A True Edition 1 Estate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 08:39 PM

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
A True Edition 1 Estate

Hello all,
So I was looking through the local MB dealerships for AMG E63s models and I ran across what looked like an edition 1 wagon. Called the dealership and sure enough, it's the real deal. This is the same dealership where I placed my order for a 2019 Selenite Gray Metallic sedan. Anyway, this thing looks mean in design Night Black Magno and though I'm not a huge fan of black cars I made an appointment to see it this coming Sunday. With all of its options the MSRP, including delivery, is $139,810. I think the wagon in any configuration looks great but since I have a truck and my wife has a Venza we decided on a sedan. But this wagon seems special. If they're willing to negotiate a better price I just may be taking it home with me. Some questions: Is the wagon heavier than the sedan and is it just as fast? I believe the sedan is quicker at track work than the wagon but I won't be tracking it anyway so I don't mind. What do you guys think? A 2019 sedan or this?
Old 05-18-2018, 08:53 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by stratman
Hello all,
So I was looking through the local MB dealerships for AMG E63s models and I ran across what looked like an edition 1 wagon. Called the dealership and sure enough, it's the real deal. This is the same dealership where I placed my order for a 2019 Selenite Gray Metallic sedan. Anyway, this thing looks mean in design Night Black Magno and though I'm not a huge fan of black cars I made an appointment to see it this coming Sunday. With all of its options the MSRP, including delivery, is $139,810. I think the wagon in any configuration looks great but since I have a truck and my wife has a Venza we decided on a sedan. But this wagon seems special. If they're willing to negotiate a better price I just may be taking it home with me. Some questions: Is the wagon heavier than the sedan and is it just as fast? I believe the sedan is quicker at track work than the wagon but I won't be tracking it anyway so I don't mind. What do you guys think? A 2019 sedan or this?
Sedan. Sedan. Sedan. // I'm waiting for my wagon-driving cohort to chime in here and disagree... it won't be long

It's a great estate (as you and I both apparently say) or wagon to the rest but, yes, it's heavier but not by much. I doubt it's as nimble since the weight distribution is affected but, if the wagon looks are appealing, who cares about these miniscule number differences--you'll out launch a Ferrari 458 Italia... and if you tune it, you'll hang with one from a roll (yes, I know that to be true... of the sedan anyway ).
Old 05-18-2018, 11:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I'd be curious what the build date of that edition 1 wagon is? Must have been a early build date I'd think and in stock somewhere for a while. There was a thread about this car a while back. I remember they were asking 10 grand over and above the window sticker, maybe thats why they still have it. I'll bet they are not gonna want to let it go for anything less than sticker at this point, I could be wrong.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
I'd be curious what the build date of that edition 1 wagon is? Must have been a early build date I'd think and in stock somewhere for a while. There was a thread about this car a while back. I remember they were asking 10 grand over and above the window sticker, maybe thats why they still have it. I'll bet they are not gonna want to let it go for anything less than sticker at this point, I could be wrong.
I looked up the VIN and it's a 2018 but I don't know the month of the build. According to the VIN decoder it was built in Sindelfingen. I'll find out more on Sunday. However, according to the order sheet it was at Mercedes-Benz USA LLC, 303 Perimeter center N Atlanta, GA and is in its present location which is recent as they didn't have this vehicle in early April when I ordered the E63s sedan or in the last couple of weeks either.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by limeypride
Sedan. Sedan. Sedan. // I'm waiting for my wagon-driving cohort to chime in here and disagree... it won't be long

It's a great estate (as you and I both apparently say) or wagon to the rest but, yes, it's heavier but not by much. I doubt it's as nimble since the weight distribution is affected but, if the wagon looks are appealing, who cares about these miniscule number differences--you'll out launch a Ferrari 458 Italia... and if you tune it, you'll hang with one from a roll (yes, I know that to be true... of the sedan anyway ).
Yes, I do like the sedan and I figured that it would be the better overall performer but it can't hurt to look. If they're not willing to negotiate then that's fine. I'll wait for the sedan and if they're not willing to negotiate on that one either then I'll walk and go see what my friends in Newport Beach can do for me. I'm in no hurry.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:51 AM

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts
E63S4S
Is this the one i posted a few weeks ago on Ebay? If so they want 10k over sticker. Was a Colorado car iirc
Old 05-19-2018, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Wagon should have better weight distribution than the sedan. However it is heavier so the sedan.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
There was already another Ed1 wagon thread here. Great looking wagon, just not a actual Edition 1.
It's simply a wagon that has the Edition 1 option on it. It somehow seems that the Ed.1 became configurable in netstar.

