W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 E63s Custom Order -- Any discount off MSRP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 04:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
2019 E63s Custom Order -- Any discount off MSRP?

Hello everyone,

I recently test drove a 2018 E63s and now looking to custom build one. I went to MBUSA.com and built a vehicle and sent that out to a few dealerships and waiting to hear back. Just wanted to ask everyone here what I can expect in terms of pricing/availability. Dealer #1 is already saying that there is no discount on custom builds so it would have to be full sticker but that they won't charge me anything over sticker. They want a $5000 non-refundable deposit and think that I could have the vehicle around Christmas time. Not sure if they are just over-promising on that timeline to get the sale or not.

Other dealers are saying mid-February, but haven't gotten back about pricing yet.

For everyone waiting on a 2019 E63s, what kind of deals or discounts have you received? Do you generally just ask for a percentage off MSRP? Is there any wiggle-room on a custom build? I plan on buying vs leasing but not sure how that affects the equation.

Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you everyone!
Old 09-18-2018, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by GreenFox
Hello everyone,

I recently test drove a 2018 E63s and now looking to custom build one. I went to MBUSA.com and built a vehicle and sent that out to a few dealerships and waiting to hear back. Just wanted to ask everyone here what I can expect in terms of pricing/availability. Dealer #1 is already saying that there is no discount on custom builds so it would have to be full sticker but that they won't charge me anything over sticker. They want a $5000 non-refundable deposit and think that I could have the vehicle around Christmas time. Not sure if they are just over-promising on that timeline to get the sale or not.

Other dealers are saying mid-February, but haven't gotten back about pricing yet.

For everyone waiting on a 2019 E63s, what kind of deals or discounts have you received? Do you generally just ask for a percentage off MSRP? Is there any wiggle-room on a custom build? I plan on buying vs leasing but not sure how that affects the equation.

Any help that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you everyone!
FYI, make sure your state doesn’t outlaw non-refundable deposits (if they are then your dealer can’t refuse to refund a deposit). If you want, I have a dealer friend who has a fully loaded sedan coming on a boat now (and is willing to deal). I’ll shoot you his info if you’re interested — PM me.
Old 09-18-2018, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 380 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Another option you can consider is European Delivery Program. In that case you can freely configure the car to your heart's desire. I believe the standard discount on the E63S is 5%, plus there is also the waiver of the $995 destination and delivery fee (they still deliver it to you stateside anyway - they just don't charge the fee).

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/europ...livery_program

Several of us have used Herbert Haemmer, who is one of the top EDP agents in the US. My experience with him was great and I think that's been generally echoed by others as well. Herbert's web page is: http://mbeuropeandelivery.com/savings.php
Old 09-18-2018, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by E634Me
Another option you can consider is European Delivery Program. In that case you can freely configure the car to your heart's desire. I believe the standard discount on the E63S is 5%, plus there is also the waiver of the $995 destination and delivery fee (they still deliver it to you stateside anyway - they just don't charge the fee).

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/europ...livery_program

Several of us have used Herbert Haemmer, who is one of the top EDP agents in the US. My experience with him was great and I think that's been generally echoed by others as well. Herbert's web page is: http://mbeuropeandelivery.com/savings.php
Do you order the car through him? Or does he just do the travel-part?
Old 09-18-2018, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I'd think it would be possible to get 5 to 7 percent off the sticker, at least I did on mine. I guess it really depends on what state you are in, I heard in California a lot of the dealers are looking for sticker on ordered AMG's
Old 09-18-2018, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S AMG
You order the car through him. He can work with a local dealer to have the car delivered there following the vacation.

While he will help out with hotel bookings, after his helpful info on planning the trip we decided to book our own as this left us free to be flexible and spend more time here or there rather than following a preset itinerary. Herbert is a German native and grew up in Konstanz Germany and spent some years in the travel industry before getting into car sales. Given that background he is a natural fit for the EDP. He's also a very personable and low pressure guy with lots of very interesting stories about all the areas we wanted to see. We lucked out in that he was local to me so I could just go over and chat in person.

In my case, I was going to have the car delivered to So Cal where I live, but because I travel frequently to the DC area, I in the end decided to have the car delivered to a dealership on the east coast to save the extra few weeks through the Panama Canal. Herbert reported that the guys at Euro Motorcars in Germantown were great to work with. That was my experience too when I picked up the car to drive it back to San Diego.

In fact, see this thread. Shahul has a very nicely loaded wagon coming - it's worth looking at. https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...-discount.html
Old 09-18-2018, 08:47 PM

2019 AMG E63S
Thanks guys for the help.

Have heard back from a couple dealers so far, one wants a $10K deposit and a $10K premium over MSRP for ordering a custom build. They're thinking the vehicle would be available by middle of February. Other dealer is saying it will be available around Christmas, wants $5K deposit and is not charging any premium over MSRP. Both in California.

Will reach out to a few more dealers and see what others are willing to offer. Would be nice to be able to get something below sticker.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:28 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s

Have heard back from a couple dealers so far, one wants a $10K deposit and a $10K premium over MSRP for ordering a custom build. They're thinking the vehicle would be available by middle of February. Other dealer is saying it will be available around Christmas, wants $5K deposit and is not charging any premium over MSRP. Both in California.

