E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2020 E Factory Order - Recommended Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 10:51 PM

Received 124 Likes on 91 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
Question 2020 E Factory Order - Recommended Options

Looks like I'll be ordering a new E Sedan, to get it to replace my Acura in mid-December. Most options I'm pretty sure about, but wonder if some of you will enlighten me on the usefulness/necessity of some others:

I'll definitely be getting:
Exterior Lighting Package
Heated & Vented Seats (requires Leather seats, not Nappa)
Head-Up Display
12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster (now in Premium Package)
Premium Package
Power Rear Sunshade
Driver Assistance Package (no more fear of tight parallel parking with my new, expensive car)
Parking Assistance Package

Okay, here are the less-sure options:

E350 or E450 - First, of course, I have to determine if it's worth the extra $4k for the V6. The E300 I drove seemed powerful enough for most purposes and the 2020 adds 14 HP, but the 6 would certainly help in passing and such. And if I don't opt for the E450, I'm somewhat afraid of the question: "What size engine did you say is in your new $75,00 Mercedes-Benz?"

LED Logo Projectors - I've had cars with "puddle lights", which come on when it's unlocked, and are located under the side view mirrors, which I /really/ like but don't think the E has. As I understand the Logo Projectors, they light up the ground in front of the door /after/ you've opened the door (and stepped in the puddle to reach it). If that's how it works, I can't see spending the money.

Illuminated Door Sills - They look cool, and all, but with all the other lights available when opening the door, I'm not sure they'd help much.

Luxury Package - I really don't like the look of the "old style" MB grille on this car. I'd much prefer the C-Series AMG-Line diamond-block grille, but it's not available on the E Sedan.

AMG Line Exterior - Unlike the C-Series AMG-Line, which changes the grille and body panels, all you get with the E is AMG 5-spoke wheels (similar to standard 5-spoke IMHO) and Sport Brakes. Not sure it's worth it. I'd think standard brakes are sufficient.

Rear & Roof Spoilers - I kind of like the looks of them, but 1) Can't believe, as small as they are, they really do anything, and 2) If they do, can't believe that MB doesn't make the shape built into the trunk & roof panels. Really? All that efficiency stuff & wind tunnel testing, and what, do you chop off a little bit of the perfect shape sheet metal and make us buy add-ons??

Lowered suspension with selective damping system - I'm not even sure if this is available on all models, or AMG-line only, or included with AMG-line, or what. And does it affect ride? Available with air suspension?

Aid Body Control - I've read many reviews that say this is a necessity, but my test drive car didn't have it and seemed very good. And some here have said they don't need it. At $1,900, I need to know how worth it it is.

Nappa or Standard Leather Seats - MBTex is not an option, because leather is required for Vented seats. I've had beige leather seats on a 2006 Avalon (which looked brand new until it was totaled in in 2016) and beige leather in my Acura, and never had any jeans-coloring or other staining problems, yet I've heard a lot about that with MB (dealer recommended MBTex because of it). I do like the quilting on the Nappa leather seats, but doubt my butt will be able to tell the difference.

Rapid Heating Front Seats - How are these different that "standard" heated front seats? Don't they all work with electric coils? I really don't care about the heated steering wheel or armrests (I live in South Carolina - I wanted a cooled or vented steering wheel, not a heated one). Seems some packages want you to get the Warmth & Comfort Package, though.

Active multicontour front seats with massage - Another feature I've read where some couldn't drive the car without it, and others don't care. My wife normally dislikes "massage seats", but this might be much better.

3-Zone Automatic Climate Control - Sure, I like my friends and my wife, but how often are they too hot or too cold, when the option is spending an extra $760. It's not like /I/ will be sitting back there.

Acoustic Comfort Package - Geez, so the E isn't quiet enough? Well, maybe not. But it seems like it wouldn't be worth $1,100 to gain a decibel or 2.

Soft-Close Doors - I really wanted these when I interpreted it as "automatic doors", that is, you can't reach the door handle when seated, so you press a button to close the doors. Like the trunk lid. But you still have to close the doors. And I think that almost everyone riding in my car will, as I no doubt will, take a second-take when the door doesn't close "tight" with a nice "clunk", figure the door isn't completely close, and start to re-open it, just about the time it pulls itself flush.

