G Class (W463A) Produced 2019-Present: G550, G63 AMG

2024 New G63 (Pricing)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 02:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG G63 (2024), Alfa Romeo 4C Spider (2020), Jeep Wrangler 2-Door Rubicon (2018-manual transmission)
2024 New G63 (Pricing)

I've been searching for a new 2024 AMG G63 for 6 months in Magno Black with black interior. I finally found one and purchased it for $20k over MSRP after some heavy duty negotiations with my dealer. I took possession of the vehicle this past week and have been loving it (while driving it like a grandmother while waiting patiently for the 1k mile break-in period ). I live in Southern California and have talked to multiple dealers who were asking for $50k or more over MSRP. I've also spoken with some of my close friends in the auto business (both in sales and on the MB corporate side), whom have unanimously told me I got one of the best deals they have seen in SoCal since pre-pandemic.

For those of you with recent experience in acquiring a new 2024 G63, are my friends correct in that I received a good deal? Bear in mind I live in LaLaLand (i.e., SoCal). Thank you all in advance.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:14 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Hmmm
In SoCal thats what I heard, over msrp. But I won't pay over msrp, period.
I bought mine at msrp, $206k (ordered Nov 2023).
Old 05-12-2024, 03:52 PM

AMG G63 (2024), Alfa Romeo 4C Spider (2020), Jeep Wrangler 2-Door Rubicon (2018-manual transmission)
Originally Posted by uniqueMR
In SoCal thats what I heard, over msrp. But I won't pay over msrp, period.
I bought mine at msrp, $206k (ordered Nov 2023).
It's like that in SoCal for G63s. This is the first car I've had to pay over MSRP - and by a substantial amount where my MSRP was $209k. That's why it took me over 6 months while I talked to pretty much every dealer within 200 mile radius. They all wanted an unfathomable markup (most of them by $50k or more) even if I custom ordered and waited for it. I finally surrendered and went in, negotiating the best deal I could based on my thorough research. Which state did you get yours and what color/specs did you get? I would be interested in your ownership impressions. Thank you.
Old 05-12-2024, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 541 Likes on 359 Posts
2023 G63
That’s a good job in SoCal for sure. Congrats on the new car!
The following users liked this post:
AmyC (05-12-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 05:03 PM

Thank you. It was a large purchase for me, but I somehow justified it in my head as an "investment"...
Hodog16 (05-12-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 01:33 PM

I just found out that my friend in Washington State is picking up his on Wednesday. He ordered it to his specifications, which are nearly identical to mine - except he chose the "Platinum Magno (matte)" for the exterior. He submitted his order with his dealer about 6 months ago, and is paying $45k in ADM. Now I don't feel too guilty for paying $20k in ADM for mine... At the end of the day, I think it varies from state to state/city to city. Some dealers will charge a higher ADM for those in its inventory, but some will charge more for personal orders. At the end of the day, I suppose it doesn't really matter for vehicles in this price range. The key is to be happy with your purchase.

I just made my first grocery run in my new G63. I didn't realize until I noticed while I was checking my eyeliner against the visor mirror that I was smiling the entire time... A very happy girl here!
LA90094 (05-13-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 07:01 PM

G63
Hi Amy. I'm new to MBWorld and live in the LA area. You have definitely scored a FANTASTIC deal in the SoCal market. You are right on point as most dealers in SoCal are asking for $50k ADM at a minimum - especially for the magno black. For whatever reason, dealers seem less willing to negotiate on the magno black than any other exterior color. I purchased mine yesterday and am super excited about picking it up tomorrow. I have been searching for one matching my specs since last summer, and ended up paying $27k ADM (you're a better negotiator than I am at getting it down to $20k ). It looks like my G63 will be twins with yours - magno black matte exterior, black interior, and night package. I'm partial to this combination as it makes the car look so nondescript, yet ominous. I hope you are enjoying yours. I will keep the folks on this board up to date regarding my experience. Many thanks in advance to those knowledgeable people on this board as this will be my first AMG.
AmyC (05-14-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 12:29 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
e63s or amg gt 4door
Originally Posted by AMGRonin
Hi Amy. I'm new to MBWorld and live in the LA area. You have definitely scored a FANTASTIC deal in the SoCal market. You are right on point as most dealers in SoCal are asking for $50k ADM at a minimum - especially for the magno black. For whatever reason, dealers seem less willing to negotiate on the magno black than any other exterior color. I purchased mine yesterday and am super excited about picking it up tomorrow. I have been searching for one matching my specs since last summer, and ended up paying $27k ADM (you're a better negotiator than I am at getting it down to $20k ). It looks like my G63 will be twins with yours - magno black matte exterior, black interior, and night package. I'm partial to this combination as it makes the car look so nondescript, yet ominous. I hope you are enjoying yours. I will keep the folks on this board up to date regarding my experience. Many thanks in advance to those knowledgeable people on this board as this will be my first AMG.
Why are you paying 27k over sticker for the old model. They are gonna struggle to sell the older model in a few months and there should be no adm anymore.
If your still paying adm on 2024 you are getting scammed.
You're better buying a used 2023 or 2022.

