C-Class (W206) 2021 to

Removing W206 Front Right Door Armrest Window Switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2024 | 01:07 PM

2022 C300 (W206)
Removing W206 Front Right Door Armrest Window Switch

Has anyone successfully taken apart the front right door armrest of a 2022 C300 (W206) to change the power window switch? I saw the DIY YouTube video from Chesttechner (
) and he shows the armrest top "easily" being slid back and removed from the bottom of the armrest. I have tried many, many times, but cannot get the top of the armrest to move at all. I am afraid any more pressure will break the assembly. Anyone else have luck separating the armrest? Any suggestions please! Thank you.

Video shows top (chrome) part sliding back and lifting off the lower (black) part. I cannot get it to move at all.
Old 09-16-2024 | 01:38 PM

Solution to your problem!

Originally Posted by BCNJ418
Has anyone successfully taken apart the front right door armrest of a 2022 C300 (W206) to change the power window switch? I saw the DIY YouTube video from Chesttechner (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO26Al7u-6U) and he shows the armrest top "easily" being slid back and removed from the bottom of the armrest. I have tried many, many times, but cannot get the top of the armrest to move at all. I am afraid any more pressure will break the assembly. Anyone else have luck separating the armrest? Any suggestions please! Thank you.

Video shows top (chrome) part sliding back and lifting off the lower (black) part. I cannot get it to move at all.

okay, so I like you watched the German video where he shows it just sliding slightly & coming apart easily. He has obviously tried it like you & I & broken an internal clip. I’m going to upload a video to my YouTube, showing briefly what you need to do, then it is actually easy. There is a clip you need to push. Hope it helps & my YouTube is mrsroslynwiseman8241
Old Today | 03:57 AM

2013 C300, 2023 C300
You need to remove the door panel and there are two screws behind it. Source I have done it once, let me know if you want WIS doc.