C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Weistec is bunch of idiots.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 11:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63
Weistec is bunch of idiots.

Bought some idler pulleys for my c63 since the stock ones where on there way out. What they send me doesn’t look like what I ordered in the photo. They send me as it seems a supercharger pulley setup, which would need the supercharger belt, so that it can wrap fully around the two pulleys that where clearly larger. I call and voice my issue and speak to josh and he was a stand up guy who said he would issue me a full refund and have Cory call me. Anyways no call from Cory. So I call back. I get Cory on the phone and he puts me on hold for 5 mins because he clearly doesn’t know what he’s selling. Comes back on the phone and tells that it’s universal setup and a can be run both n/a and f/i... I’m sorry but that’s not how you do things. The right way is to sell a kit for supercharger and n/a application. On top of it they want to charge me an 18% restocking fee for an UNOPENED bag of pulleys... couldn’t be more disappointed with a company response. I can see if I opened the bag. Will never buy from this company again. Should of bought from VRP or UPD... crazy how these companies are now a days... if I look into supercharging my M156 it will definitely not be with them.
The following users liked this post:
sinape62 (09-22-2018)
Old 09-22-2018, 12:48 PM

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts
2013 C63 AMG Sedan
Damn, That sux man, I remember when his started happening in the VW scene a few years back. You should definitely hit up Shardul. I got his set last year just for maintenance, cuoldn't be happier

Good luck
Old 09-22-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 c63
Cool Story Bro
Old 09-22-2018, 04:20 PM

C63
Originally Posted by kavik
Cool Story Bro
hey man! Thanks! Just trying to warn people so they won’t have a similar issue
Old 09-22-2018, 04:36 PM

C63
Originally Posted by LSAMG
Damn, That sux man, I remember when his started happening in the VW scene a few years back. You should definitely hit up Shardul. I got his set last year just for maintenance, cuoldn't be happier

Good luck
from the site they look way different. Not much I can do now since I bought new plastic ones 🙄 just trying give people a heads up before they order these and run into the same issue I had. Sad such a big face in amg world cuts corners to safe money... it honestly doesn’t cost much more to provide N/a pulleys... as you can see from the photos. 3 out 5 pulleys can be used with stock belt. 2 (right side of photo) are way to thick for stock belt. I ordered because I thought I was getting what was advertised. Clearly that’s not the case.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
First time poster opinions really carry a lot of weight with me.

Love my idler pulleys. And it doesn’t matter if you’re SC or not, they’re the same.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:18 PM

C63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
First time poster opinions really carry a lot of weight with me.

Love my idler pulleys. And it doesn’t matter if you’re SC or not, they’re the same.
thanks Jim 👍🏻👋🏻 This is my second 63. Original account was petakii63. Anyways besides the fact that you haven’t changed with your comments. Please don’t say they are the same, when two of the pulleys are clearly larger and if you put a stock belt made for oem pulleys, the potential for slip is much higher. On top of that why would you want to run larger pulleys if not necessary? Do you have a green Napa belt or invisible supercharger? Whether you agree or not is you opinion and your entitled to what you think. As am Entitled to mine. The ones from UPD and VRP are exactly oem spec. Weistec is not. What Weistec sell is not what they advertise picture wise. they sell a product for universal product for multiple applications. Anyways not gonna argue just wanted to show people what they are actually ordering and how Weistec approach to business is just wrong when a product is unopened.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Not arguing man, and you should have said it was you. First time poster opinions around here are almost always troll postings as you well know. Whether you like my commenting style or not, you can’t possibly disagree with my taking a seemingly first time poster rant with more than a little suspicion.

What I was saying is that I believe the pulleys should be no different. They should be exactly the same whether you have a SC or not.

I’m just wondering exactly what it is that you’ve been sent?
Old 09-22-2018, 06:50 PM

C63
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Not arguing man, and you should have said it was you. First time poster opinions around here are almost always troll postings as you well know. Whether you like my commenting style or not, you can’t possibly disagree with my taking a seemingly first time poster rant with more than a little suspicion.

What I was saying is that I believe the pulleys should be no different. They should be exactly the same whether you have a SC or not.

I’m just wondering exactly what it is that you’ve been sent?
no they aren’t. Just because they may work doesn’t mean it’s right man. They offer a universal setup that’s meant to be run with a green Napa belt for F/I. Besides the fact the picture is not what you get LOL. That’s the funny part. It’s an original 2012 pic... all they did was jack up the price from 399 to 550... this is besides the fact. The fact is they have people there that sound like 18 year old kids that probably never put air in the tire. The only one that was considerate was josh on the full refund. Cory on the other hand I can’t say the same. He’s very unknowledgable. Just wanted to let people know my frustration on getting a refund on an original unopened package without an 18% bogus restocking fee... times must be tough... thank god there are more supercharger options and I don’t have to put nitrous in again. Ess blower will be going in for New Years.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 126 Likes on 96 Posts
2010 C63 2019 GLA45
For $550, you can replace the idlers with OEM Mercedes twice.
They're probably safe to 60k miles and if the OEM lasts to 60 as well, you get to 180 K miles.
If you sell the car before that time, maybe you only buy replacements once.
Besides, I thought at least one of them was revised.
I chose to go with OEM in my car and replaced the tensioner and pulley too.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
2008 Mercedes Benz E63
Some of their business practices are not great it seems. I was sent the wrong pulley which was corrected and not a big deal, but when it came to a refund for one of the incorrect pulleys, I was told I would have a "credit" in their system. A year or so passed and I called them to order a bearing. When I inquired about my credit, they said they had no record of any credit which did not really surprise me. Looking back on it, I should have pursued it more then I did.

On the other hand I have a client who had me install a set of Dinan sway bars on his M5. They sent an incorrect bushing that made the client have to setup a return appointment and have rework done. Not only did they over night the part, they paid my shop an hour and half labor to reinstall the correct bushing. The was a good experience for myself as well as my client. Hopefully Weistec is listening to their client's concerns.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:43 PM

C63
Originally Posted by layzie12g
Some of their business practices are not great it seems. I was sent the wrong pulley which was corrected and not a big deal, but when it came to a refund for one of the incorrect pulleys, I was told I would have a "credit" in their system. A year or so passed and I called them to order a bearing. When I inquired about my credit, they said they had no record of any credit which did not really surprise me. Looking back on it, I should have pursued it more then I did.

On the other hand I have a client who had me install a set of Dinan sway bars on his M5. They sent an incorrect bushing that made the client have to setup a return appointment and have rework done. Not only did they over night the part, they paid my shop an hour and half labor to reinstall the correct bushing. The was a good experience for myself as well as my client. Hopefully Weistec is listening to their client's concerns.
sadly it seems it’s quality over quantity... I remember them differently back when I dealt with them. It’s small issues like this which put a bad taste in my mouth and others. And that’s ****ty to hear about that so called credit... it’s not even about saving money. It’s the principle behind their word.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 184 Posts
10 C six trizzle
the wider pulleys have 2 sets of ball bearings in them to carry extra load. just because it doesnt look identical to stock doesnt mean you should get your panties in a waad.
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 12:46 PM

C63
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
the wider pulleys have 2 sets of ball bearings in them to carry extra load. just because it doesnt look identical to stock doesnt mean you should get your panties in a waad.
panties aren’t in a waad 👍🏻 I can see it had double bearings with the thickness. Regardless that’s not the RIGHT way to run it. With n/a application. Stop being a Weistec fanboy since you have their blower. All I was saying is that’s not right way to do things. And I don’t agree with their one way approach. You have your opinion as do I. So don’t get your panties bunched up with my opinion.