E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

e213 firmware update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 06:52 PM

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
E300
e213 firmware update

My 2017 e213 was in for service recently and the dealer updated the firmware. So far, I’ve noticed a couple of significant changes. During navigation, when you zoom in on your route, it reverts back to a medium zoom level after about 10 seconds. Previously, it remained at the zoom level you set (which I much prefer). . As you approach a turn, it automatically zooms in, which didn’t used to happen. When the radio screen is visible, there is a slider on the screen and a pause control (2 short parallel vertical lines) which are new. Since there is no touch screen, I can’t figure out what these are for. I tried all the possible control knobs to see if they worked the slider and pause control but they don’t. There may be more changes which I haven’t noticed yet. Can anyone add information on these updates and any I haven’t mentioned? Keep hoping that a firmware update will include a navigation list view so you can see what route the car is taking you on, but no luck so far.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:39 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213
Originally Posted by Tiburonsteve
My 2017 e213 was in for service recently and the dealer updated the firmware. So far, I’ve noticed a couple of significant changes. During navigation, when you zoom in on your route, it reverts back to a medium zoom level after about 10 seconds. Previously, it remained at the zoom level you set (which I much prefer). . As you approach a turn, it automatically zooms in, which didn’t used to happen. When the radio screen is visible, there is a slider on the screen and a pause control (2 short parallel vertical lines) which are new. Since there is no touch screen, I can’t figure out what these are for. I tried all the possible control knobs to see if they worked the slider and pause control but they don’t. There may be more changes which I haven’t noticed yet. Can anyone add information on these updates and any I haven’t mentioned? Keep hoping that a firmware update will include a navigation list view so you can see what route the car is taking you on, but no luck so far.
Have you tried turning the auto zoom off if you prefer to manually zoom?
Old 02-21-2019, 01:15 AM

E300
I didn’t know you could turn auto zoom off. How do you do it?

Another new thimg after the firmware update: when navigating by voice command, assume you say “navigate to 100 Market Street San Francisco”. The system responds “Market Street San Francisco” making me wonder if it’s taking me to 100 Market Street or just somewhere on Market Street. If I speak the command again—Navigate to 100 Market Street San Francisco” the system then says “100 Market Street” and you can select “start” on the navigation screen. Ive tried this multiple times and the first voice command results in only the street name, the second time it provides the name and address number. Seems like a very strange arrangement. Does anyone understand the “logic.”
Old 02-21-2019, 01:25 PM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
I have that behavior where it omits the street number all the time. Makes me a bit bewildered to say the least.
Old 12-18-2019, 08:17 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
E300
Were you able to turn off that new auto zoom feature?
Old 12-19-2019, 08:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by nycebo
I have that behavior where it omits the street number all the time. Makes me a bit bewildered to say the least.
It still takes me to the proper destination. IMO Worse case it is a voice response shortcoming, not a nav issue.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:32 PM

E300
Yes, I did figure out how to turn off auto zoom. Now if only they would fix some of the navigation system shortcomings. I’ve owned several Mercedes with different navigation systems. The thing they have in common is hiw poorly thought out and designed they are.
The following users liked this post:
Cerave (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 02:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
E300
Google maps, Waze, even Apple Maps will almost always be superior to the built-in navigation systems.
I'm thankful we even have CarPlay.

BMW recently said they will stop charging for Apple CarPlay. They were charging $80/year before lol
Old 12-22-2019, 07:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 Mercedes E450
Originally Posted by ua549
It still takes me to the proper destination.
Ever since it took me miles away from the destination I wanted because it heard the wrong house number, I always check previous destination to make sure it heard me correctly.

Another gripe is that it rarely announces the side of the street.