GLE Class (V167) Produced 2020 to present

Personalization gone from Mercedes Me Connect portal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 09:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
GLE
Personalization gone from Mercedes Me Connect portal

Does anyone use Mercedes Me Connect portal? Do you see driver profile tile? It seems gone since last week. I used to be able to link my profile in car to the online profile then the MBUX car settings are available in the web portal, and I can assign a profile image to the profile in car. But that feature seems removed from my account.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,019 Likes on 692 Posts
2024 Mercedes GLE 63 S..... 2018 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by cnnn
Does anyone use Mercedes Me Connect portal? Do you see driver profile tile? It seems gone since last week. I used to be able to link my profile in car to the online profile then the MBUX car settings are available in the web portal, and I can assign a profile image to the profile in car. But that feature seems removed from my account.
i just linked mine and it does show a profile in the upper right of the Home screen. It’s a shape of upper body and when I click on it shows my name and email address. Then edit and it asks me to upload my profile image. This is all new to me so excuse me if it doesn’t answer your question.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:36 PM

GLE
Originally Posted by Ron.s
i just linked mine and it does show a profile in the upper right of the Home screen. It’s a shape of upper body and when I click on it shows my name and email address. Then edit and it asks me to upload my profile image. This is all new to me so excuse me if it doesn’t answer your question.
When you log in to the Mercedes me portal, after selecting a car, you should see about 20 services such as Online Map Update, In-car WiFi.

Do do you see one called Manager Driver Profile?
Old 04-22-2019, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

When you log in to the Mercedes me portal, after selecting a car, you should see about 20 services such as Online Map Update, In-car WiFi.

The one I described says that my profile image after uploading.....
“this will be displayed as the driver’s profile in your vehicles head unit”
Old 04-23-2019, 12:38 AM

GLE
The one I described says that my profile image after uploading.....
“this will be displayed as the driver’s profile in your vehicles head unit”
Oh that’s My Profile page. Does the profile image sync to your car?

When you unhide the Mercedes me connect services after you have select your car, there is supposed to be a Manage Driver Profile option, should be right next to Manage Mercedes me connect option. It allowed me to link the online account with my profile in the car, and the profile image will be synchronized to the car. But now the option seems disabled.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:12 AM

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
2023 GLE450

I've been trying to manually update maps for hours...doesn't seem to work.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just added a profile picture-will see if it syncs to the car and will report back this evening.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You need to activate the Me services before they will work. I clicked on engine and it took me to a registration where I selected the services and agreed to the terms and conditions. Now I think mine will work.
Another option is to press the in car assistance and have the operator help you.
Old 04-23-2019, 11:40 AM

GLE
You need to activate the Me services before they will work. I clicked on engine and it took me to a registration where I selected the services and agreed to the terms and conditions. Now I think mine will work.
Another option is to press the in car assistance and have the operator help you.
I went through that part and turned on all services. This is what the portal looks like now. Do you see the same list, or do you see one called Manage Driver Profile?
Old 04-23-2019, 02:08 PM

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
2023 GLE450
I'm getting registration screens everytime I log on.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=cnnn;7739543]I went through that part and turned on all services. This is what the portal looks like now. Do you see the same list, or do you see one called Manage Driver Profile?
QUOTE]

Ive been away all day so just getting back to this. Is that screen from your phone? I don’t see anything like that. I have Android and the App for Android. My screen has been updated from this morning and now shows my vehicle stats.
1. When I open the phone App it takes me to a screen called Home. That screen shows my car, picture etc.
2. From that Home screen I clicked on the image just to the right of home that resembles a head and shoulders.
3. The next screen is Profile and in the center in gold is “Edit Profile”
4. I clicked on Edit Profile And that let me add a Profile image. I selected that image from pictures on my phone. The explanation says this image will be displayed on the vehicle head unit. It says allow 24 hours for changes to take place. My pic is not displayed yet so will see if it shows tomorrow. If not I will contact Concierge Support.
At least my vehicle statistics are now on my phone App....that took at least 6-8 hours.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bkushner
I'm getting registration screens everytime I log on.
Did you get an email confirming registration yet. If not something went wrong. If yes give it some time it took overnight for my App to start showing my vehicle and most of the day for vehicle Stats to show.
If you don’t have confirmation or are still having issues you can call support from the vehicle. I had some trouble initially and noticed that my email was different on my vehicle from the one on my App.
All this tech has its drawbacks. I notice the App has mediocre ratings so there are probably issues.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:53 PM

GLE
[QUOTE=Ron.s;7740036]
I went through that part and turned on all services. This is what the portal looks like now. Do you see the same list, or do you see one called Manage Driver Profile?
QUOTE]

