W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do if you drive E63S and S/O drives Mazda 3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2019, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63S AMG
What to do if you drive E63S and S/O drives Mazda 3?

Hey guys,

FuffinMlavored here.

I need a bit of life coaching (well... a lot of life coaching honestly) on one situation in particular:

We all like nice cars. That's why we are on nice car forums!

What would you personally do if your significant other is driving a Mazda 3 with:

bumper held together by screws

peeling/bubbling tint

vibrations over 60mph

blown speaker

broken center console arm rest

pink zebra steering wheel cover

Do you step in and buy him/her/it/they/Kaitlyn Jenner a new car, or do you not be materialistic?
Old 07-18-2019, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
335i, 899, 750li, the titanic
no.

dont get involved unless she asks. even then, be cautious.

but, if you dont listen, have an exit play, what happens if this doesn't work out? how do you get your asset back
The following users liked this post:
FuffinMlavored (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 514 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
No big deal. As long the SO does not ask you to ride in it.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:19 PM

E63S AMG
Originally Posted by bobblehead
No big deal. As long the SO does not ask you to ride in it.
that's where the problem arose! it's kind of embarrassing you know... here i am selfishly trying to pour thousands of dollars into a nice car in tip top shape. good performance, good paint. and i am letting my S/O ride around in something hobbling along on its last leg. i feel very selfish and with misaligned priorities so i wanted to ask some fellow other "super sedan" owners, but you are all probably multi-millionaires and married so it's different :P
Old 07-18-2019, 01:49 PM

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
AMG E63s
FuffinMlavored or Muffinflavored. Hmmmmm!!
Old 07-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts
2014 S63
IMO, you need took past it. Just offer to drive wherever you go if you're not comfortable in her car. At the end of the day, shes the one you fell in love with, not the car she drives. Cars can be replaced.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:04 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
Originally Posted by eric@bdwheels
IMO, you need took past it. Just offer to drive wherever you go if you're not comfortable in her car. At the end of the day, shes the one you fell in love with, not the car she drives. Cars can be replaced.
Agreed.
Wife drives anything that runs....the type where they just put in gas and go. All her cars are like trash bins, junk every where while mine are spotless and not a single dust or dirt anywhere. I don't complain, she don't complain = happy marriage. Cars are just cars!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:31 PM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Ooooh danger here. Sounds like me 5 years ago lol. Significant other had a Subaru. I brought her to my Mercedes dealer and she fell for a GLK350. Now she’s my wife and mother of my child, and drives a GLE63s.

How long have you been together if I may ask? You can casually stroll into a dealer of your choice after lunch or something with her, and say hey let’s take a look at this neat little car they have. That part is easy. The one thing to watch out for is, -and I cannot stress this enough- don’t get her into a car she can’t afford, unless you’re planning on sticking around or seeing the payments through if things between you two go pear shaped.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:58 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Talking

My wife drove a Honda Fit. After she became my fiance, I offered my BMW 335. It was tuned and a wild car so that didn't work. We went to dealership and I showed her a 235i. She didn't like BMW. Went to mercedes, but shes a tree hugger save the world type. So she wanted a Prius. I said its my money buying so when you have a job and your money you can have Prius. Right now I want something I can enjoy too.. so C63S it was. Well that went ok for a bit but she would give it nasty curb rash and hit curbs etc. She's totally not a car person at all. Barely tell brands apart let alone models of the same brand. So I tried to get her to drive the Range Rover so she can hop curbs without damaging the car so much. Anyway she felt SUV was too big and intimidating. But you know how this goes. Eventually she got used to it. Eventually she loved it so much I barely drive it anymore. Now we have baby and another on the way so it became the baby mobile cam family car. I traded the C63S for the E63S and of course am in eternal bliss now. Before I thought of putting a ring on it, I'd steer clear of doing anything.

I ride in her Honda Fit when we visit her parents by the way, and have to go somewhere. Suddenly she comments and tells me the car is so weak! Ofcourse it is now that you are sued to driving powerful cars. That Fit is 20yrs old and still at her mum's house. If we fly over there and need a car thats what we use.