Which is actually the best of most worlds. Get the Ed1 option, then add exterior CF and Dynamica headliner. I realize I am biased but the Night Black Magno is the my favorite color for the E63s
Old 05-19-2018, 03:30 PM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
The only difference between the regular version and edition 1 is just that the edition 1 has the edition 1 option checked..

Yes, I know that MBUSA pretends that the edition 1 is unique.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
Yes, I do like the sedan and I figured that it would be the better overall performer but it can't hurt to look. If they're not willing to negotiate then that's fine. I'll wait for the sedan and if they're not willing to negotiate on that one either then I'll walk and go see what my friends in Newport Beach can do for me. I'm in no hurry.
Ontario Mercedes who is owned by FJ Newport has a W213 Sedan E1 on hold for a customer that didnt look like they wanted it after all.

Give Ted Moreno/GM Ontario Mercedes

or

Dave Gonzalez/GM FJ Newport Mercedes

Tell them S63AMG888 sent you. They'll hook you up.

PM me if you need their contact info.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 78degrees
The only difference between the regular version and edition 1 is just that the edition 1 has the edition 1 option checked..

Yes, I know that MBUSA pretends that the edition 1 is unique.
it is unique unless you can show me that anyone can build a ED1 sedan in the US. Nothing to pretend here...
Old 05-20-2018, 04:32 AM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
As I said, MBUSA pretends it's unique, this is probably done by restricting who can order the option in the US.
In Europe everyone could order the edition 1 if they wanted to (not anymore, as the edition 1 is not available in MY2019)

Yes, there are some differences between US and EU models, in EU the headlights works as intended, and most cars delivered here are ready to mount the licence plate in front.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 78degrees
As I said, MBUSA pretends it's unique, this is probably done by restricting who can order the option in the US.
In Europe everyone could order the edition 1 if they wanted to (not anymore, as the edition 1 is not available in MY2019)

Yes, there are some differences between US and EU models, in EU the headlights works as intended, and most cars delivered here are ready to mount the licence plate in front.
I’s been discussed before that in Europe it’s (or was) just an option (somewhat different, no CCB’s), but in the US they only build 213 sedans for the launch and that was it. Those cars were not changeable and all had the excact same price. It was a take it or not scenario. The Ed.1 option was simply not selectable unless you bought the car.

What makes the wagon thread interesting that it seems to have been possible to order the Ed.1 option as an actual option and these two are the only instances I have seen in the US.
The following users liked this post:
Vic55 (05-21-2018)
Old 05-20-2018, 03:32 PM

Ok I just got back from the dealership where the E1 estate is. Apparently, the GM was able to acquire not one but two of these and they are the only design Night Black Magno Edition 1 wagons in the world (per the sales manager I'm working with and the Fleet manager). In Europe they are all gray magno for the wagon. The car looks super but the one I looked at is not for sale as it belongs to the GM. The second one is scheduled for delivery at the dealership on Monday but the GM hasn't decided what he's going to do with it. If he does sell it he wants $20k over MSRP ($138,610). They'll call me tomorrow to let me know if it's available or not. I don't know if it's worth that much though it sounds as thought these are the only two in the world, as wagons, built like this. Oh, and you CAN'T order one in this configuration. By the way, the build date is 01/2018.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 664 Likes on 512 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
Sorry, not worth that kind of $, imo.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Ok I just got back from the dealership where the E1 estate is. Apparently, the GM was able to acquire not one but two of these and they are the only design Night Black Magno Edition 1 wagons in the world (per the sales manager I'm working with and the Fleet manager). In Europe they are all gray magno for the wagon. The car looks super but the one I looked at is not for sale as it belongs to the GM. The second one is scheduled for delivery at the dealership on Monday but the GM hasn't decided what he's going to do with it. If he does sell it he wants $20k over MSRP ($138,610). They'll call me tomorrow to let me know if it's available or not. I don't know if it's worth that much though it sounds as thought these are the only two in the world, as wagons, built like this. Oh, and you CAN'T order one in this configuration. By the way, the build date is 01/2018.
Wonder how this one fits in. Is this the same dealer? Definitely better spec’d...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz...0AAOSwzE9a92wG
Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 AM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
$20k over sticker for matte black paint, stickers, and yellow stitching isn't worth it. Order or find one in black, find a good shop and have them wrap it in XPEL Stealth. With the 3-5% most people are getting off them right now you'll save $20k even with the wrap...and it will be MUCH more durable too. I can't see the future where it being "Edition 1" would matter from a resale standpoint. The market for a used matte black AMG station wagon is already thin enough, buyers are going to take what it can get, ED1 or not. Maybe in 30-40 years crossing an auction block.

