Boot / Trunk soft close Wiring Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
Boot / Trunk soft close Wiring Problem

Hi, I have a W220 S500 year 2000 LHD
Hi, I have searched everywhere, but I can't seem to find these answers.
The soft close on the boot does not work.
The issue first arose some time ago, when the boot lid was halfway down the soft close would activate, meaning you could not close the boot as it was locked.
As a quick fix, I found on the right of the boot lock an electrical connector it was blue with 2 cables one Brown ( I assume Ground ) and one Brown with a black Strip. I disconnected this cable and that stopped the soft close.
I now have the time to try and fix it. I have reconnected the connector and now the soft close does not trigger. The pump is not activated.

Therefore, I assume there is a break in the Brown black strip cable. I have tested the Brown and that does go to earth.

So my question is where does this cable go?

I can see that it goes to the retractable cable tensioner. After that it's difficult to trace, I have found on the right-hand side there is a connection Box that appears to have as well as other connectors, a single connector with a Brown Black Strip Cable. Does anyone know if this is the same cable? Or does it go elsewhere?
Old 05-23-2024, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
I thought i would add to this post as I have now resolved it, in case can help anyone else.

The cables exiting the cable retractor come out the same end they go in, so easy to follow. The Brown black strip cable that comes from the boot lock micro switch, comes out with a bunch of other cables in one connector that goes to a box on the right side of the boot. This cable was broken.

Note: the other Brown black strip cable is separated and has its own Connector, not in the bunch.