Sponsored by:

Question About Noise from GT63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT63
Question Question About Noise from GT63

I've noticed that whenever my steering wheel is at full lock and the car is moving slowly, I hear a vibration or noise inside the cabin. I've looked into this issue and found different opinions. One suggestion was the "Ackerman effect" due to the MPS 4 tires in the winter, given that I'm in New York. Another idea was that the noise could be caused by the MPS 4 Run Flat tires. During the same week, I reached out to the General Manager of the Mercedes Dealership and explained the issue. He mentioned it's normal for all AMG models and advised not to worry. Initially, I thought it might be the large 21-inch rims rubbing when the wheel was fully locked. I'm not sure whose advice to follow, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:00 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS
Ackerman effect is what you are experiencing
The following users liked this post:
GT63 (03-07-2024)
Old 03-07-2024, 11:51 PM

GT63
Question

Originally Posted by mr.rpm
Ackerman effect is what you are experiencing
Thanks for replying. Many people mention it might be the Ackerman effect, especially since I have Michelin Sport 4 Tires on in 20-30 degree weather. The car seems to be skipping on the concrete when the wheel is turning.
Old 03-08-2024, 12:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,910 Likes on 1,338 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...r-startup.html
The following users liked this post:
GT63 (03-09-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 02:34 PM

AMG GT53
I had the same thing in my 53 and it was driving me crazy. I thought it was in the passenger seat, but when testing with another person it we actually coming from the trunk area. I went as far as laying in the back while driving to identify the location. In the back, if you remove the upper trunk trim on the passenger side (in the US), you'll notice a few circuit connectors. One of them, which rattles the worst, they attempted to fix by wrapping in thin foam, which does basically nothing. You can use electrical tape to wedge in the connector and electrical tape it in to prevent most of it. I took it a step further and completely padded the area, there's also a connector under the lower panel trim you can do the same thing to. There was also an rattle in the side panel where you can remove the slot for your circuits, there's a metal structure that vibrates in ruff terrain, I used 80mil Kilmat to quiet it. It's in an area you can't wedge and sound was coming purely from vibrations.

Anyways, anyone else noticing a persistent rattle while driving can consider those areas. I actually tracked down a lot of intermittent rattles in different areas, I can go into detail on those if anyone wants, but those in the trunk were more or less the only ones causing persistent rattles.

Last edited by BenzTechGuru; 04-29-2024 at 02:36 PM.