Sponsored by:

E63s.. we meet again! which tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 09:20 AM

Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
2018 GLE63S Coupe, 2018 E63s
E63s.. we meet again! which tune?

Honestly, after owning a W212 E63s, I thought I had enough, hence my wife moved into a C63s and a GLE63S coupe for myself.. but it wasn’t enough.. and I wanna say it felt good buying this car.. there is a lot different from my previous gen. Still a huge learning curve..
Thank you to everyone here that provided some great info and after market products available for this car.
So far, I have:
Xpel Stealth (all round)
Huper Optik C20 tint all round
Zunsport lower mesh grille (easy fitment.. thank you MBWorld)
Burmester tweeters (took longer but it works.. thanks to MBworld)

Question for the W213 forum..which tune?
Renntech
Eurocharged
Weistec

At the lot

Delivery day 🖤🔥

Last edited by Meeru; 07-17-2018 at 09:25 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Meeru:
Ed99 (07-10-2019), munis (07-17-2018), VPC_E63S (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Message me if you want a EC tune
Old 07-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Awwwww the tune question is back--- here is what you will get:

Answers from all that are using each company and why its the best. Of course its all biased and hardly anyone here can provide multiple examples or a true sampling of a tune on E63S- we just dont have enough tuned cars and owners posting yet.

I look for this in a tune:

1. true measurable gains- not dyno plots on a given day to sell a product; this means times at a track and not just once but with some consistency
2. usable gains thru the normal rpm ranges- we dont drive benzes at 7k rpms all day where peak gains are shown
3. a tune that isnt maxed out that will push the risk of the car beyond what its already being pushed (this is a catch 22 cause in reality any tune could lead to failure- "pay to play" applies here)
4. retailer service is a must- preferably local to avoid shipping and ease in trouble shooting.
The following 2 users liked this post by Vic55:
bobblehead (07-17-2018), munis (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 01:18 PM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Audi R8, Alfa Romeo Quad, 991tt,cls550, 997tt, 85 Carrera
I chose Renntech. It was on the pricey side, however I went through the dealer for the installation. For me it is just a piece of mind if any issues come up such as a check engine light (of which I've here and there) they will work with you. Its too expensive of a car to take a chance if anything should happen to the engine. If there any engine issues I am sure the dealer would cop out and blame it on the tune. Going thorough the dealership for the tune may help in a situation like this.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:09 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Bounce me a message, we have a pretty good sale going at the moment!
Old 07-17-2018, 02:14 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Originally Posted by 2020
I chose Renntech. It was on the pricey side, however I went through the dealer for the installation. For me it is just a piece of mind if any issues come up such as a check engine light (of which I've here and there) they will work with you. Its too expensive of a car to take a chance if anything should happen to the engine. If there any engine issues I am sure the dealer would cop out and blame it on the tune. Going thorough the dealership for the tune may help in a situation like this.
You should look into this more. Having a Renntech tune can still very much invalidate a warranty claim on the engine. Dealers are happy to flash the ecu for you, but forget to mention this.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:15 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
Very nice, is that an xpel stealth wrap on a factory matte paint or was it glossy? I have a factory matte coming in september and I am thinking about xpel stealth and in the same situation you are with tune selection.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:22 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
2018 AMG E63S
I went with EuroCharged--a decision based on pure research. I focused on net gains, reputation, repeatable/discoverable evidence (as opposed to hearsay and/or one-off hero runs), bang for the buck, reported power gains (big focus on torque for me), additional tuning features like removing speed limiter and additional pops and bangs, etc.

EuroCharged is unequivocally the best tune and I'll hear nothing to the contrary... OK, I'm joking here , I'm just making Vic's assertion a reality, i.e. that everybody loves their tune and almost nobody [me included] can compare side-by-side under consistent conditions... hence the research strategy.

I went with a local shop here in my area--Snohomish European--they cover Seattle, Woodinville, Bellevue, Monroe, Everett, etc. I recently got them setup as an EC dealer so now it's as simple as me driving by. I also worked directly with Jerry (EuroCharged owner/tuner) to make that happen and, as expected, he's also a pleasure to deal with. I've taken two free revisions from him since installing the first revision and each has added slightly more low-end torque--I couldn't be more pleased.

Here are the figures based on a Mustang Dyno; as impressive as these are, they'd be substantially higher on a Dynojet but I don't have one of those around to try:

NB: these are wheel-numbers so using a 15% drivetrain loss, that equates to 731 horsepower and 865 ft Ibs of torque at the crank

Here's the resulting 0-60mph:

Here's what folks see in their rearview mirror when I approach:

… and here's what they see just a second or two later :
The following 2 users liked this post by limeypride:
loungn14 (07-17-2018), Mandarin (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 04:03 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by munis
Congrats man! Can't wait to ride this beast this weekend!

