Exchange of wheels in GTA (Toronto)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E63S
Exchange of wheels in GTA (Toronto)

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, owned multiple M cars and Porsches in the past, but AMG is a first for me. Great blend of everything, and lack of a focus on the driver from BMW lately is what brought me here (owned the F80 M3 which was average as a sports car, and drove the new M5 and came away disappointed with the lack of involvement particularly with the engine and transmission being too smooth boring in character), the E63S feels more involving and dramatic than the M5 to drive, plus the interior is quite nice to be in. Will post pictures in the future.

I have the upgraded 20" silver/gunmetal wheels that come with the AMG Driver's package. Was wondering if anyone around Toronto was interested in swapping their matte black with my silver ones plus cash. I have an all black car with tinted windows and would prefer the black wheels. Figured there has to be someone that regretted getting the black wheels out there. Lol

Looking forward to spending more time on these forums.

Mods: tinted windows, 15mm front/12mm rear spacers, and thankfully came mounted on PS4S
Old 09-19-2018, 10:08 PM

2018 E63S
Also, is it possible to retrofit Mercedes Me in Canada? I see it's available for MY2019 cars onwards, anything we can do with MY2018 cars? The remote car starter function is quite handy.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 665 Likes on 513 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
As for alternative choice, you can have them painted or powder coated. There are many wheel shops in Toronto can do this job.

btw, the funny thing about our E63, I have owned mine for nearly 1 yr now and I have only seen 1 E63S (sedan only) in Toronto thus far (based on my daily drive throughout Northern part of the GTA)
Old 09-21-2018, 12:35 PM

2018 E63S
Originally Posted by bobblehead
As for alternative choice, you can have them painted or powder coated. There are many wheel shops in Toronto can do this job.

btw, the funny thing about our E63, I have owned mine for nearly 1 yr now and I have only seen 1 E63S (sedan only) in Toronto thus far (based on my daily drive throughout Northern part of the GTA)

I live close to Yorkville and I'd say on a Friday to Sunday if you sit outside you'll see a few every day. Thanks for the suggestion. Do you think it's possible to do a high quality job and leave the "AMG" portion as well as the wheel lip in silver? Not sure how well this can be done so it looks OEM.

Also, I notice most are using WinterSport3Ds on this car, anyone use a slightly different size to fit Alpin PA4s? I've had 3D Sports before I don't want them again although they are not necessarily a bad tire.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

For painting or powdercoating the wheels, if you discuss what you want to be done with the shop, then I think it's achievable.

Many Porsche guys (some being picky) have good results from this shop (Weston / Hwy 7).
http://www.wheeltek.ca/

As for winter tires, I have Conti Wintercontact 850P. 19" square setup. I chose this over Michelin PA4 being the Conti have a more favorable rating from various European testers done. Anyway, there should be a 860S and PA5 due out this winter in Canada, I believe.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:22 PM

2018 E63S
For painting or powdercoating the wheels, if you discuss what you want to be done with the shop, then I think it's achievable.

Many Porsche guys (some being picky) have good results from this shop (Weston / Hwy 7).
http://www.wheeltek.ca/

As for winter tires, I have Conti Wintercontact 850P. 19" square setup. I chose this over Michelin PA4 being the Conti have a more favorable rating from various European testers done. Anyway, there should be a 860S and PA5 due out this winter in Canada, I believe.
Thanks, I've located a shop or two that can definitely reproduce a completely OEM look. Should be a cinch. Problem is I don't have a second set of wheels and tires to do this. PA5s look great, best winter tire I bet.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am assuming you are buying a new set of winter wheel for your winter tires. If so, then you can do the powdercoating/painting of OEM summer wheels when you have your winter set on the car.

Lots of choices now (from cheapy replicas to the sky's the limit) for wheels. Last year was a nightmare to look for wheels as the offset was difficult to find for aftermarket ones (eventually, I had to get factory oem wheels .. $$$)
Old 09-21-2018, 02:31 PM

2018 E63S
I am assuming you are buying a new set of winter wheel for your winter tires. If so, then you can do the powdercoating/painting of OEM summer wheels when you have your winter set on the car.

Lots of choices now (from cheapy replicas to the sky's the limit) for wheels. Last year was a nightmare to look for wheels as the offset was difficult to find for aftermarket ones (eventually, I had to get factory oem wheels .. $$$)
Yes, shocked at the OEM prices of these wheels. I'd buy a set off someone, but doubtful I'd pay more than 3-4k for a set of OEM black wheels if someone was offering them.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I did not pay the Cdn MSRP for the 19" OEM wheels. I got 35% off the msrp .. I recalled they were listing for around $900 Cdn. Corporate owned MB stores in GTA will NOT discount them so I ended up buying them from Performance MB (St. Catherine) as the Parts Mgr was kind enough to offer me that kind of discount. He also gave me discount on tpms as well, around 20%
Old 09-21-2018, 02:41 PM

2018 E63S
I did not pay the Cdn MSRP for the 19" OEM wheels. I got 35% off the msrp .. I recalled they were listing for around $900 Cdn. Corporate owned MB stores in GTA will NOT discount them so I ended up buying them from Performance MB (St. Catherine) as the Parts Mgr was kind enough to offer me that kind of discount. He also gave me discount on tpms as well, around 20%
Are you serious???? Can you give me the contact? I will drive over there and buy them myself at that cost. You can PM me. I would be very appreciative!!

Old 09-21-2018, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Justin Davidson <justin.davidson@performance.ca>

https://www.mercedes-benz-performanc...bout-us/staff/

In the end, I drove over there and picked up all 4 wheels and tpms ... spent about $40 - $45 in gas in total (Toronto to there and back). He also gave me 3 jugs of washer fluid and mb lanyard for the heck of it.

... the next best discount was offered by MB Barrie at around 30% off MSRP ... at that time. I was dealing with the Parts Mgr too. But he cannot match Performance MB's discount, even though it's only 5% more.

Last edited by bobblehead; 09-21-2018 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:54 PM

2018 E63S
I think you may be confusing wheels. They’re about $12k for a set of 4. Still comes to $8k with 35% off. That does not even include the centre caps which are almost $2k for 4.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bmsf
I think you may be confusing wheels. They’re about $12k for a set of 4. Still comes to $8k with 35% off. That does not even include the centre caps which are almost $2k for 4.
Sorry ... I am just referring to my 19" winter OEM wheels. they are not forged btw.