Brakes "stuck" after car sits for a while

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2020 | 05:50 PM

A220
Brakes "stuck" after car sits for a while

I last drove my A220 about 5 days ago. It's been sitting (on level ground) in my garage. I went to back out today and after I put the car in reverse nothing happened. I was expecting the car to idle its way backwards. I had to push the gas and then the rear brakes made a loud noise as if they had been stuck together.
The brakes seemed to work ok after that but I've never seen a car do this before. Anyone notice this or seen this before in Mercedes?
The following users liked this post:
dennyberg (09-21-2024)
Old 04-07-2020 | 10:11 PM

A220
I took my car in to the dealer and they said this is normal. The brakes can form condensation, which after the emergency brake has been applied for a while, make the "breaking" noise when trying to disengage the brakes after they've sat for a while. Similarly, they said it's normal to hear the grinding until the "condensation" is worn off.

They had to swap my battery so I had a loaner for a day. I didn't notice it as bad but it was similar to what my car is doing so I'll assume the above is true.
Old 06-22-2020 | 05:38 PM

2022 C300 (W206 USA)
yep mine does the same thing
Old 09-21-2024 | 12:34 AM

2021 AMG G wagon

Experienced safety issues and embarrassingly unimaginably loud brakes within weeks of getting this new. Within two weeks of the dealership being made notified, we finally found out there was a break recall. Had to wait 6 more months before getting replacement brakes put on. Car was in the shop more than two months within the first 7 of buying it and no compensation was offered or received.