And you already know my review of which tune not to get, haha. See you on Friday!
I'm confused, Munis--your sig line reads that you have an AMG but it also says you're using a JB4--did Terry start working on AMGs, too?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by limeypride
I'm confused, Munis--your sig line reads that you have an AMG but it also says you're using a JB4--did Terry start working on AMGs, too?
Haha, hey man!, and yeah JB4 is up and running for the C43. We all made the upgrade a month ago. JB1 already posted the fastest time and trap for our platform. Excited to see what the JB4 can do.

As far as I know, it is currently in dev for the M177 engine. Exciting times ahead!

Old 07-17-2018, 04:25 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Haha, hey man!, and yeah JB4 is up and running for the C43. We all made the upgrade a month ago. JB1 already posted the fastest time and trap for our platform. Excited to see what the JB4 can do.

As far as I know, it is currently in dev for the M177 engine. Exciting times ahead!
Interesting news! I ran the basic JB on 7 of my former BMWs--the exact same box, too... it just moved from car to car. I only ran the JB4 on an X5M I owned for a while--amazing what that box of tricks can do.

As far as I know, they're already pushing 700 wheel HP on the new M5 so I may be switching too soon to experience the AMG unit. Any pointers as to when they're releasing the JB Parasite for the 63s?
Old 07-17-2018, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting news! I ran the basic JB on 7 of my former BMWs--the exact same box, too... it just moved from car to car. I only ran the JB4 on an X5M I owned for a while--amazing what that box of tricks can do.

As far as I know, they're already pushing 700 wheel HP on the new M5 so I may be switching too soon to experience the AMG unit. Any pointers as to when they're releasing the JB Parasite for the 63s?
He just told me he is working on the M177 platform as well. I asked him for a timeline though, he told me they are working on a couple of projects now and he needs some time with the car too. If you are close to him, see if you can volunteer! Stacking the JB4 with your EC tune would make it an undisputed beast for sure.
Old 07-17-2018, 04:38 PM

2018 AMG E63S
He just told me he is working on the M177 platform as well. I asked him for a timeline though, he told me there are working on a couple of projects now and he needs some time with the car too. If you are close to him, see if you can volunteer! Stacking the JB4 with your EC tune would make it an undisputed beast for sure.
I just pinged him and asked the same questions so we'll see what he says I guess.

I was within about 20 miles last week but I was on vacation (as well as not knowing that he worked on AMGs anyway) so that wouldn't have gone down well--"sorry, honey, I gave the car to a tuner for the week; fear not, Disney is only a 5 hour walk". I live in WA state so we're not remotely local, sadly.

I stacked JB atop Dinan in the past and it yielded no more power than the JB alone. That is, the JB alone or the Dinan + JB both beat the Dinan and both setups yielded roughly the same power gains albeit with slightly clumsy driving attributes, e.g. clumsy shifts. I don't know what it would do combined with the EC, it's be interesting to find out, though.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
Originally Posted by TE63s
What a great looking E! Here is mine:

I got the Xpel treatment on mine as well. I was checking around for a tune and were considering similar options. I did see this company called AMR Performance that looked to be doing great things with this car.

Anyone have a tune and have input? I do not want to go crazy and upgrade any mechanical parts, which is why I like what AMR was doing. They seem to have phenomenal numbers with just their software.
Very nice, car looks great. I drove up to AMR this past Friday to tune my E63. I went with the 'Street Tune' but I'll probably upgrade to the 'Race Tune' later. Personally, I'd be comfortable using most of the tuning companies mentioned regularly on these forums. I haven't used them all, but I've had many good experiences with other tuning companies including Renntech. That being said, I recently had a good experience with AMR tune on my CLS63 (Oct '17) so I decided to go with AMR again. It's great being able to drive there (85 miles), wait a few hours, and then drive home with more power.

Last edited by Andrew-NY; 07-17-2018 at 06:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TE63s (07-24-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 06:50 PM

Hmmm?

Originally Posted by TE63s
What a great looking E! Here is mine:

I got the Xpel treatment on mine as well. I was checking around for a tune and were considering similar options. I did see this company called AMR Performance that looked to be doing great things with this car.

Anyone have a tune and have input? I do not want to go crazy and upgrade any mechanical parts, which is why I like what AMR was doing. They seem to have phenomenal numbers with just their software.
One of my friends have had a terrible experience with AMR, so I’d like to go elsewhere. Also I need a local shop with a live tuning process. Can’t live with shipping out ECUs.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:52 PM

Makes sense

Originally Posted by Vic55
Awwwww the tune question is back--- here is what you will get:

Answers from all that are using each company and why its the best. Of course its all biased and hardly anyone here can provide multiple examples or a true sampling of a tune on E63S- we just dont have enough tuned cars and owners posting yet.

