C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Need Help] Dashcam install to hide wires.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 E300 4Matic, 2021 AMG CLS 53 4Matic+
[Need Help] Dashcam install to hide wires.

Hi everyone, I have a C43 Coupe and I would like to install a dashcam, but I can't seem to find an easy way to plug in the USB cable so either the cup holder can close or the center console can close.

Does anyone have any experience or tips that I could use to help me hide/route my wires? Thank you!
Old 08-15-2018, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
This guide is over in the regular C-class forum. You can search in that area for other posts/ideas, but this is a top notch method.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...e-install.html
Old 08-16-2018, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by chan1011
Hi everyone, I have a C43 Coupe and I would like to install a dashcam, but I can't seem to find an easy way to plug in the USB cable so either the cup holder can close or the center console can close.

Does anyone have any experience or tips that I could use to help me hide/route my wires? Thank you!

Hardwire it.

I used a fuse tap into the 5A fuse for the analog clock in the fuse box that's in the door frame left of the steering wheel.

Old 08-16-2018, 03:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 glc43 AMG coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Hardwire it.

I used a fuse tap into the 5A fuse for the analog clock in the fuse box that's in the door frame left of the steering wheel.
+1 This. There is adequate space in the fuse box next to the steering wheel (right hand side in my case). That also fits my radar detector power. Just buy a cigarette lighter holder for a few dollars (if it needs the adapter for the correct voltage) and choose an existing fuse to tap into (one that turns off when the ignition does, not all of them do). There are also spare slots there if you don't want to hijack an existing circuit.
For the center console, just out of completeness..., if you open it up half way, a usb connector slides underneath with a bit of wiggle), which you can then then shift the wire to the top corner edge which allows it to open and close properly. You can then run the wire in the groove up the side of the center console (obscures the led lights though). Double sided sticky tape keeps it in place and hidden. This is how my phone charger is done.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:50 AM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
C43 AMG
my installer hardwired a phone charger and my 2 channel dash cam with backup battery. The backup battery is in the boot and i think he took power from the passenger footwell? super neat all fused, labelled and wrapped in felt tape so it doesnt rattle