C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

Totaled do I have any options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 CLA 45 AMG
Totaled do I have any options?

Hearbroken. I think I totaled my car. Relatively minor accident but difficulty finding used parts is putting the damage around $8k

Kelly Blue Book has the value (before accident) at $3700-6100

Can anyone help--do I have other options than just taking the insurance payout? Are the parts worth more separately (I'm not sure I have the expertise to do that myself)?

Any advice or guidance?

Very sad, I loved that car. I hate to see another C55 off the streets. Heavy sigh.
Thanks for all the help in the past. This was my intro to Car Enthusiasm.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:47 PM

2006 C55 AMG
Man sorry to hear that. If it's front end damage, you can just buy clk500 bumper, hood, fenders, and headlights. I got into a minor accident in my c55 in the front, insurance quoted 6500 fot parts and labor. Bought all the parts for less than 1k and sent it to a bodyshop. Post some pics and hopefully other members can chime in.
The following users liked this post:
AMGVice (05-19-2018)
Old 05-19-2018, 05:36 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by slize
Man sorry to hear that. If it's front end damage, you can just buy clk500 bumper, hood, fenders, and headlights. I got into a minor accident in my c55 in the front, insurance quoted 6500 fot parts and labor. Bought all the parts for less than 1k and sent it to a bodyshop. Post some pics and hopefully other members can chime in.
Thank you for the idea. I hadn't thought about the CLK bumper conversion.

Off to search Converting to CLK Front End for Dummies thread.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Kompressor
What type of damage did you incur? Anything mechanical/frame damage or just cosmetic?
Old 05-22-2018, 08:44 PM

2014 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by The_BIG_Texan
What type of damage did you incur? Anything mechanical/frame damage or just cosmetic?
Mostly Costmetic
Can provide estimate details. So sad.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Originally Posted by AMGVice
Mostly Costmetic
Can provide estimate details. So sad.
sorry bud am sure you loved that car.... is your motor still working/usable? if so you probably could swap it into another c-class/w203 that you could find on the cheap?

earlier this year i totaled my c32 after 12 years and the car is sitting in my driveway under a tarp as the motor still works perfect. I am searching for a cheap donor c240/w203 (4matic!) to swap the motor into which others have done before and is possible. a swap is clearly NOT the wisest decision to do financially, but I loved my c32 and had a blast in it - so spending a few thousand or whatever to swap a perfectly good motor into a c240 which is a secondary leisure project car is just a fun side project that fortunately i have a guy who can do the work.
The following users liked this post:
AMGVice (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 07:09 AM

2014 CLA 45 AMG
Originally Posted by jvakos
sorry bud am sure you loved that car.... is your motor still working/usable? if so you probably could swap it into another c-class/w203 that you could find on the cheap?

earlier this year i totaled my c32 after 12 years and the car is sitting in my driveway under a tarp as the motor still works perfect. I am searching for a cheap donor c240/w203 (4matic!) to swap the motor into which others have done before and is possible. a swap is clearly NOT the wisest decision to do financially, but I loved my c32 and had a blast in it - so spending a few thousand or whatever to swap a perfectly good motor into a c240 which is a secondary leisure project car is just a fun side project that fortunately i have a guy who can do the work.
Thank you for your kind words! It does run and the mechanical damage is not that much. We are looking at options. Trying to be smart, but really love the damn car!! I would love to keep it and slowly fix it over the years. we'll see...

I did love it and we are looking at options.