Sponsored by:

Well I finally ODB port tuned and secdary cat delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 09:59 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 C63 AMG sedan
Well I finally ODB port tuned and secdary cat delete

I finally went a head and had the ODB port tune and secondary cat delete all done by Eurocharged Canada, great experience very professional atmosphere. First initial impressions with the secondary cat delete - absolutely perfect amount of added tone, deeper, more angry, 20% overall more sound, doesn’t sound cheap raspy or anything unwanted. Mid to full throttle is where the sound really takes off, very nice deep tone with crackles and pops with lift, highly respectable sound. If your thinking about an exhaust like I was don’t! $440 and it’s all you need.

ODB tune - let me just say HOLY ****! On ramp to the highway was ridiculous, I mean ridiculous. This car is absolutely insane, sounds thrust, torque, in gobs and gobs. The turbo sounds are so intoxicating now, the up and down shifts are like explosions of pure joy.

627HP 690TQ after tune.
The following users liked this post:
jatt143 (12-29-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 10:09 PM

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by ScottsC63
I finally went a head and had the ODB port tune and secondary cat delete all done by Eurocharged Canada, great experience very professional atmosphere. First initial impressions with the secondary cat delete - absolutely perfect amount of added tone, deeper, more angry, 20% overall more sound, doesn’t sound cheap raspy or anything unwanted. Mid to full throttle is where the sound really takes off, very nice deep tone with crackles and pops with lift, highly respectable sound. If your thinking about an exhaust like I was don’t! $440 and it’s all you need.

ODB tune - let me just say HOLY ****! On ramp to the highway was ridiculous, I mean ridiculous. This car is absolutely insane, sounds thrust, torque, in gobs and gobs. The turbo sounds are so intoxicating now, the up and down shifts are like explosions of pure joy.

627HP 690TQ after tune.
Nice! I got my secondary cats deleted there and it woke up the beast. With the tune, can you tell the difference throughout or only when you floor it? I've been debating for so long but was leaning towards Dinan since I would still get to keep my warranty
Old 12-28-2018, 10:17 PM

2015 C63 AMG sedan
Originally Posted by untamedd
Nice! I got my secondary cats deleted there and it woke up the beast. With the tune, can you tell the difference throughout or only when you floor it? I've been debating for so long but was leaning towards Dinan since I would still get to keep my warranty
Don’t need to floor the car or even come close to %100 throttle to notice the difference. The torque is just their all the time, the car picks up speed with so much thrust I was looking down at the speedometer in shock I still don’t believe how quick it builds.
Old 12-28-2018, 10:25 PM

2017 C63S Coupe

Don’t need to floor the car or even come close to %100 throttle to notice the difference. The torque is just their all the time, the car picks up speed with so much thrust I was looking down at the speedometer in shock I still don’t believe how quick it builds.
How much do they charge for the tune if you dont mind me asking? How long did it take? Im guessing this voids your warranty if the tune was to be blamed?
Old 12-28-2018, 10:29 PM

2015 C63 AMG sedan
How much do they charge for the tune if you dont mind me asking? How long did it take? Im guessing this voids your warranty if the tune was to be blamed?
I got a 20% discount off the tune I think I was around 2K, As for the warranty I’m guessing it would be void. Truthfully I could care less about warranty, I’ve always modded my cars.
Old 12-29-2018, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG

I got a 20% discount off the tune I think I was around 2K, As for the warranty I’m guessing it would be void. Truthfully I could care less about warranty, I’ve always modded my cars.
EC covers the warranty

Can you post a vid? Thinking about going this route...
Old 12-29-2018, 12:53 AM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Great stuff!

Would love to go for a ride if we ever end up meeting at a Mercedes meet in Toronto!
Old 12-29-2018, 09:45 AM

2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by skim7x
EC covers the warranty

Can you post a vid? Thinking about going this route...
are you sure about that? I was talking about tunes with them when i went to get my secondary cats deleted and they never said anything like they would cover it.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
are you sure about that? I was talking about tunes with them when i went to get my secondary cats deleted and they never said anything like they would cover it.
"Eurocharged products purchased and installed by a certified Eurocharged dealer are covered for labor and consequential damage by a 2-year/20,000-mile warranty that runs concurrently with the standard factory warranty."

http://www.eurocharged.com/company/returns-warranty
The following users liked this post:
untamedd (12-29-2018)
Old 12-29-2018, 02:32 PM

Received 91 Likes on 68 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by skim7x
"Eurocharged products purchased and installed by a certified Eurocharged dealer are covered for labor and consequential damage by a 2-year/20,000-mile warranty that runs concurrently with the standard factory warranty."

http://www.eurocharged.com/company/returns-warranty
The part you quoted is the warranty for actual parts bought from them, not ECU tuning. That warranty is listed further down on the page....

Eurocharged is so confident in our tuning offerings that we will warranty any motor against internal parts damage due to issues directly related to our software. Upon issue, we will require all parts be inspected by an approved dealer for analysis.
  • Products must be purchased directly through an authorized Eurocharged dealership in the US or Canada and not by a previous owner or third party.
  • Coverage is for 2-years or 20,000 miles from the original in-service date.
  • Motor coverage is limited to $50,000.
  • Valid maintenance records will be required.
  • Problem parts including the ecu(s) may need to be shipped to Houston for diagnosis and repair. If the issue is deemed to be as a result of our tuning, we will reimburse for all shipping charges. If any parts are missing, we may deny the claim.
  • Warranty claim may be denied if determined that another tuner's software was installed on the vehicle at any given time.
  • Receipt required for Eurocharged software purchase
Old 12-29-2018, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Thx
Old 12-29-2018, 05:54 PM
KJ

2020 GLE 53 AMG
"Coverage is for 2-years or 20,000 miles from the original in-service date." is key.

So for the first 2-years 20K miles, you're golden. After that, you're on your own for the last 2-years/30K miles of the warranty!
Old 12-29-2018, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Gotta pay to play. But 2 years better than nothing.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63S Sedan
Congrats to your new found power, I have a question, is the 627hp the wheel horsepower? I had my stage I tune with Eurocharged Canada located in North York, and the Dynojet shows me 552whp, with 16% transmission loss, that’s 657hp at the engine....

and btw, I think I got ripped off by them, they told me they don’t have OBD tuning option so I had to pay them $400+ For labour. My car was tuned at the end of the last November.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:47 AM
KJ

2020 GLE 53 AMG
Originally Posted by g2lujinn
btw, I think I got ripped off by them, they told me they don’t have OBD tuning option so I had to pay them $400+ For labour. My car was tuned at the end of the last November.
OBD tuning only became an option in the last month or so.

How are you liking the tune so far?
Old 01-23-2019, 01:46 PM

2017 C63S Coupe

627HP 690TQ after tune.
did you by any chance drive the car in the current snow/slush that we got? Im assuming driving it in the winter with a tune wouldnt be recommended since winter tires would be even less wider than the stocks?
Old 01-24-2019, 01:34 AM
KJ

2020 GLE 53 AMG
did you by any chance drive the car in the current snow/slush that we got? Im assuming driving it in the winter with a tune wouldnt be recommended since winter tires would be even less wider than the stocks?
Unless you get these bad boys on the back!