Last edited by Carac; 05-21-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I wont get into the arguement if its a real ED1 or an option, its semantics to me but there is no wrap available to create the night black magno paint effect... the paint, in person, is shockingly flat and shiny at the same time. Its got a sheen like no other matte paint Ive seen thus far. Plus if one wants to trade it in at some point, OEM Matte like this is valuable vs some wrap job that actually hurts ACV on trades per all my wholesalers and used car managers I know (I know alot).

Its it worth the markup? NO. But its worth MSRP IMHO. A wagon has even more paint surface than the sedan and the paint is nothing short of bad a$$. Couple with CCB's and the excellent interior and MSRP is 100% fair but the ADM is not.

Hey its only 20k, the First Edition M5 that is sitting at Sterling BMW in Newport Beach has a 60k fawking ADM... Idiots.

Here is one for sale:

https://www.mblaguna.com/inventory/n...zh8kb8ja439235

Crappy Web Site Pic

vs my crap cell phone shot

Last edited by Vic55; 05-21-2018 at 11:23 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vic55:
S63AMG888 (05-21-2018), Wolfman (05-21-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by Vic55
I wont get into the arguement if its a real ED1 or an option, its semantics to me but there is no wrap available to create the night black magno paint effect... the paint, in person, is shockingly flat and shiny at the same time. Its got a sheen like no other matte paint Ive seen thus far. Plus if one wants to trade it in at some point, OEM Matte like this is valuable vs some wrap job that actually hurts ACV on trades per all my wholesalers and used car managers I know (I know alot).

Its it worth the markup? NO. But its worth MSRP IMHO. A wagon has even more paint surface than the sedan and the paint is nothing short of bad a$$. Couple with CCB's and the excellent interior and MSRP is 100% fair but the ADM is not.

Hey its only 20k, the First Edition M5 that is sitting at Sterling BMW in Newport Beach has a 60k fawking ADM... Idiots.
Exactly, $20k over is crazy, sticker is fine. That dealership is just fishing for suckers.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 380 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
When I first saw the ED1 at the LA auto show back in the fall of 2016 I tried to order the car then and there

I've seen a couple out in the wild since then and still really like the night black magno.

But, very happy with the selenite grey magno too as it was the best I could do as I wanted custom selections on other car options not available on the ED1.

I agree with Vic though that the magno effect is even more stunning on the night black paint. Flat and shiny at the same time . . .
Old 05-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Carac
Exactly, $20k over is crazy, sticker is fine. That dealership is just fishing for suckers.
The problem is, there is always that one... money is relative so I get it. Spend it to be first on the block or lose out quite possibly (since this car is super rare-wagon).
Old 05-21-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by wassup61
Is this the one i posted a few weeks ago on Ebay? If so they want 10k over sticker. Was a Colorado car iirc
I don't think this is that one. However, the dealership GM is supposedly getting a second one which is not in yet and that very well may be this one.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55

Here is one for sale:

https://www.mblaguna.com/inventory/n...zh8kb8ja439235

Crappy Web Site Pic

vs my crap cell phone shot

This is the very dealership and wagon I went to see this past Sunday Vic55. Apparently it's not for sale as the GM is keeping this one. And you're so right! The paint is like nothing I've seen before. Just beautiful and mean at the same time. According to the sales manager I'm working with the second one is supposed to show up today and then the GM will decide what he wants to do with it. I also agree that it's worth the MSRP but not for $20k more. That's just greed kicking in.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Wolfman

Wonder how this one fits in. Is this the same dealer? Definitely better spec’d...

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz...0AAOSwzE9a92wG
It very well may be Wolfman since there are supposedly only two E1 wagons in the world in this color. I won't know until I get a call to let me know what the GM is going to do with the second one.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:50 PM
Administrator

This is the very dealership and wagon I went to see this past Sunday Vic55. Apparently it's not for sale as the GM is keeping this one. And you're so right! The paint is like nothing I've seen before. Just beautiful and mean at the same time. According to the sales manager I'm working with the second one is supposed to show up today and then the GM will decide what he wants to do with it. I also agree that it's worth the MSRP but not for $20k more. That's just greed kicking in.
The GM there is greedy--- Ive never bought one car there and more than likely never will. I understand whats fair but there is a reason why that store sometimes sits on cars forever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A True Edition 1 Estate