S-Class (W222) 2014-2020

CarPlay Quirks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 11:51 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
S65, SL65
CarPlay Quirks

Has anyone figured out how to use both a wired iPhone and an iPod connected via USB in what was previously a usable center console storage area?
If the iPod is wire connected, it blocks the use of a wired iPhone. You get to use one or the other. Just occurred to me to see if using the phone wirelessly will work.
Still frustrated with the crude CarPlay/ command integration. (2018 Camry vastly better) And the weak Bosch navigation system architecture. (Almost any Japanese or Korean car better). And the clumsy driver assist implementation. (Cadillac much better). And then there’s the interior noise penetration. Camry and Cadillac better seriously.... that is rediculous. Beautiful sedan though. Gorgeous interior. MBC suspension very good. The restaurant valet staff prefer it...
God, I miss my 2015 S550.
Old 05-27-2018, 02:57 PM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by HSCLA
Has anyone figured out how to use both a wired iPhone and an iPod connected via USB in what was previously a usable center console storage area?
If the iPod is wire connected, it blocks the use of a wired iPhone. You get to use one or the other. Just occurred to me to see if using the phone wirelessly will work.
Still frustrated with the crude CarPlay/ command integration. (2018 Camry vastly better) And the weak Bosch navigation system architecture. (Almost any Japanese or Korean car better). And the clumsy driver assist implementation. (Cadillac much better). And then there’s the interior noise penetration. Camry and Cadillac better seriously.... that is rediculous. Beautiful sedan though. Gorgeous interior. MBC suspension very good. The restaurant valet staff prefer it...
God, I miss my 2015 S550.
Buy a Camry, I think you will be much happier.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:10 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
S65, SL65
Originally Posted by Socalsteve

Buy a Camry, I think you will be much happier.
ahhh, so you DO work for MB! You know, at least a person has an honest value proposition with a Camry. You have a reasonable expectation of the car’s quality and it’s attributes for the modest purchase price and all the surprises are in the GOOD direction. And this new 2018 car is really good. I haven’t found that to be the case with MB anymore. Certainly not with my most recent experience. And the disrespect, apathy, lack of concern displayed to a really good long term customer is, to me, unimaginable. Hope you are never the recipient of such an experience. Feels bad.
Old 05-27-2018, 08:48 PM

Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
2015 MBZ S 550
Originally Posted by HSCLA

ahhh, so you DO work for MB! You know, at least a person has an honest value proposition with a Camry. You have a reasonable expectation of the car’s quality and it’s attributes for the modest purchase price and all the surprises are in the GOOD direction. And this new 2018 car is really good. I haven’t found that to be the case with MB anymore. Certainly not with my most recent experience. And the disrespect, apathy, lack of concern displayed to a really good long term customer is, to me, unimaginable. Hope you are never the recipient of such an experience. Feels bad.
‘Thank you, I hope it never happens to me. If it does, I will take action. Even if that means taking a financial hit. Life is too short to be so upset about something that can easily be changed.

It’s a car. It takes you from point a to point b. Hopefully safely and in comfort. The other stuff is just icing. You don’t like the Nav, use google maps on your phone. You don’t like CarPlay, don’t use it. German cars are far, far superior to every other vehicle out there in so many ways, but the Japanese have the electronics down.