Last edited by VaserC63S; 07-18-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by VaserC63S
My wife drove a Honda Fit. After she became my fiance, I offered my BMW 335. It was tuned and a wild car so that didn't work. We went to dealership and I showed her a 235i. She didn't like BMW. Went to mercedes, but shes a tree hugger save the world type. So she wanted a Prius. I said its my money buying so when you have a job and your money you can have Prius. Right now I want something I can enjoy too.. so C63S it was. Well that went ok for a bit but she would give it nasty curb rash and hit curbs etc. She's totally not a car person at all. Barely tell brands apart let alone models of the same brand. So I tried to get her to drive the Range Rover so she can hop curbs without damaging the car so much. Anyway she felt SUV was too big and intimidating. But you know how this goes. Eventually she got used to it. Eventually she loved it so much I barely drive it anymore. Now we have baby and another on the way so it became the baby mobile cam family car. I traded the C63S for the E63S and of course am in eternal bliss now. Before I thought of putting a ring on it, I'd steer clear of doing anything.
> Went to mercedes, but shes a tree hugger save the world type.

i have you beat. my last girlfriend was a vegan who did not believe in shaving!!! arms, legs, armpits, you name it!

> Right now I want something I can enjoy too.. so C63S it was.

lmfaooo.
flow of events:
1. girlfriend wants prius
2. **** that! we're getting the exact opposite! 9-13mpg v8! america! i mean germany!

> Well that went ok for a bit but she would give it nasty curb rash and hit curbs etc.

dude, when i close my eyes, that is *exactly* what i see my girlfriend doing if i were to give her my car lol. glad to know my fantasy (nightmare) is confirmed reality.

> Eventually she loved it so much I barely drive it anymore

went from "i want a prius" to "land rover is not so bad..."

Last edited by MuffinFlavored; 07-18-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dunga
Ooooh danger here. Sounds like me 5 years ago lol. Significant other had a Subaru. I brought her to my Mercedes dealer and she fell for a GLK350. Now she’s my wife and mother of my child, and drives a GLE63s.

How long have you been together if I may ask? You can casually stroll into a dealer of your choice after lunch or something with her, and say hey let’s take a look at this neat little car they have. That part is easy. The one thing to watch out for is, -and I cannot stress this enough- don’t get her into a car she can’t afford, unless you’re planning on sticking around or seeing the payments through if things between you two go pear shaped.
do you know what my girlfriend likes to stroll?

the on sale aisle of target. she bought her mazda cash at like... 22 i think? it's all she knows.

i'm trying to get her to go half with me on an f80 m3 but i'm not too sure if she's gonna enjoy learning stick and finding e85 stations!!!!
Old 07-18-2019, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by diamondblak05
Agreed.
Wife drives anything that runs....the type where they just put in gas and go. All her cars are like trash bins, junk every where while mine are spotless and not a single dust or dirt anywhere. I don't complain, she don't complain = happy marriage. Cars are just cars!
it does not bother you to have to ride in the trash bin sometimes?
Old 07-18-2019, 06:16 PM

2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
All true. She still complained why I had to trade the C63S so soon and get gasp another gas guzzler! My son is only 15 months old and you should see the **** eating grin on his face when I put it in race mode and the pop and crackles happen. Like father like son. He loves to seat in the front seat and drive around the lot or in the garage. He can spend an hour playing with the lights, spraying washer fluid and operating the wipers. And using his fit to obnoxiously honk. So funny. All of 15 months old and he knows all that! He hates going in the rear facing car seat and its battle royale every single time we go somewhere and he has to go in the seat. Maybe hes spoiling to be a future Lewis Hamilton. He totally in love with the E63S. He knows the Rover is his usual ride too, but he grins so hard when we walk towards the E63S, am sure I will hear all about it when he can eventually talk. He talks a storm now, its just toddler gibberish, but am sure hes saying hjow cool the E63S is. Or saying do it again daddy ( The bazzoka Pops ) Wife looks at me like am crazy. She cannot understand it. Why do you want to do that? Or when I step on it just for kicks or scare up the neighborhood. So childish I know, but so much fun.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored
do you know what my girlfriend likes to stroll?

the on sale aisle of target. she bought her mazda cash at like... 22 i think? it's all she knows.