I didn't bother mentioning the upgraded Burmester sound system; if 590 watts and 13 speakers aren't enough for me, my wife would just tell me to turn it down anyhow. Anyhow, considering that every option listed costs more than the total cost of my first two cars (yes, I'm as old as dirt, as we say in the South), and the fact that it all adds up to sooooooo much money, I don't really need to spend where I don't get something pretty good for it.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:00 PM

I didn't mention wheels, but there isn't a lot of choice: Standard 5-Spoke wheels on the E350 look good to me, about as good as AMG 5-Spoke, and as above I'm not sure the AMG package of the E is for me. The E450 comes with dual 5-spoke, which I like a bit better. And without getting the Luxury or AMG packages, no other wheels are available (except as accessories).
Old 07-14-2019, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
the E does have "puddle lights" as you call them.

DON'T get air body control. I have it and it does absolutely nothing.. (just my 2 cents, as some people find it fantastic)

I love my vented seats, though it's a bit of a trade off as i'm not really a fan of leather

Driver Assistance Package: don't think the car will park you in tight spots. it's a handy feature if you are really sh*t at parallel parking,
but it requires a lot of space to work, so much, that it's easier to just park the car yourself.

driver assist I believe is lane keeping, adaptive cruise control, and automatic steering right? -
I have this & don't ever want to go back . it's so relaxing to drive with these systems.
but note that the automatic steering is an aid - It does not make your car drive itself.
If you keep this in mind the system will not disappoint you!

Not really familiar with the other options so i'll let others chime in on those

l
Old 07-14-2019, 07:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 419 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
My observations:

Rapid heating seats: I drive to Vermont from Long Island to ski. Have standard seats with heated steering wheel. More than sufficient.

Power read shade: nice extra but do not think worth the price.

Parking assist: on my 2019 if you want warning beeps, which I do, you need this option.

Luxury package: gives you more than 1/2 inch of extra clearance which is nice when you are parking with concrete stops. Hit them once with the sport package and you will wish you had the luxury package.

Following I passed on:
  • LED Logo Projector
  • Illuminated door sills
  • spoilers: do not like the look and does nothing for performance
  • air body control: standard suspension is one of the best in the world. If it ain't broke don't fix it
  • 3 zone air conditioning. Never needed beyond the standard
  • Acoustic package: E Class is already the quietest car in its class
  • soft close doors
Old 07-14-2019, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
I live in Florida and the Acoustic package is quite functional. The glass blocks IR radiation which keeps occupants much cooler. The acoustic portion includes extra sound insulation which helps keep the excessive 4 cylinder engine noise at bay.

I've had HUD in cars and other vehicles for at least 15 years. I won't own a car without a HUD. I do not have to take my eyes off the road to scan the instrument cluster or the nav display. It is a safety feature.

I have the Sport Brakes. I have not had any issues with them that are reported with standard brakes such as vibration or pulsing. It is a safety feature.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by rraisley

Soft-Close Doors - I really wanted these when I interpreted it as "automatic doors", that is, you can't reach the door handle when seated, so you press a button to close the doors. Like the trunk lid. But you still have to close the doors. And I think that almost everyone riding in my car will, as I no doubt will, take a second-take when the door doesn't close "tight" with a nice "clunk", figure the door isn't completely close, and start to re-open it, just about the time it pulls itself flush.

I didn't bother mentioning the upgraded Burmester sound system; if 590 watts and 13 speakers aren't enough for me, my wife would just tell me to turn it down anyhow. Anyhow, considering that every option listed costs more than the total cost of my first two cars (yes, I'm as old as dirt, as we say in the South), and the fact that it all adds up to sooooooo much money, I don't really need to spend where I don't get something pretty good for it.
I think a Mercedes without soft-close doors is missing a part of its soul. You get used to closing the doors like your kitchen cabinets. These work especially nicely: they pull the door a few millimeters past closed to seat the seal and then move out to flush. Once you're used to them, slamming a car door seems so barbaric.

