Sponsored by:

Options on new C63S thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16 Corvette (for now)
Options on new C63S thoughts

I'm in the process of decieding what I wanna order on a new C63s. In the build process I kind of want the driver assistance package but its gotta have Command navigation which i don't want to go with it. Is this worth all the added cost to anyone that has it? Assistance package looks cool but likely just something to toy with occasionally.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
It works extremely well, and is probably the best auto drive system to date IMO. On.nice, long trips it is almost invaluable. Once you use it, you'll see many instances in your travels where it comes in handy. I'm particularly impressed with the lane changing feature.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A
Originally Posted by rustybear3
It works extremely well, and is probably the best auto drive system to date IMO. On.nice, long trips it is almost invaluable. Once you use it, you'll see many instances in your travels where it comes in handy. I'm particularly impressed with the lane changing feature.
agree. I use it a lot with my traffic heavy commute. I have never had it with any of my previous vehicles, so can’t compare, but I really like it.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:10 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
You get the touchpad and the new ntg 5.5 system for multimedia is the same as in the s class. Much improved voice control. The drivers assistance is Mercs version of teslas autopilot. Its a great system for use in traffic and long commutes. I liked the old distronic and excited to try this new one.. My dad has it on his s63 and says it's awesome. Get he upgraded wheels if you aren't getting aftermarket ones.. they have a bigger contact patch and provide better traction than stock as a result. I also found the performance seats more comfortable but that is personal preference. It seems like if you want more cushion go for the stock sets and if you want more lateral support and a deeper seat that hugs you then go for the performance seats... Digital cluster is a must imo and the Heads up display is great but if you wear polarized sun glasses you aren't going to see it.

Night package, Aero and carbon fiber packages are a must for me but that is personal preference and no one knows for sure if you combine both exterior Carbon fiber packages and aero what pieces come carbon fiber and what come black.. The consensus from research and an amg tech that explains dealers new features on new amgs reported that the aero spoiler comes in CF and the side skirts, front aero lip and rear add on diffuser come in black. The stock front and rear diffusers will still be carbon fiber but since the side skirt inserts are black and not carbon fiber like in the $2950 CF2 package you are supposedly going to get a credit for an undisclosed amount. I won't know for sure until the car is delivered hopefully in a month.. it's waiting for a boat as it was built on the 11th.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,674 Likes on 2,454 Posts
2019 C63CS
Yes, it's worth it IMO. The COMAND system is more than just navigation. As for the drivers assistance package, that was a must for me. I ruled out the M4 quickly for not having any of this. My current car ('13 RS5) has adaptive cruise control and it's the first time I had such a system. I use it all the time in traffic and on long road trips. It has made a huge difference in reducing driver fatigue on long drives and made traffic more bearable, but my current system is not capable of stopping and starting the car in heavy traffic, it disengages below 19 mph, so I'm looking forward to the more advanced system in the Benz and the addition of auto steering.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:18 PM

16 Corvette (for now)
Thanks for all the help. Guess I will plan on getting those 2 items after all. Sounds like its a big help to have in the end. Also don't wanna end up with any what if's in the end just to save a couple thousand bucks i guess.

Also, purplewidow, def. getting the upgraded black wheel option in 19 & 20 and the CF package. That is a must. Now I'm only down to Designo black or the shiny grey color. I read good things about the durability of the Designo paints so far tho.
I'll be coming from a C7 Corvette that is currently my fun car.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
If you scratch the matte paint or chip it be prepared for high costs.. if you want it to match they recommend getting half the car painted. It’s the same paint the finish is just matte instead of a clear coat. You gotta really be in love with the matte colors to want one. Paint imperfections show really bad on a darker matte color.. I saw a few different matte cars in the showroom and the chips were showing and the front of one with 22k miles on it and the front was already repainted once. Did a good job but I spotted the masking tape left over.

Which cf packages were you looking at? Both? Are you getting aero?
The following users liked this post:
speed4tu (02-18-2019)
Old 02-18-2019, 03:43 AM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
I believe Designo Graphite is satin not matte.
One is flat the other has metallic particles.
Old 02-18-2019, 01:43 PM

16 Corvette (for now)
Originally Posted by purplewidow
If you scratch the matte paint or chip it be prepared for high costs.. if you want it to match they recommend getting half the car painted. It’s the same paint the finish is just matte instead of a clear coat. You gotta really be in love with the matte colors to want one. Paint imperfections show really bad on a darker matte color.. I saw a few different matte cars in the showroom and the chips were showing and the front of one with 22k miles on it and the front was already repainted once. Did a good job but I spotted the masking tape left over.

