Nightmare 2008 c350 sport with water intrusion damage. Input welcome

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c350
Nightmare 2008 c350 sport with water intrusion damage. Input welcome

Whats up MB world?? Newbie here!!! Nice to meet you all... Anyway, I bought a 2008 c350 sport model on a whim (needing a car at the time), and it ran amazing during the drought weather but as soon as it rained it was over. First the cluster went out, then it gave me the dreaded no start/no crank.. Within a few days The cold weather caused the older battery to die, I got a brand new replacement from Wally world, and it still no start. The battery they sold me was a dud, had a dead cell, and wouldn't charge. So, I exchanged it and it fired up, I went and drove the car for two days, got the 2006 code for flap being stuck, and confirmed that the middle actuator is off the lever. Anyways, I went and washed the car, the dust was unbearable. I ran great in fact it ran all day until the next day when I had to pick my kid up. As soon as I got to the destination it wouldnt come out of park, so I shut it off and then it wouldnt turn over. Grrrrrr fustration. So, I go out to check the caar opened the aftermarket agm hood and for some reason it went into gear. I tried to call he local mercedes mechanic but they told me that I would have to wait, I was able to run all the stop signs to make it home (15 miles) Got it in my driveway and now its dead. I can get it to fire up with the green starter relay out bypassing it with two piece of metal, but it will not go into gear. The person I called a the local Mercedes mechanic said that it had water intrusion before I bought it. I went and checked the Sam unit under the hood everything looks fine and underneath looks amazing, the rear units also have zero signs of any water intrusion. I went ahead and tested the drain paths on the sunroof and found that water is staying stuck on the front passenger side, I was able to confirm that the water comes in on the right interior through the bezel directly over the distributor electronic boards under neath the passenger carpet. It also appears to be getting trapped where its supposed to drain on the right front passenger side. My question here is will those Distributors #A0055461040 and 0045468140 cause these issues? Upon visual inspection they both where corroded and the metal parts where green. I cleaned them and the wires and the no start got worse.
Heres some crazy codes im receiving w a basic scanner

u0101 tcm lost comm
u0109 lost comm w fuel pump
u0100 lost comm w ecm
u0121 lost comm w albs
lost commun w high speed comm bus perfomance
0521 (confirmed)
1433 comm w electronic selector module
0668 no definition
1405 comm w control unit trans has mal function
1373 comm w esp
2017 drive trans can bus
2269 pressure in fuel to low pressure circut to high
2081 comm w fuel pump.

Not sure the relays are good I can visually see that the fuses are fine.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:03 PM

c350
Update**** Figured it out myself. It's running again. Shifts, drives.... Now the fan is on low all the time, 😮. Smh. Flapper lever nipple broke off 😆, the engineers should of made the lever aluminum instead of plastic. Lucky for me this a African based made car so I think reliability will be worth the effort of fixing it. Does anyone have a write up of how to fix the intake flapper lever w the manifold installed on the car?

Last edited by RenzoWthabenzo; 09-10-2023 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2024, 08:20 AM

No communication with gauge cluster....

Originally Posted by RenzoWthabenzo
Whats up MB world?? Newbie here!!! Nice to meet you all... Anyway, I bought a 2008 c350 sport model on a whim (needing a car at the time), and it ran amazing during the drought weather but as soon as it rained it was over. First the cluster went out, then it gave me the dreaded no start/no crank.. Within a few days The cold weather caused the older battery to die, I got a brand new replacement from Wally world, and it still no start. The battery they sold me was a dud, had a dead cell, and wouldn't charge. So, I exchanged it and it fired up, I went and drove the car for two days, got the 2006 code for flap being stuck, and confirmed that the middle actuator is off the lever. Anyways, I went and washed the car, the dust was unbearable. I ran great in fact it ran all day until the next day when I had to pick my kid up. As soon as I got to the destination it wouldnt come out of park, so I shut it off and then it wouldnt turn over. Grrrrrr fustration. So, I go out to check the caar opened the aftermarket agm hood and for some reason it went into gear. I tried to call he local mercedes mechanic but they told me that I would have to wait, I was able to run all the stop signs to make it home (15 miles) Got it in my driveway and now its dead. I can get it to fire up with the green starter relay out bypassing it with two piece of metal, but it will not go into gear. The person I called a the local Mercedes mechanic said that it had water intrusion before I bought it. I went and checked the Sam unit under the hood everything looks fine and underneath looks amazing, the rear units also have zero signs of any water intrusion. I went ahead and tested the drain paths on the sunroof and found that water is staying stuck on the front passenger side, I was able to confirm that the water comes in on the right interior through the bezel directly over the distributor electronic boards under neath the passenger carpet. It also appears to be getting trapped where its supposed to drain on the right front passenger side. My question here is will those Distributors #A0055461040 and 0045468140 cause these issues? Upon visual inspection they both where corroded and the metal parts where green. I cleaned them and the wires and the no start got worse.
Heres some crazy codes im receiving w a basic scanner

u0101 tcm lost comm
u0109 lost comm w fuel pump
u0100 lost comm w ecm
u0121 lost comm w albs
lost commun w high speed comm bus perfomance
0521 (confirmed)
1433 comm w electronic selector module
0668 no definition
1405 comm w control unit trans has mal function
1373 comm w esp
2017 drive trans can bus
2269 pressure in fuel to low pressure circut to high
2081 comm w fuel pump.

Not sure the relays are good I can visually see that the fuses are fine.
​​​​​​​im having a very similar issue, and was wondering if you solved yours.
Old 09-20-2024, 03:08 PM

c350
Originally Posted by MinerMike
im having a very similar issue, and was wondering if you solved yours.
water go into the passenger floor and killed my can bus under the passenger side carpet. Check for water intrusion on both sides of the car those small cans get fried easy look for discolored on the metal areas that will tell you what’s going on. I got more issues with mine.