I look for this in a tune:

1. true measurable gains- not dyno plots on a given day to sell a product; this means times at a track and not just once but with some consistency
2. usable gains thru the normal rpm ranges- we dont drive benzes at 7k rpms all day where peak gains are shown
3. a tune that isnt maxed out that will push the risk of the car beyond what its already being pushed (this is a catch 22 cause in reality any tune could lead to failure- "pay to play" applies here)
4. retailer service is a must- preferably local to avoid shipping and ease in trouble shooting.
I think number 3 and 4 come in clutch.. totally agree!
Old 07-17-2018, 06:53 PM

This I like

wish there was renntech at MB dealerships here..
Old 07-17-2018, 06:56 PM

Great responses! Thx everyone!
Ed99 (07-10-2019)
Old 07-17-2018, 06:57 PM

I went with EuroCharged--a decision based on pure research. I focused on net gains, reputation, repeatable/discoverable evidence (as opposed to hearsay and/or one-off hero runs), bang for the buck, reported power gains (big focus on torque for me), additional tuning features like removing speed limiter and additional pops and bangs, etc.

EuroCharged is unequivocally the best tune and I'll hear nothing to the contrary... OK, I'm joking here , I'm just making Vic's assertion a reality, i.e. that everybody loves their tune and almost nobody [me included] can compare side-by-side under consistent conditions... hence the research strategy.

I went with a local shop here in my area--Snohomish European--they cover Seattle, Woodinville, Bellevue, Monroe, Everett, etc. I recently got them setup as an EC dealer so now it's as simple as me driving by. I also worked directly with Jerry (EuroCharged owner/tuner) to make that happen and, as expected, he's also a pleasure to deal with. I've taken two free revisions from him since installing the first revision and each has added slightly more low-end torque--I couldn't be more pleased.

Here are the figures based on a Mustang Dyno; as impressive as these are, they'd be substantially higher on a Dynojet but I don't have one of those around to try:

NB: these are wheel-numbers so using a 15% drivetrain loss, that equates to 731 horsepower and 865 ft Ibs of torque at the crank

Here's the resulting 0-60mph:

Here's what folks see in their rearview mirror when I approach:

… and here's what they see just a second or two later :
wow those are impressive numbers.. lol nice plate
Old 07-17-2018, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by jkob5
Very nice, is that an xpel stealth wrap on a factory matte paint or was it glossy? I have a factory matte coming in september and I am thinking about xpel stealth and in the same situation you are with tune selection.
hey you have to go xpel stealth to maintain the factory matte look 100%
lol here in canada options are limited for tunes, best of luck to u!
Old 07-24-2018, 02:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honestly, is it okay to make these many fake accounts now? Are people really like that daft? You can easily track every single post history. Pattern recognition should not rocket science.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:56 PM
Administrator

2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
I have deleted these member(s) posts because they are the same member.... its a violation of our TOU's to post as a dual member and clearly the allegiance to AMR is prevalent. AMR I am NOT stating you are involved here but the posts by these two members clearly are in violation of the rules. I wont suspend the accounts just yet but that will come if I see more instances like this.

TE63S
thatnewnewe63s

One and the same.
The following 4 users liked this post by Vic55:
limeypride (07-24-2018), loungn14 (07-24-2018), munis (07-24-2018), ShazV6 (08-03-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Vic55
I have deleted these member(s) posts because they are the same member.... its a violation of our TOU's to post as a dual member and clearly the allegiance to AMR is prevalent. AMR I am NOT stating you are involved here but the posts by these two members clearly are in violation of the rules. I wont suspend the accounts just yet but that will come if I see more instances like this.

TE63S
thatnewnewe63s

One and the same.
What kind of a customer makes two separate fake accounts to promote a single vendor? It does not seem fishy to you at all?
loungn14 (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
What kind of a customer makes two separate fake accounts to promote a single vendor? It does not seem fishy to you at all?
Vic deleted the posts and put both user names on notice of suspension. He’s all over it as far as I can tell.
munis (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Of course it does and thats why I first did the erasing and then subsequently, after my flight, handled the rest...

Its not in my normal train of thought to check everyones IP via the mod section to confirm but this one seemed a bit over the top. And yes its very fishy but I dont have proof that the vendor was involved... I would need more than supposition. So for now, we will turn the thread back to the OP and member feedback on tunes please!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: E63s.. we meet again! which tune?