Which cf packages were you looking at? Both? Are you getting aero?
Thanks, I am still not 100% sold on the Designo paints, i'm sure it would be a disaster to repair any damages on it. I will go with the Carbon inside and carbon steering wheel. Not sure on the aero pieces, may wait and go aftermarket with a front splitter.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:05 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Originally Posted by speed4tu
Thanks, I am still not 100% sold on the Designo paints, i'm sure it would be a disaster to repair any damages on it. I will go with the Carbon inside and carbon steering wheel. Not sure on the aero pieces, may wait and go aftermarket with a front splitter.
For answers regarding Magno paints coming from an AMG GT-R - Green Hell Magno owner:

​​https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...osts-care.html

Last edited by Carlo Cc; 02-18-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:21 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2015 S550
I just received my 2019 C63s last week. My must haves on my sedan were Polar white color, black rims, night package, pano roof, 12 inch cluster. My car was going to take too long to get so they found one that had all the options I wanted plus a few more. I wound up spending about $4k more. The extra options were drivers asst, multimedia, and heads up. To be honest, I love all these extras and am now glad I have them. I didn't think I would like the heads up as much as I do, but I really like it as you can customize it.
jj18 (07-19-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 11:04 AM

16 Corvette (for now)
Originally Posted by dpm7471
I just received my 2019 C63s last week. My must haves on my sedan were Polar white color, black rims, night package, pano roof, 12 inch cluster. My car was going to take too long to get so they found one that had all the options I wanted plus a few more. I wound up spending about $4k more. The extra options were drivers asst, multimedia, and heads up. To be honest, I love all these extras and am now glad I have them. I didn't think I would like the heads up as much as I do, but I really like it as you can customize it.
Thanks for the info, I have one saved in the build section of MB website now with most all options. Don't have the heads up display selected tho. I have one in my current car and find it more of a novelty than useful. At most times I have the speed in 3 spots right in front of me. lol
I'm going with the drivers assist after all the multimedia. Now I'm only down to magno paint or no. That is the question.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:22 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
2015 S550
I heard the same thing about the matte colors...very difficult to maintain. My dealership strongly suggested that I do not consider a matte finish. It shows every imperfection and hard to fix imperfections.
jj18 (07-19-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 10:49 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
Fav Photos of Designo Graphite Grey Magno

speed4tu (02-25-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 02:00 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S, 2004 S4, 2001 S4 Avant
Originally Posted by speed4tu
Thanks for the info, I have one saved in the build section of MB website now with most all options. Don't have the heads up display selected tho. I have one in my current car and find it more of a novelty than useful. At most times I have the speed in 3 spots right in front of me. lol
I'm going with the drivers assist after all the multimedia. Now I'm only down to magno paint or no. That is the question.
So I am debating on my build, and have a September slot for a 2020 so I have time. Right now I am only going with the following options:
DA4 Exterior Lighting Package: LED Intelligent Light System
DC4 Exterior Carbon Fiber Package: AMG Exterior Mirror Housings (U93 AMG Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler B28 AMG Carbon Fiber Exterior Mirror Covers)
DE7 AMG Exterior Carbon Fiber Package II: A-Wing, Side Sill Inserts (773 AMG Carbon Fiber Package II )
B26 AMG Aerodynamics Package
H73 AMG Carbon Fiber Trim
L6G AMG Performance Steering Wheel in DINAMICA
555 AMG Performance Seats
401 Heated & Ventilated Front Seats (yes, I want it, I get swamp butt)
897 Inductive Wireless Charging & NFC Pairing

I am not interested in Multimedia Package as I always just run GoogleMaps if I need Nav (really, even if I use the vehicle nav, I use the phone nav to double check). I would not mind the Driver Assistance Package, but I personally have no use as this will essentially be a summer car for fun. My question is if I do not get these packages, will it make it difficult to sell later (like getting a 2WD SUV in Illinois)
Old 07-16-2019, 04:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 581 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
If you get magno, you have to PPF the entire car to protect it.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe
I just received my 19 C63S and have the ventilated seats with the performance seats. TBH they don’t seem to deliver much in the way of ventilation as far as I can tell. Certainly not as much as the previous seats I had in my Porsche. Those worked really well.

I got most options and since you are seeking some knowledge would suggest adding HUD and the digital gauge cluster. Good call on the B26 aero package - really makes the car look aggressive. Finally, I got the carbon/Dinamica steering wheel. It’s art. Highly recommend.

Good luck. The wait is worth it.

