ML63 AMG (W166) 2011 -2015 (Replaced by GLE63)

Interior Trim Damage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 07:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
N/A
Interior Trim Damage

So last week I took my car to the dealer for service and recall work. I also provided a list of issues that hoped would be covered under CPO, which none were. I pick up the car today and open the door and my eyes are immediately drawn to a huge gouge in the center console. I then notice the driver side door trim appeared to have several gouges and a crack running half way down the trim piece. Of course internal alarm bells start ringing so i further inspect the interior and notice the passenger side door trim with a similar crack. I immediately flag down the SA, show him the damage, and ask what happened. Before looking he immediately states we didn't do it and it must have been like that. I object and say of course not and so I realize this is going nowhere fast. I ask to see the manager who comes out and tells me they did not cause the damage and they would not be paying for or fixing anything. The manager states he has seen this happen to the trim pieces all the timesees this all the time. So I'm thinking where is the TSB. I then offered a few pleasantries and departed.

So, anybody have any idea where i can get these trim pieces and what they cost? I was also thinking of maybe wrapping the trim if i have to.

The following users liked this post:
One_fast_ML63 (04-16-2022)
Old 02-21-2019, 01:11 AM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Those trim pieces crack easily, either from slamming the door too hard or just from the weather. All 4 of mine cracked in several places and were replaced under warranty. The SA said they see it all the time. Here's a link to get a replacement:

Trim pieces

Use the part number and search online for the cheapest prices.
Old 02-22-2019, 01:34 AM

N/A
Thanks for the link.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 GLC63 and 2018 Jeep Trackhawk
I have this same issue with my drivers door trim panel. same stress crack. Will this be replaced for out of warranty vehicles through the dealer? or mus the car be in warranty still? I do have an extended warranty.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:50 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Originally Posted by scottiekay
I have this same issue with my drivers door trim panel. same stress crack. Will this be replaced for out of warranty vehicles through the dealer? or mus the car be in warranty still? I do have an extended warranty.
I'm not sure if the extended warranty will cover this defect. Call the dealer to find out. Mine was covered under the original 4 yrs/50K mile warranty. Speak of the devil, I just noticed one trim has cracked again (was replaced several months ago). Thank goodness I'm still under the 4 yrs/50k warranty.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 213 Likes on 168 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
If you wrap it it will still be visible and a line and look still like a crack.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:52 AM

N/A
I was afraid of that.
Old 01-01-2021, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML63 AMG
Don’t push open door by pressing on trim

Originally Posted by diamondblak05
Those trim pieces crack easily, either from slamming the door too hard or just from the weather. All 4 of mine cracked in several places and were replaced under warranty. The SA said they see it all the time. Here's a link to get a replacement:

Trim pieces

Use the part number and search online for the cheapest prices.
Cracks from pressing on door trim when exiting vehicle