Sponsored by:

AMG GT Roadster value?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GT Roadster
AMG GT Roadster value?

I have in my possession a 2018 AMG GT Roadster. Car has black exterior, black top, black and red leather interior. Some notable options include carbon fiber package, 20"/19" AMG wheels, 318 exclusive interior package and a couple other things that add some value (check window sticker below). Total retail value is $137,770. The car has just under 2,000 miles and is in superb shape.

My question is, what kind of value would this car have on the used market right now? From my limited research and possibly flawed logic, I believe that I would be able to get a bit more than the $115,000 that is being asked by most sellers on the used market right now. I might be wrong but I think that this particular spec is hard to find on the used market and it might be able to appeal to a certain buyer looking for this particular spec. Again, I have not done an extensive search and I am aware that I might be very wrong in my assumptions.

TL;DR: How much is my AMG GT Roadster worth on the used market?

Window Sticker
Old 04-22-2019, 03:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'09 C63 AMG, '10 ML350 4Matic
Resales on all of the AMG GT series cars is all over the map. I have seen cars that are $20,000 below expected resale with a clean title, and seen some that are $15,000 over what the owner/dealer should be asking.

It's a very niche car--so, you are correct that if you find the right buyer you will get what you want. My experience is you can start with base MSRP + 20% of add ons--and then deduct 10% for each year of ownership (20% since 2020s are out), but with low miles, add 5% back in). I believe you would get $124K + $2.7K - $24K + 6K for this car or about $109K. If you find the right buyer, they will pay more. Just depends on how long you are willing to let it sit there for sale. Just my 2 cents
Old 04-22-2019, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 696 Likes on 530 Posts
R Nine T
On The new GT cars you can’t order full leather anymore, so I believe that’s a huge selling point.

By asking higher your baiting the buyer that wants a perfect car.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
That car cost the dealer brand new to MBUSA circa 121200 triple net. Add in the Convertible trunk money that was splashed on it and the used status (dealers cant lease it and its got miles) puts that car into a lower resale number. If you are patient, then advertise it with the unique options to get that "one off" buyer. I fear the softness of the car (current GT Cabs have 10k trunk money) will make this a less than 100k car on a trade in or dealer transaction. Hold out cause you wont get what you want unless you have patience.

Here are the latest auction sales and while they might not be indicative of your true ACV they are a benchmark which wholesalers and used car managers use to value trade ins. As you can see, the 2018 GT cab sells light. What I can not tell here is the msrp of each sale.

The following users liked this post:
California John (04-22-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 06:00 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Lifted G500, GT-S, track Cooper S
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
On The new GT cars you can’t order full leather anymore, so I believe that’s a huge selling point.

By asking higher your baiting the buyer that wants a perfect car.
Is that true? Disappointing if so; are they going to mbtex on the dash or just textured materials?
Old 04-23-2019, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by invictusmaneo
Is that true? Disappointing if so; are they going to mbtex on the dash or just textured materials?
Default is MB-Tex on everything. Zero leather in the car. You can only upgrade to a Nappa leather package for $1900 which is leather on seats and armrests (not sure about center console cover). MB-Tex on door, dash, etc.
Fabric headliner only on either option.

Previous exclusive Nappa is leather everything with dinamica headliner.

They are going really cheap to make it a bigger price-span between the GT and GTC now that the GTS is gone.
No CF either