I love the 3-D Burmester. My wife tried to talk me out of it but is now its biggest fan. And the rotating tweeters are very cool.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Of the options you're considering, the ONE I WOULD ABSOLUTLELY pay for is the 450 engine. The rest are ones you should decide if the value is worth it, but the engine is the one that will make the absolute most difference. We had an E300, but traded it soon after getting it, because while it is adequate, to me adequate isn't good enough for a Mercedes. I tried very hard to convince myself it was good enough. But we also had an E400 and owning both made it more than clear the E300 was underpowered. So now we have an E400 and and E450.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:04 AM

Thanks so much for the excellent answers. Keep them coming!

Egonvdv:
"the E does have "puddle lights" as you call them." Really? You mean lights under the mirrors that come on when you unlock? What is the purpose of the LED Logo Projectors, then? Just to light the ground in front of the doorway /after/ opening the door? If so, I can save that money, I think.

"Power read shade: nice extra but do not think worth the price." While I agree, it's hard not to get a feature that my wife's 2006 Avalon had. ;-)

JTK44:
I thought the self-parking feature would park in much more tight spots that I would be able to. And decide ahead of time if it's able to. I don't do it much, but thought it might give me a secure feeling when I do.

I see what you're saying about the Luxury package and its 1/2" higher height. Can the non-Luxury be ordered /without/ the Lowered suspension with selective damping? And do the same thing? Or do you lose the adjustable suspension that way. What about Air suspension? Does that get the height back?

rbrylaw:
I'm coming around on the 450 engine. Without it, it seems like it's not quite a MB.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 419 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
The front fascia and rear are 1/2 inch higher and that is what gives you the ground clearance I find important in snow and parking lots.

I also think the stock 18" wheels give a better ride than the optional larger wheels and especially up north with the potholes.

In my BMW I had leather and frankly, I prefer the MB tex. Shows no wear and tear and very easy to wipe and keep clean. So for me the ventilated seats are an over $3,000 option something that I passed on - but are standard on my Ford Edge Sport!

Real window shade: Had it as part of a package in my E350. Kept breaking as I used it and maybe that is why I am against it.

I agree with RBRYLAW: as I said the 4 cylinder is peppy but not powerful. I think in a C Class at a different price point the 4 cylinder is just fine. But when you are over $70,000 I felt the E450 was more appropriate and the engine is much quieter and smoother than the 4.

Keep in mind that either MB is a well appointed car - other than the safety features, which should be standard and presently are on most cheaper cars like Ford, Honda and Toyota: "Nothing but the best" has fallen behind a lot of other manufactures and I guess does not include safety features as standard equipment. It is a real turn off to pay for safety! I remember when you had to pay extra for a rear view camera on a Mercedes, my 2016 E350 and it too was standard on both Honda and Toyota. I guess MB does it this way because they can.

In any event my E450 is optioned with the safety features and devoid of most of the add ons - which is where Mercedes makes their money. You can take a base E450 and add over $20,000 in options - often the cost of another car.

If I were to add on all those options I would certainly lease where they are residualized.

As you mentioned cost is a factor in another post, if you own, those $20,000 in options on either trade or sale will bring you maybe $5,000 to $7,000 in additional value, so you better well really want them because others latter on will not pay for them.

Self parking: tried it once and it worked - that was over 6 months ago. Have not used it since. But I do use the 360 camera and the audio "beeps" when parking.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by JTK44
The front fascia and rear are 1/2 inch higher and that is what gives you the ground clearance I find important in snow and parking lots.

I also think the stock 18" wheels give a better ride than the optional larger wheels and especially up north with the potholes.

In my BMW I had leather and frankly, I prefer the MB tex. Shows no wear and tear and very easy to wipe and keep clean. So for me the ventilated seats are an over $3,000 option something that I passed on - but are standard on my Ford Edge Sport!

Real window shade: Had it as part of a package in my E350. Kept breaking as I used it and maybe that is why I am against it.

I agree with RBRYLAW: as I said the 4 cylinder is peppy but not powerful. I think in a C Class at a different price point the 4 cylinder is just fine. But when you are over $70,000 I felt the E450 was more appropriate and the engine is much quieter and smoother than the 4.

