Sponsored by:

Vacuum line on 2015 location?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 CLS 63 AMGS
Vacuum line on 2015 location?

On my OBD2 scanner I’m getting a code that’s saying turbo boost lost. Researching the code people have said to check the vacuum line as it may need to be replaced since the car has 33k miles

cars technically still under warranty but I do have a full exhaust with stage 2 tune so don’t want to take the car in on the off chance they deny the warranty now

can anyone give me a how to on replacing the vacuum line to see if that works
Old 07-15-2019, 12:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E63S
Originally Posted by AMGZein
On my OBD2 scanner I’m getting a code that’s saying turbo boost lost. Researching the code people have said to check the vacuum line as it may need to be replaced since the car has 33k miles

cars technically still under warranty but I do have a full exhaust with stage 2 tune so don’t want to take the car in on the off chance they deny the warranty now

can anyone give me a how to on replacing the vacuum line to see if that works
What the code P0299? I had this code and had a leaky transducer in the vac line & then found a tear the coupler for the Turbo outlet. Been perfect since.
Old 07-15-2019, 01:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 CLS 63 AMGS
Originally Posted by Bryan Book
What the code P0299? I had this code and had a leaky transducer in the vac line & then found a tear the coupler for the Turbo outlet. Been perfect since.
Yea that is the code I got. Did you have the dealer do the work or is it something that’s a DIY?
Old 07-15-2019, 06:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E63S
Originally Posted by AMGZein
Yea that is the code I got. Did you have the dealer do the work or is it something that’s a DIY?
I had the dealer replace. Labor and everything was under $600. Vac lines and transducer would be very easy to replace. It's the plastic lines coming off of your Turbo Wastegates. They plug in right under the engine cover. Pull off and inspect for cracks.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:53 PM

Received 368 Likes on 157 Posts
AMG
I would flash the car back to stock to make sure the tune isnt acting up first and foremost.

Yup, pop open the middle engine cover, and under you will find the small transducer with 3 hard plastic lines.. 1 line coming from the vac pump from the driver side rear of the engine, check for visible cracks in the hard line and the connection to the vac pump and transducer is tight.

2 lines coming out of the transducer, 1 going to each turbo, again try to check each line making sure they are connected to the transducer tight and to each turbo vac turbo actuator tightly. Might have to remove these lines to really check things which is a little annoying..

If all the lines have no cracks and are tightly installed, might be time to change the transducer, P/N A0081535428 goes for around 100$ on ecs tuning.
The following users liked this post:
BiturboSF (08-19-2022)