find correct cross refrence to source 12v 20A Relays for C32

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
find correct cross refrence to source 12v 20A Relays for C32

Hello all.
branc new here, first post, been reading your forums since I got the car in Feb.

I'm a touring musician, traveling with just a guitar and minimal gear. This car is great for long road trips.

I've been out in NC and had a breakdown...it was obviously a fuel starvation issue as it bogged shook and died.

2 tows later, I have done a ton of troubleshooting and it's looking like I need to replace at least one if not more of my 12v/20 amp relays...I have four.. Relay slot A...in the back...K and S and one other in the front...3up front and one in the trunk..after swapping none of them will allow me to get 12 v to fuse 52 for ignition.

After the initial issue, and the tow, it had crank...I swapped a couple of them...while testing..then all the sudden no crank...second tow...poked around with volt meter...found no 12v to fuse 52...swapped another couple relays after I read that relays S and K both effect ignition...achieved crank again..but then lost it all togethrr again...now Ive ruled out some things...the battery is good...I have 12.5 v at both the fuel pumps in the tank behind the passenger seat..I changed the filter behind the driver tire...after the fuel filter change, it ran again, but really crappy, no accelerator at all,...then again..no crank not even a click.

Fuse 4 is good... Fuse 48 has 12.5v
all fuses visually inspected ...and ohm meter tested for continuity..they all flow through

It appears that I do not have power to the K..and or S relays to feed number 52...I have fuel in the rail...

Hoping to get a solid link for cross referencing the hella12v20amp. Relays..I just want to replace them all
And also maybe links to known swappable relays.

I see a ton..they all look like mine..or similar.. can anyone point me towards somewhere to purchase the proper parts without paying 40$ each at auto zone..

Are a 12v 20amp relays the same as long as the pins are the same?

I know the cps is also sometimes a culprit to no crank...as well ax steering lock, shifter, brake light switch etc...I'm good on those I think.

I also see that maybe it could be an anti theft thing maybe too?... can anyone explain how to reset.
I've had the battery unhooked for about 4hours...possible reset?

Thanks in advance for any help.
900 miles from home, surviving on the kindness of everyone else's shared knowledge.

MACE
Old 05-03-2024, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 662 Posts
2013 C204 C250 Coupe
Hi Mace! Sorry I can’t help with your issues, but welcome to MBWorld. Hope you get it all sorted soon 😁
Old 05-04-2024, 10:27 AM

C32 AMG
Thank you!

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2024, 09:21 AM

C32 AMG
Cam & crank sensors on the way,crank achieved,still no start

Crank and cam sensors are on the way...

Achieved crank only again....
then unplugged the multi pin harness on the top of the throttle body...it was clicking

successfully started the motor with the harness unplugged...but it was in limp mode...expected...ran for about a minute, then died...now...no start again...even after that harness is plugged back in.

randomness of the intermittent crank issue...pointing more toward the cam or crank?...it was the next least expensive parts to throw at it...so far just fuel filter and cam and crank sensors...

I have a shopping cart with plugs,coils and plug wires on cue for the next step of my trouble shooting...
fuel filter was still the original...so Im also looking at inspecting the entire rear sam after reading of over heating the fuse and or fuel pump relay due to lack of fuel flow...

Also in consideration the 150$ Pfiegler Fuel Pump...I have 12.5 v at both pumps, while cranking...have not inspected the sending unit behind the driver seat yet...pouring rain today

Still wondering...are all 12v20a 4blade relays created equal?... if it fits, and it's the proper v\a...does it even matter where to source it?

Hopefully someone can get in and help soon. I'm about to my max ability to troubleshoot.

Thanks in advance,Mace

Last edited by MACE HATHAWAY; 05-05-2024 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Mis
Old 05-05-2024, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 906 Likes on 696 Posts
G550
I'm a DIY'er because I don't make a living with my fingers! Proceed with caution and good luck. Let us know the final resolution.