i'm trying to get her to go half with me on an f80 m3 but i'm not too sure if she's gonna enjoy learning stick and finding e85 stations!!!!
Ha ha exactly! Mine cuts coupons too. He he and wears dollar sleepers and $10 dresses too. She will step out of the E63S and go to dollar store! Or Drive the range rover to a bargain stiore and shop. She doesnt even notice how odd that looks. I dont mind or pay much attention. But I totally see the looks and sometimes the occasional snickering by other females. Its ok, shes who she is. I let her be. Shes happy that way and I love her for who she is. I just occasionally get impatient or a little frustered. But whatever floats her boat man. Thats fine.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:23 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Just take your car
Old 07-18-2019, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

All true. She still complained why I had to trade the C63S so soon and get gasp another gas guzzler! My son is only 15 months old and you should see the **** eating grin on his face when I put it in race mode and the pop and crackles happen. Like father like son. He loves to seat in the front seat and drive around the lot or in the garage. He can spend an hour playing with the lights, spraying washer fluid and operating the wipers. And using his fit to obnoxiously honk. So funny. All of 15 months old and he knows all that! He hates going in the rear facing car seat and its battle royale every single time we go somewhere and he has to go in the seat. Maybe hes spoiling to be a future Lewis Hamilton. He totally in love with the E63S. He knows the Rover is his usual ride too, but he grins so hard when we walk towards the E63S, am sure I will hear all about it when he can eventually talk. He talks a storm now, its just toddler gibberish, but am sure hes saying hjow cool the E63S is. Or saying do it again daddy ( The bazzoka Pops ) Wife looks at me like am crazy. She cannot understand it. Why do you want to do that? Or when I step on it just for kicks or scare up the neighborhood. So childish I know, but so much fun.
some people might frown upon teaching your child to be a hooligan at a young age... and i hope those people stay the **** away from these forums!

the fact that your 15 month son actively reacts when his brain recognizes he gets to go into the e63s is one of the coolest things i've heard this month. who knows what mercedes will be up to in ~18 years when he is ready to drive. are you gonna spoil him with an e63s for his first car? maybe an s65 amg instead
Old 07-18-2019, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Ha ha exactly! Mine cuts coupons too. He he and wears dollar sleepers and $10 dresses too. She will step out of the E63S and go to dollar store! Or Drive the range rover to a bargain stiore and shop. She doesnt even notice how odd that looks. I dont mind or pay much attention. But I totally see the looks and sometimes the occasional snickering by other females. Its ok, shes who she is. I let her be. Shes happy that way and I love her for who she is. I just occasionally get impatient or a little frustered. But whatever floats her boat man. Thats fine.
"babe, can we take the AMG to goodwill?"

Old 07-18-2019, 06:34 PM

"babe, can we take the AMG to goodwill?"

Yup. Exactly. I used to be the guy scratching my head wondering WTF was going on when I saw such cars in the wrong places. I'd often think the owners could not afford the car and were scraping to keep it.... Too funny am now the guy showing up in such cars at the wrong places. I just learned a long time ago. DONT JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE. YOU HAVE NO ****ING CLUE WHAT'S GOING ON. And if you guess, you are probably wrong anyway. Just live and let live and don't judge. Dont even have an opinion either way. Your life will be a better and you will be a better person.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:26 AM

E63 S Wagon
Oh, please. May she soon be spared of your company.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dhull100
Oh, please. May she soon be spared of your company.
lol
this is more in line with the response i expected
Old 07-19-2019, 11:06 AM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
When we first got married, I would literally clean her car before we go anywhere. Now, I just brush away whatever is in my seat and go. 3/4 times, I just say 'let's take MY car!'
Old 07-19-2019, 11:41 AM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 E63, 2011 E350, 1997 F50
Na, dont get her anything. It is her own responsibility to get a new car or fix her own. You can direct her and help her make changes or get a new car, but make sure you arent putting in any money. As long as you pay for your car and shes not making payments for your than you shouldnt make payments for her.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
05 W211 E500, 03 C215 CL55 AMG
Requesting pics of this beat up mazda.

Let's see how embarrassing it is