Keep in mind that either MB is a well appointed car - other than the safety features, which should be standard and presently are on most cheaper cars like Ford, Honda and Toyota: "Nothing but the best" has fallen behind a lot of other manufactures and I guess does not include safety features as standard equipment. It is a real turn off to pay for safety! I remember when you had to pay extra for a rear view camera on a Mercedes, my 2016 E350 and it too was standard on both Honda and Toyota. I guess MB does it this way because they can.

In any event my E450 is optioned with the safety features and devoid of most of the add ons - which is where Mercedes makes their money. You can take a base E450 and add over $20,000 in options - often the cost of another car.

If I were to add on all those options I would certainly lease where they are residualized.

As you mentioned cost is a factor in another post, if you own, those $20,000 in options on either trade or sale will bring you maybe $5,000 to $7,000 in additional value, so you better well really want them because others latter on will not pay for them.

Self parking: tried it once and it worked - that was over 6 months ago. Have not used it since. But I do use the 360 camera and the audio "beeps" when parking.
MBTex is very good. BUT and it's a big BUT, if you live in a hot climate, you cannot get cooled seats with MBTex. Living in Florida, cooled seats, is IMHO, a must. I find the standard leather holds up quite nicely. I do have my seats treated at pickup from the dealer though to ensure they stay nice.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
Egonvdv:
You mean lights under the mirrors that come on when you unlock? What is the purpose of the LED Logo Projectors, then? Just to light the ground in front of the doorway /after/ opening the door? If so, I can save that money, I think.

yes lights in the mirrors. the logo projectors are just something to pimp your ride i guess...
Old 07-15-2019, 07:33 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
2019 E200 sedan
If it was only a 4k difference for the 450 I wouldnt even think twice, its much smoother. Might also have more standard options so maybe the price difference will be even smaller.

Otherwise you have all the right options, would also consider acoustic comfort package because why not, you want it as luxurious as possible. Air body control you have to see for yourself if you like it, test at the dealership. Have you considered the small burmester surround system, worthwhile from the terrible standard system.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv
yes lights in the mirrors. the logo projectors are just something to pimp your ride i guess...
Thanks, I'm very pleased to hear it has puddle lights (found a MB parts list/layout which calls them puddle lamps (the replacements, anyhow). On cars I've had since 2006, these lights come on as you approach the car, showing ground (and puddles) /before/ you get there, which is great. The logo projectors would, IMHO, only show you how deep the water is that you're standing in after opening the door. ;-)
Old 07-15-2019, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by mercedes.fan
If it was only a 4k difference for the 450 I wouldnt even think twice, its much smoother. Might also have more standard options so maybe the price difference will be even smaller.
Unfortunately, it's $5,000 (even). The $4,000 was for the 540i vs 530i inline 6. Still have to consider it, though. Option prices are identical, although you do get dual 5-spoke wheels, rather than 5-spoke wheels, and they do look a bit nicer.

Otherwise you have all the right options, would also consider acoustic comfort package because why not, you want it as luxurious as possible. Air body control you have to see for yourself if you like it, test at the dealership. Have you considered the small burmester surround system, worthwhile from the terrible standard system.
I may consider the acoustic comfort package (someone above said it helps with sun on you too), although the highest-end cars I've had so far are a Toyota Avalon Limited and an Acura RDX, and I never felt they were noisy. Hard to believe standard MB E-series wouldn't be quiet enough, and $1,100 would help pay for the 450 engine.

I may have to drive the air body control, as you say. Every review I've watched that had it, said you absolutely have to include it. And about every review that didn't have it said the suspension was great. From what I've read, the other suspensions (comfort, lowered & standard - if there is such a thing) adjust automatically to you driving, while the air body control is set with the Eco/Comfort/Sport/Sport+ selection.

I am getting the Premium Package, which does include the Burmester surround sound system with 590 watts and 13 speakers. I'm sure that will be plenty, for as loud as my wife will let me play it. ;-)
Old 07-15-2019, 12:10 PM

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Current: 2022 C300W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
So, we all have our idiosyncrasies...I was on the fence between my MY19 C43 and E300W4, and one thing I really had a hang-up on in the Sport trim E was no MB-tex dash/door trim. For whatever reason, they made this a differentiator between the Sport and Luxury trims, but for MY20 they've seen the light and made it an available option on the Sport trim.

