Sponsored by:

Grrrrrrrrr.... MercedesMe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 09:40 AM

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
TBD
Grrrrrrrrr.... MercedesMe

I know MercedesMe is a much-loved feature on this board.

I was hoping it would be more reliable in my 2019, but that seems to not be the case. Recently the success rate remote starting with MercedesMe seems to have fallen to a new low. But that's not why I'm on here venting.

Today, I got into my office, sat down, and received a notification. My car is unlocked. Hmm. Thought I touched the door and locked it, but maybe I made a mistake. I press the lock button on MercedesMe. Fail. Try it again. Fail. Again. Fail.

&*^%!k

Down the elevator, into the parking garage, down the stairs, over to my car (parked in back in a big safe spot of course).

Car is locked.

&*^%!k!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is with this app? As if it wasn't semi-useless enough already, now it is proactively inconveniencing me. Mercedes ought to be ashamed.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:11 AM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by sieglo
I know MercedesMe is a much-loved feature on this board.

I was hoping it would be more reliable in my 2019, but that seems to not be the case. Recently the success rate remote starting with MercedesMe seems to have fallen to a new low. But that's not why I'm on here venting.

Today, I got into my office, sat down, and received a notification. My car is unlocked. Hmm. Thought I touched the door and locked it, but maybe I made a mistake. I press the lock button on MercedesMe. Fail. Try it again. Fail. Again. Fail.

&*^%!k

Down the elevator, into the parking garage, down the stairs, over to my car (parked in back in a big safe spot of course).

Car is locked.

&*^%!k!!!!!!!!!!

WTF is with this app? As if it wasn't semi-useless enough already, now it is proactively inconveniencing me. Mercedes ought to be ashamed.
It seems so inconsistent from car to car. I have not had a single issue with my '19 [knock on wood]. It has remote started each time I've used that feature, it locks without fail each time. I notice you said your vehicle was in a parking garage. I wonder if there wasn't enough signal for it to properly communicate?
Old 02-21-2019, 11:50 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by GuardianVA
It seems so inconsistent from car to car. I have not had a single issue with my '19 [knock on wood]. It has remote started each time I've used that feature, it locks without fail each time. I notice you said your vehicle was in a parking garage. I wonder if there wasn't enough signal for it to properly communicate?
Same here knock on wood. When my cell reception is poor I have issues, but as long as my phone and car have good reception it's been flawless.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 C43 Sedan
I have an '18 and until the most recent update it was utter trash, half the time I couldn't get it to load and I could only interact with the car maybe half the time that it did load. Now it's been working pretty well, still pretty buggy though, like this morning after doing a remote start the car was running but the app said it's still trying to start it. It's been inconsistent since the last update on giving general car info, like if the doors are locked.

I find it really weird that the Companion app works flawlessly, and also that it exists, but thank god it does because Send to Benz has worked from that app 100% of the time, and I use it a couple times a day because I hate trying to pull up locations on the nav.

It would be better to just have remote start on my FOB.
The following users liked this post:
MBBoss18 (08-15-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 06:32 PM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
I had the same problem and called mercedesme and they sent a reset to the car and thankfully I have had good luck with the car starting.

Basically they send message to car then they ask you to start the car and let it run for a minute or so with an hour of them sending the reset.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:12 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
For the first week mine was a little buggy and then it settled down and has been flawless, 2019 C43 Sedan. One thing to remember, it's uses the mobile phone network, not Wi-fi or Bluetooth. In our building we park 2 levels below ground and cell service is marginal at best. So depending on how good the signal is will determine if the signal gets from the vehicle to the cloud to the App on your phone and also on whether the App signal gets to your vehicle. I have noticed that even when the car doesn't show signal it does manage to push through but other times no dice. I'm not sure what carrier the vehicle uses so it not necessarily the same carrier as you might use for your phone, so that adds in that one carrier might have a good signal and the other not and then no communications. Not saying the App is perfect, it's not, a little slow and I think the main server is in the Black Forest somewhere on a dial up modem line, but overall it's pretty good. The App is talking to the main server which is then talking to the vehicle so it's not a direct communications path. Then throw all the stuff in the middle and it does manage to work. I will say they need to get their act in order if this is the future and it's being rolled out to all vehicles. If they can't do this reliably then how will they do car to car and car to infrastructure etc.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
mine was great at first on my 2017, then it was down to 50% success rate. I could live with that for the amount of times I usually do it. Now it hardly ever works. I get 5 years free of this. if they think they can charge for it in the future, they are crazy.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:00 AM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
For the first week mine was a little buggy and then it settled down and has been flawless, 2019 C43 Sedan. One thing to remember, it's uses the mobile phone network, not Wi-fi or Bluetooth. In our building we park 2 levels below ground and cell service is marginal at best. So depending on how good the signal is will determine if the signal gets from the vehicle to the cloud to the App on your phone and also on whether the App signal gets to your vehicle. I have noticed that even when the car doesn't show signal it does manage to push through but other times no dice. I'm not sure what carrier the vehicle uses so it not necessarily the same carrier as you might use for your phone, so that adds in that one carrier might have a good signal and the other not and then no communications. Not saying the App is perfect, it's not, a little slow and I think the main server is in the Black Forest somewhere on a dial up modem line, but overall it's pretty good. The App is talking to the main server which is then talking to the vehicle so it's not a direct communications path. Then throw all the stuff in the middle and it does manage to work. I will say they need to get their act in order if this is the future and it's being rolled out to all vehicles. If they can't do this reliably then how will they do car to car and car to infrastructure etc.
Mercedes uses AT&T for the U.S. market. A fairly large number of manufacturers use AT&T for their remote/emergency in-car services, for whatever reason.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:58 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Probably went with low bid! Each carrier has different coverage depending where the vehicle is. Would have been great if the car could seek out the best service even if it meant changing carriers. This is easily doable today but of course would cost more but give a more reliable level of service.
Old 02-22-2019, 09:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
Mercedes just changed service with the 2019s. I had to cancel my account with MBrace because I traded in my 2016 C450 for a 2019 c43. MBrace was a pile of **** for me. I am hoping this new service company will be better.