Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer or Indy? Suggestions for Portland or Seattle/Bellevue area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 09:12 PM

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts
2019 AMG GTC Solar Beam Yellow
Dealer or Indy? Suggestions for Portland or Seattle/Bellevue area?

I have a 2019 GTC w/3k miles. Due to age, I'd like to get the tranny service done this summer. Normally we'd do this ourselves, but I have a Fidelity warranty on it and I don't want to give them any reasons to not honor a repair should I have issues in the future, especially knowing the tranny's can be problematic.

I absolutely HATE taking my cars to the dealer. But, I'm going to have to bite the bullet. That said, can anyone recommend an Indy or Dealer in either Portland or Seattle/Bellevue they've had good experience with?

Appreciate anything you want to share!
Old 05-03-2024, 06:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Talking

Originally Posted by GTConn
I have a 2019 GTC w/3k miles. Due to age, I'd like to get the tranny service done this summer. Normally we'd do this ourselves, but I have a Fidelity warranty on it and I don't want to give them any reasons to not honor a repair should I have issues in the future, especially knowing the tranny's can be problematic.

I absolutely HATE taking my cars to the dealer. But, I'm going to have to bite the bullet. That said, can anyone recommend an Indy or Dealer in either Portland or Seattle/Bellevue they've had good experience with?

Appreciate anything you want to share!
Did I read your post right? You have a 2019 GTC with 3k miles? And you feel you need tranny work done? I would hope you would need NOT work done with 3k miles Maybe tires or injector clean if it sat forever not being driven. I am no mechanic but have owned quite a few vehicles in my life. So feel I should be on track with this
Old 05-03-2024, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by c400ry
Did I read your post right? You have a 2019 GTC with 3k miles? And you feel you need tranny work done? I would hope you would need NOT work done with 3k miles Maybe tires or injector clean if it sat forever not being driven. I am no mechanic but have owned quite a few vehicles in my life. So feel I should be on track with this
Hahaha! Yes you read that right. I had it brought over from NY last Aug with 1700 miles on it. Luckily whoever had it before me dutifully took it in every year for service.

I actually just talked to the dealership today in Wilsonville, OR as they are AMG certified and it looks like it's due for spark plugs at year 5 (so now) and tranny at year 6. We'll do spark plugs ourselves this year and I'll take it in next year for the tranny service.
Again, this is only due to having a Fidelity warranty. I don't want to give them any reason to deny anything should something happen.
Seems the weakest point for these cars is the tranny, so I wanna keep it happy.

Just FYI for anyone in the area. I was quoted $1443 for spark plugs ( 😱 ) and $1993 for the tranny service.

Absolutely LOVE this car!

The following users liked this post:
thebishman (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 08:22 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by GTConn
Hahaha! Yes you read that right. I had it brought over from NY last Aug with 1700 miles on it. Luckily whoever had it before me dutifully took it in every year for service.

I actually just talked to the dealership today in Wilsonville, OR as they are AMG certified and it looks like it's due for spark plugs at year 5 (so now) and tranny at year 6. We'll do spark plugs ourselves this year and I'll take it in next year for the tranny service.
Again, this is only due to having a Fidelity warranty. I don't want to give them any reason to deny anything should something happen.
Seems the weakest point for these cars is the tranny, so I wanna keep it happy.

Just FYI for anyone in the area. I was quoted $1443 for spark plugs ( 😱 ) and $1993 for the tranny service.

Absolutely LOVE this car!

Isn't the dealer basing the plugs on "normal" years and mileage? Again I can't think of why you would need plugs with 3k miles on it. Hasn't been enough use. Is a good looking ride. Had a yellow Mazda Protege 5 when I was younger. Always liked that color
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (05-03-2024)
Old 05-03-2024, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by c400ry
Isn't the dealer basing the plugs on "normal" years and mileage? Again I can't think of why you would need plugs with 3k miles on it. Hasn't been enough use. Is a good looking ride. Had a yellow Mazda Protege 5 when I was younger. Always liked that color
Ya it's year based..we don't HAVE to do it. But it's a good excuse to throw down pipes on, don't you think? 😈

Never cared for yellow cars...until I saw a Solarbeam Yellow on one of the many car review channels we watch on YouTube years ago. I always said...that's the ONLY yellow car I'd ever own. I'll probably never own another, but I sure love this one.