Ive been away all day so just getting back to this. Is that screen from your phone? I don’t see anything like that. I have Android and the App for Android. My screen has been updated from this morning and now shows my vehicle stats.
1. When I open the phone App it takes me to a screen called Home. That screen shows my car, picture etc.
2. From that Home screen I clicked on the image just to the right of home that resembles a head and shoulders.
3. The next screen is Profile and in the center in gold is “Edit Profile”
4. I clicked on Edit Profile And that let me add a Profile image. I selected that image from pictures on my phone. The explanation says this image will be displayed on the vehicle head unit. It says allow 24 hours for changes to take place. My pic is not displayed yet so will see if it shows tomorrow. If not I will contact Concierge Support.
At least my vehicle statistics are now on my phone App....that took at least 6-8 hours.
Thanks for getting back. The screenshot is from their online portal, not the app. You can use this link to login to the portal for US https://me-us.secure.mercedes-benz.com. The app on iOS at least does not have all the great features yet.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=cnnn;7740071]

Thanks for getting back. The screenshot is from their online portal, not the app. You can use this link to login to the portal for US https://me-us.secure.mercedes-benz.com. The app on iOS at least does not have all the great features yet.
You might check to see if you have the new IOS App. The SA thought that I had an iPhone and mentioned that I needed the new App.
While I was answering this post I got a notice that my vehicle was unlocked and had a button to push to lock it. It's in my garage so I don't lock it.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:27 AM

GLE
[QUOTE=Ron.s;7740091]

You might check to see if you have the new IOS App. The SA thought that I had an iPhone and mentioned that I needed the new App.
While I was answering this post I got a notice that my vehicle was unlocked and had a button to push to lock it. It's in my garage so I don't lock it.
I think the app is fine. The feature set in iOS and Android version of Mercedes me is very much the same, and both have much less than the web portal version, where you can check software updates, change ambient lights, configure vehicle settings like auto lights off timer, automatic locking, etc.

Have you logged in to the web portal with the link? I wonder if you have the “manage Driver Profile” option in the list of services. Or yours has just the same list as in my screenshot.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The web portal looks the same.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:41 PM

GLE
The web portal looks the same.
Thanks for checking! Looks like the feature is indeed removed. Hope it’s temporary.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for checking! Looks like the feature is indeed removed. Hope it’s temporary.
Had time to spend with the the online Me App. There’s almost none of it up to date. It shows my correct vehicle and some basic stats like mileage and location, but none of the 4 manuals are for the 2020 GLE 450.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I was in the Mercedes Me App and found that I could link addresses for Home, Work and Favorites similar to Android Auto. Also can I put a destination and transfer it to the vehicle. Open the App and click on Mobility for these options.
I will check tomorrow to confirm this works, my car is getting Expel protective film today.
So it looks to me like you can do quite a few things with the Phone App, not sure what else I would do with the online App.
Edit: The vehicle tracker is not on the App.....that I can find. That might come in handy if the car is stolen.

Last edited by Ron.s; 04-25-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:21 AM

GLE
Confirmed by customer services

Thank you for contacting Mercedes me connect regarding your remote services.

We have been informed that the feature has been removed from vehicles to fix a bug according to the developers. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we ask that you please be patient as a solution will be provided once the developers contact us accordingly. We have been given a date time in October but that is not definite. Again we are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and we will update you as soon a s we hear from our Developing team.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
Were you guys able to get this working?

For some reason my web portal works but the iPhone app only lets me view odometer/fuel in tank/distance to empty (with my car photo/etc) but none of the useful features like checking door lock status or remote engine start are 'activated' and it directs me to the portal... but on the portal it's all active and working (well, I can see lock/window status but no engine start function).
Old 07-16-2019, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Mercedes me Connect app

Edit: The vehicle tracker is not on the App.....that I can find. That might come in handy if the car is stolen.
Vehicle tracker is 2nd button from the left on the bottom.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,168 Likes on 839 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Mercedes me Connect app

Originally Posted by JaCe88
Were you guys able to get this working?

For some reason my web portal works but the iPhone app only lets me view odometer/fuel in tank/distance to empty (with my car photo/etc) but none of the useful features like checking door lock status or remote engine start are 'activated' and it directs me to the portal... but on the portal it's all active and working (well, I can see lock/window status but no engine start function).
On the app you should be able to scroll over and to the right of "Starter Battery Charge" there is "See All." If you click on that you will get all the options.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE 300d (v167)
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
On the app you should be able to scroll over and to the right of "Starter Battery Charge" there is "See All." If you click on that you will get all the options.
Tried that and still got nothing... which is very odd since the website/portal online works fine:

Old 07-23-2019, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
Vehicle tracker is 2nd button from the left on the bottom.
A little late getting back to this. I have the tracker on my computer but it’s not on my App. (Android) Maybe soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Personalization gone from Mercedes Me Connect portal