DEFINITELY spec U09 MB-Tex Dashboard w/ Contrast Stitching. It makes the cabin look MUCH, MUCH more rich and special. Should only be $400 or so.
Old 07-15-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Grant Hummel
So, we all have our idiosyncrasies...I was on the fence between my MY19 C43 and E300W4, and one thing I really had a hang-up on in the Sport trim E was no MB-tex dash/door trim. For whatever reason, they made this a differentiator between the Sport and Luxury trims, but for MY20 they've seen the light and made it an available option on the Sport trim.

DEFINITELY spec U09 MB-Tex Dashboard w/ Contrast Stitching. It makes the cabin look MUCH, MUCH more rich and special. Should only be $400 or so.
Sound like a good idea, but according to MY20 PDF I got, it's only available with 121 or 201 (Black) interior, and living in South Carolina, I can't have black. Interesting, though, as it's included with the Luxury package, which IS available in leather colors other than black.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:25 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan
Sound like a good idea, but according to MY20 PDF I got, it's only available with 121 or 201 (Black) interior, and living in South Carolina, I can't have black. Interesting, though, as it's included with the Luxury package, which IS available in leather colors other than black.
I agree that the stitching would be nice for the sport models, but black interior is too commonplace for me.

Parking assist is a total waste, but it came as part of the options (cameras I think) not a stand alone.

I have the cooled seats, and acoustic treatment, and it is seriously quiet. Probably the best thing I like about the car. I’m glad I got that, and in Arizona, we need all the help we can get in regards to uv protection. Massage seats are nice too, for the gf, plus the active bolsters are sweet for when you do some sporty cornering.

I debated getting the air body control, but didn’t. I suggest you find one with and one without for test drives. You are paying a premium for this car, make them treat you right and let you drive until you are satisfied with your choice!

Try out the soft close doors in the showroom too. I decided against those too as you still have to do most of the work closing the door anyway and if you don’t close it enough, it won’t finish anyway.

Finally, no way I’m driving a $70k car with a 4 cylinder engine, unless it’s putting out 400+ hp.

Last edited by CaptainE; 07-15-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by CaptainE
Parking assist is a total waste, but it came as part of the options (cameras I think) not a stand alone.
I forgot about the added cameras. I love the Surround View System and want the Rear Cross-Traffic Alert, so guess I'll stick with the Parking Assist.
I have the cooled seats, and acoustic treatment, and it is seriously quiet. Probably the best thing I like about the car. I’m glad I got that, and in Arizona, we need all the help we can get in regards to uv protection. Massage seats are nice too, for the gf, plus the active bolsters are sweet for when you do some sporty cornering.
I'll have to try out the massage. I haven't been impressed with ones people have had at home in the living room, nor the pay-for-massage seats at the mall. Maybe this is much better. And you make a good point about the UV protection, too; I live in SC.

I debated getting the air body control, but didn’t. I suggest you find one with and one without for test drives. You are paying a premium for this car, make them treat you right and let you drive until you are satisfied with your choice!