Mine:

Old 07-18-2019, 01:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c450
I would recommend addimg digital cluster and ambiend lighting. Overall the spec looks really nice.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:40 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by Spazdoc
So I am debating on my build, and have a September slot for a 2020 so I have time. Right now I am only going with the following options:
DC4 Exterior Carbon Fiber Package: AMG Exterior Mirror Housings (U93 AMG Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler B28 AMG Carbon Fiber Exterior Mirror Covers)
DE7 AMG Exterior Carbon Fiber Package II: A-Wing, Side Sill Inserts (773 AMG Carbon Fiber Package II )

I am not interested in Multimedia Package as I always just run GoogleMaps if I need Nav (really, even if I use the vehicle nav, I use the phone nav to double check). I would not mind the Driver Assistance Package, but I personally have no use as this will essentially be a summer car for fun. My question is if I do not get these packages, will it make it difficult to sell later (like getting a 2WD SUV in Illinois)
- I also recommend the Digital Instrument Cluster, it provides a lot of customization with different modes to choose from. For example, even with Android Auto you can get the next turn directions on the Digital Display (when you choose Nav as one of the displays). I'm not entirely sure if you get this option if you don't have Digital Instrument Cluster option.
- Get the pre-wiring for the SD Card Nav (much lower priced option) even if you don't get the Multimedia package. You should be easily able to purchase the Nav SD card in ebay for less than $60 usually from a reputable seller.
- Multimedia package also contains the touchpad and the AMG Track Pace app. My 2019 C63S doesn't have this package. Personally, I don't really miss this (the SD Card nav has been great and I usually use Android Auto anyways), but be aware of the differences.
- Depending on the car exterior color, you might also want to consider adding the AMG Night package.

BTW I believe Ambient lighting option is standard in MY2020 C63S? If not, definitely also recommend adding that.

Last edited by Tuxdude; 07-18-2019 at 01:44 AM.
Old 07-19-2019, 11:35 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 BMW M5

A little off topic. When is your car going to be delivered? I have one ordered that's supposed to be delivered in October. I'm 90% sure my salesman said it's a September build. But he wouldn't let me change the order 2 weeks ago. Said MB already locked it down. Maybe he just didn't want to do extra work...
jj18 (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by gpdriver177
A little off topic. When is your car going to be delivered? I have one ordered that's supposed to be delivered in October. I'm 90% sure my salesman said it's a September build. But he wouldn't let me change the order 2 weeks ago. Said MB already locked it down. Maybe he just didn't want to do extra work...
I will ask, but I locked this down 2 days ago when I pre-traded in my W204. He made it sound like I can still change it up until the build date, but wanted to be sure to at least get my must haves in early in case options change.

My salesman is pretty easy going, especially since it is my second C63 from the same dealer and a couple frieds of mine have bought from the same salesman, so I don't the feeling that he does not want to do any extra paperwork.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:27 PM

2019 BMW M5
I will ask, but I locked this down 2 days ago when I pre-traded in my W204. He made it sound like I can still change it up until the build date, but wanted to be sure to at least get my must haves in early in case options change.

My salesman is pretty easy going, especially since it is my second C63 from the same dealer and a couple frieds of mine have bought from the same salesman, so I don't the feeling that he does not want to do any extra paperwork.
Mine said as soon as they even begin planning the car (getting the required materials), it's 100% locked. Apparently this happens a month or more before they build it.
Old 07-19-2019, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tuxdude
- I also recommend the Digital Instrument Cluster, it provides a lot of customization with different modes to choose from. For example, even with Android Auto you can get the next turn directions on the Digital Display (when you choose Nav as one of the displays). I'm not entirely sure if you get this option if you don't have Digital Instrument Cluster option.
- Get the pre-wiring for the SD Card Nav (much lower priced option) even if you don't get the Multimedia package. You should be easily able to purchase the Nav SD card in ebay for less than $60 usually from a reputable seller.
BTW I believe Ambient lighting option is standard in MY2020 C63S? If not, definitely also recommend adding that.
Lighting is standard on 2020, and the only other difference is an improved security system.

I was debating on those two options as well. I decided against the Digital instrument cluster only because I like the real gauges with CF inserts. Also, my salesman was a little pessimistic about adding the SD card nav, since I admitted that I do not use the vehicle nav on my cars and instead use the google maps. But good recs.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:13 PM

2019 BMW M5
Lighting is standard on 2020, and the only other difference is an improved security system.

I was debating on those two options as well. I decided against the Digital instrument cluster only because I like the real gauges with CF inserts. Also, my salesman was a little pessimistic about adding the SD card nav, since I admitted that I do not use the vehicle nav on my cars and instead use the google maps. But good recs.
Also don't forget the default wheels on the face-lifted C63's are different.
Old 07-19-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by gpdriver177
Also don't forget the default wheels on the face-lifted C63's are different.
So standard wheels are the 5 spoke (my favorites). What were the basic coupe wheels pre facelift?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Options on new C63S thoughts