C32 AMG, C55 AMG (W203) 2001 - 2007

C32 Preventive Maintenance

Old 06-13-2018, 02:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C32
C32 Preventive Maintenance

Hey guys!

I have recently purchased a 2002 C32 AMG and in need of proper guidance for preventive maintenance, purchased the car with 100k miles ( Rebuilt title) from Kentucky! And had an excited power run back to Illinois, but half way a loud whining noise started coming from engine when slowing down and on turns, I’m assuming its related to power steering leak possibly? Or maybe supercharger bearing? After looking around online same noise is coming in both cases.
This car was owned by an older gentleman who babied the car and assured he never drove it rough,
Anyhow these are the issues with the car as of now

-Supercharger disengages after it warms up, I’m assuming it’s the pump and I’ve learned about the upgraded Bosch pump 0392022010 which I will be upgrading it with, but issue there is I can’t find the fuse/relay to make sure looked in the trunk but there is a empty slot :/

-Transmission Coolant plug? I’ve also read that there is coolant plug leak? It’s a cheap part but couldn’t find the location or part number for it.

-Water pump: the pulley is wobbling up and down. while I’m doing that any other suggestions? I heard idler pulleys go out too? I’m thinking to maybe upgrade the SC pulley down the road but not sure yet, should I go with any specific setup that might help with slippage if go that way? Since I have to do those anyways?

If I am missing on other major/critical maintenances please do suggest, as I’ve tried gathering as much info I could before bothering anyone but since it’s such an old car topics are all over the place.
I really want to do eurocharged 65mm or 62mm pulley, ECU/TCU tune but don’t want to destroy the car for few HP, is it reliable? Or don’t bother?
I really appreciate you guys taking your time to read through this madness
thanks a lot
Old 06-13-2018, 10:25 AM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
C32x2 RIP, 2005 C55, 2020 GLB 250, 2014 E550
Congrats on the purchase. The C32 was one of my favorite cars that I’ve owned. Regarding the whining noise, I would check all the accessorie pulleys first. Take the belt off and spin each pulley to see if you get any resistance. I would recommend doing a supercharger flush with Mobil jet oil 2 as preventative maintenance. My rule of thumb when modifying any car is to get through all the preventative maintenance first before adding any power upgrades. I had the 65mm pulley and a tune and it transformed the car.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes C32
Hey thanks a lot, sorry took me a while! I will get back once those are done thanks
Old 06-21-2018, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
OK, before it really breaks on you, I wouldn't drive it anymore.
The pulley on the water pump is a common failure point and it will seize and break off the mounting post on your water pump. As it flies off it may damage other parts as well.
Get this and and be worry free:
http://needswings.com/pulley-saver-kit-waldig-needswings-c32

Replace your radiator, hopefully it has already been done, if not, maybe get a glycol test of your transmission fluid.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/184517-dreaded-valeo-radiator-confirmed-board-my-c32-no-leaks-yet-replace-behr.html