Try out the soft close doors in the showroom too. I decided against those too as you still have to do most of the work closing the door anyway and if you don’t close it enough, it won’t finish anyway.
More good points.
Finally, no way I’m driving a $70k car with a 4 cylinder engine, unless it’s putting out 400+ hp.
Yeah, I'm starting to agree. I was dreading someone asking my what type of engine was in the E350. V6 362 hp is a much better answer. ;-)
Old 07-15-2019, 02:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E450
Pretty much agree with the other posts but wanted to add one thing I haven't noticed. Unless things changed with the 2020, the 450 also includes 4matic so the increase in price is not just for the 6 cylinder. The 6 cyl is worth the upgrade and the 4matic just adds to it. My wife wanted the logo lights and lighted door sills but they are just for show. The logo lights simply project the Mercedes star on the ground whereas the standard puddle lights are simply lights. Agree also that the parking assist is not needed but must have the surround cameras so it becomes required. I like the looks of the trunk spoiler so added it but just for looks, not for any aerodynamics. I also have air body but don't see much difference in the ride from my previous 212 which didn't have it. However I have a friend with a steep driveway and the 212 always dragged when going up or backing out of the driveway. Now I simply hit the switch and raise the car: no more drag. I had two Infinitis before the 212 and the 212 was a definite upgrade in luxury and ride. Feel the same way about the 450. It's a definite upgrade over the 212.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by SalTex
Pretty much agree with the other posts but wanted to add one thing I haven't noticed. Unless things changed with the 2020, the 450 also includes 4matic so the increase in price is not just for the 6 cylinder. The 6 cyl is worth the upgrade and the 4matic just adds to it.
The $5,000 extra was from the E350 4matic to the E450 4matic (MY19 E450 4m is $4,950 over E300 4m). The extra $2,500 for 4matic was already in my comparison E350 price.
I also have air body but don't see much difference in the ride from my previous 212 which didn't have it. However I have a friend with a steep driveway and the 212 always dragged when going up or backing out of the driveway. Now I simply hit the switch and raise the car: no more drag.
How much does it raise? I read that above a certain speed (5 mph?) the car automatically lowers, then raises above that. I figured it would already be at max height when pulling into a driveway. Although, if it was loaded heavy, the air would have raised it up to be level. Oh, and someone else raised the concern about high curbs, low suspension (non-luxury) and parallel parking: Can/does the air body control raise for parking, and will it stay there until you come back to it? (If it dropped down while you were away, the doors might not open upon returning.)
Old 07-15-2019, 02:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
The surround cameras are quite helpful when parking to keep from pulling too close to those parking blocks that are sometimes so high they do underside damage to a car. The birds eye image has a black band around the car that represents a 3' clearance. The cameras can be manually turned on and a desired view selected.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:28 PM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
Looks like I'll be ordering a new E Sedan, to get it to replace my Acura in mid-December. Most options I'm pretty sure about, but wonder if some of you will enlighten me on the usefulness/necessity of some others:

Active multicontour front seats with massage - Another feature I've read where some couldn't drive the car without it, and others don't care. My wife normally dislikes "massage seats", but this might be much better.
A must! I would not buy one without.

3-Zone Automatic Climate Control - Sure, I like my friends and my wife, but how often are they too hot or too cold, when the option is spending an extra $760. It's not like /I/ will be sitting back there.
Well, there are some other differences between the 2-zone and the 3-zone climate control also. Not sure about exactly what, I bought the 3-zone climate control (got it almost for free)

Acoustic Comfort Package - Geez, so the E isn't quiet enough? Well, maybe not. But it seems like it wouldn't be worth $1,100 to gain a decibel or 2.
A must. I tried the normal wagon both with and without and the difference is huge. Wouldn't buy one without.

[/quote]

To be honest, the "standard" Burmester sound system is kinda crappy, the expensive Burmester is something I would buy if it was an option in my car.. (My car is a wagon and the expensive version is not an option on wagons..)
Old 07-15-2019, 04:00 PM

I might go the $1,320 for the Massage seats (they adjust extra ways too, after all), and $1,100 for the Acoustic Comfort Package, maybe even the $760 for the 3-Zone climate control, but to spend an extra $5,400 (more than the V6 engine add) for the 3D Burmester over the standard Burmester is definitely out of the question for me!
Old 07-15-2019, 04:07 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan
78 degrees above also has the e63, AMG station wagon which has a different ride.

Take this in to consideration re the air body control question.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2020 MB E450, 2007 VW GTI
...but to spend an extra $5,400 (more than the V6 engine add) for the 3D Burmester over the standard Burmester is definitely out of the question for me!
I ordered a 2020 E450 Sedan back in mid-May and requested the high-end Burmester system and was told it wasn't available. Since then I rechecked with the dealer a couple of times and each time was told it's not available. I don't know if it's not available because of other options I might have, a production schedule issue, or just in general. The car has now reached it's build date window so it will just have the standard Burmester that comes with the Premium package.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2020 E Factory Order - Recommended Options