Will reach out to a few more dealers and see what others are willing to offer. Would be nice to be able to get something below sticker.
Time to check into other states. PM Me if you want, 2 dealers in my area (Houston) offered 4.5 percent off MSRP with about 5 minutes of negotiating for custom builds. That's ridiculous, don't give them your business.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan

That's nuts. I ordered one today (11/10 build slot) and despite a few oddball options (total de-badging, brown leather), the salesman waived their standard $2,500 deposit. PO is for straight list.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:38 PM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Nissan
I encountered much the same in the bay area. Went out of state (but close) to get a discount off ordered car. It's here in Long Beach but being held up by the "authorities" - very frustrating.

PM me if you're interested in more details.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jkob5
Time to check into other states. PM Me if you want, 2 dealers in my area (Houston) offered 4.5 percent off MSRP with about 5 minutes of negotiating for custom builds. That's ridiculous, don't give them your business.
Originally Posted by whoover
That's nuts. I ordered one today (11/10 build slot) and despite a few oddball options (total de-badging, brown leather), the salesman waived their standard $2,500 deposit. PO is for straight list.
What both these dudes said about that **** being ridiculous!! $10k deposit? Please tell me one of the dealers was the ****bags down at Fletcher Jones. Pleeaaase!

Im in San Diego and I put $1k down in April and that’s it.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:35 AM

2019 AMG E63S
Thanks guys. I will check with some out of state dealers tomorrow. California dealers are probably just used to charging whatever they want. The dealer who wanted to charge me $10k over MSRP told me that the $10k over list is a favor to me because they don't actually have the vehicle. Otherwise it would be $25k over list if they had it in their inventory. Ridiculous is right.

Spoke to Dealer #3 and was told that the Heads-Up Display is a "constrained item" and if I want that on my build, it won't be available until August 2019 at the earliest. Has anyone else heard anything like this?
Old 09-19-2018, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Thanks guys. I will check with some out of state dealers tomorrow. California dealers are probably just used to charging whatever they want. The dealer who wanted to charge me $10k over MSRP told me that the $10k over list is a favor to me because they don't actually have the vehicle. Otherwise it would be $25k over list if they had it in their inventory. Ridiculous is right.

Spoke to Dealer #3 and was told that the Heads-Up Display is a "constrained item" and if I want that on my build, it won't be available until August 2019 at the earliest. Has anyone else heard anything like this?
1) The dealer who got me the November build slot with no deposit is in San Jose. Northern California may be the most convenient "out of state" place to look .
2) The DOG says Head-Up display is limited availability. I didn't include it in my build so I never saw the specifics but I can believe it.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
I have 9 orders in..all discounted well.. I never even contemplated asking anyone for msrp... unless a wagon, but now Im discounting that lol

I do have a changeable one still (be warned anything built now will not be able to get HUD easily unless its already on)
Old 09-19-2018, 10:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
E63S Wagon
I ordered a 2019 E63S Wagon in April 2018 and got 5% off MSRP in Texas. Now just waiting, waiting, waiting.....
Old 09-19-2018, 10:13 AM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
I guess the HUD was supply constrained enough for them to break it out of the Premium pack (which comes with most orders) so that the entire production year wouldn't be delayed into next year.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Carac
I guess the HUD was supply constrained enough for them to break it out of the Premium pack (which comes with most orders) so that the entire production year wouldn't be delayed into next year.
yea its been a pain..

Old 09-19-2018, 10:21 AM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
E63 AMG Estate
I got the same message in the UK. From Sept, all orders to be delayed until Feb as a minimum due to HUD but dealer would not confirm a date and actually said in a whisper that Feb was unlikely and more like April!

How on earth can this be such an issue for a company the size and quality of Mercedes?
Old 09-19-2018, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 E63S AMG
Just-in-time supply systems.

Or in this case it seems not-in-time. Boeing just went through the same issue with a part for their jet engines that held up deliveries for the whole aircraft.

Manufacturers these days don't keep a lot of inventory of parts. Saves them money and improves their cash management and also they don't end up with as much unusable stock when a design change is required.

But when one vendor has an issue, say a semi-conductor factory in Asia has a fire or something, the unavailability of a single microprocessor or peripheral interface chip can halt the production of the heads-up display unit, which in turn screws up the whole car delivery.

According to the factory tour, Mercedes does use a high percentage of German parts and sub assemblies, but there wasn't any break down about how much foreign content each vendor's sub assembly uses.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q7
A SA told me that MB is completely changing the HUD and switching manufacturers. That is the cause of the delay.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:24 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2013 GL550
Originally Posted by BLee80
A SA told me that MB is completely changing the HUD and switching manufacturers. That is the cause of the delay.
What? So half the MY2019 has one type and half has another?
Old 09-19-2018, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Q7
I assume yes. Sounds like they used whatever stock they had left and have to wait for the new units to come in. Kinda makes sense to me given the long delay. A supply chain issue shouldn't delay 6+ months
Old 09-19-2018, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

not true
The following users liked this post:
X166 (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 02:56 PM

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Hello everyone,

I am in Canada, where there are less dealers and less inventory to begin with; and I received 3% off MSRP in about 5 minutes of negotiation, on a custom order. I put down a fully refundable deposit of $2000. GO to another dealer; and there is a lot of help here on the forums, if you are not sure where to go.

Last edited by s26singh; 09-19-2018 at 02:59 PM.
GreenFox (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 03:32 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
4%-5% is fair. Be careful with deposits ( look what happened at Champions Porsche ) it may give ideas to some SA. $2.500 refundable deposit should be ok and I take non-refundable if the order is very very weird.
GreenFox (09-19-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 E63s Custom Order -- Any discount off MSRP?