Last edited by AMG2019; 05-15-2024 at 12:38 AM.
EJKaufman (05-15-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 08:47 AM

Received 227 Likes on 161 Posts
G63, G65
Originally Posted by AmyC
I've been searching for a new 2024 AMG G63 for 6 months in Magno Black with black interior. I finally found one and purchased it for $20k over MSRP after some heavy duty negotiations with my dealer. I took possession of the vehicle this past week and have been loving it (while driving it like a grandmother while waiting patiently for the 1k mile break-in period ). I live in Southern California and have talked to multiple dealers who were asking for $50k or more over MSRP. I've also spoken with some of my close friends in the auto business (both in sales and on the MB corporate side), whom have unanimously told me I got one of the best deals they have seen in SoCal since pre-pandemic.

For those of you with recent experience in acquiring a new 2024 G63, are my friends correct in that I received a good deal? Bear in mind I live in LaLaLand (i.e., SoCal). Thank you all in advance.
Congrats on your new truck. Sounds like you did plenty of research, and if you wanted to buy local you would have to spend over MSRP on it. I'd say your $20K over is about what is to be expected given your market. More importantly, you got something you desired and it puts a smile on your face. I'd say that's justification enough! Enjoy!
Old 05-15-2024, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 453 Likes on 371 Posts
'25 EQG deposit, '21 718 Spyder & '20 HD Fatboy
Based on the reviews of the 2025 models I cannot see any dealer charging ADM for a 2024, no matter where one lives. And as stated in another thread here, new G's can be ordered at MSRP at a lot of dealers. If someone wants to buy from the nearest dealer and not shop around they may wind up paying more so that does need to be considered, especially in SOCAL.

Last edited by Bob Z.; 05-15-2024 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:16 AM

G63
Originally Posted by AMG2019
Why are you paying 27k over sticker for the old model. They are gonna struggle to sell the older model in a few months and there should be no adm anymore.
I wanted to stick with local dealers and these dealers haven't moved much on the ADM for the 2024 G63. I called and visited all of the dealers in my vicinity for months, and none of them would budge much - especially on the black magno. I think the car culture and demand in SOCAL remains strong, and there is simply too much wealth accumulated in this region. I'm actually happy with the $27k ADM based on what I have witnessed in SoCal since I started my search.

I am absolutely not interested in the 2025 model because I want to get the final year model with a pure V8 Biturbo engine without the 2025 electrification assistance. I know we will eventually have to move to all electric vehicles, so I wanted to get one without electrification before they disappear.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by AMGRonin
Hi AMGRonin. A big congratulations on your purchase! It sounds like you and I have both been searching for the same specs for a long time. I agree with your comments on ADMs for magno black - at least in the LA region. The dealers I visited were willing to reduce (but not eliminate) the ADM on other colors, but an ADM reduction on the magno black was pretty much a non-starter for SoCal dealers. You and I indeed do have matching twin 2024 G63's. I absolutely adore the night package as it makes the car pop without making an over-the-top statement. BTW, your description of "nondescript, yet ominou" is right on point and exactly what I was aiming for. Have fun with yours and be safe!
Old 05-15-2024, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Based on the reviews of the 2025 models I cannot see any dealer charging ADM for a 2024, no matter where one lives. And as stated in another thread here, new G's can be ordered at MSRP at a lot of dealers. If someone wants to buy from the nearest dealer and not shop around they may wind up paying more so that does need to be considered, especially in SOCAL.
Hi Bob. I really did perform my due diligence in SoCal for months. No dealer was willing to give me a significant reduction on the ADM for the 2024 magno black specs I chose. I eventually did end up buying mine from a local dealer. He started with a $50k ADM and we finally settled for $20k ADM after hours of negotiation. He had a limited "Grand Edition" on the showroom floor that he was pushing on and was willing to reduce the ADM on that one so the total purchase price would be nearly identical to that of my specs. I quickly passed on the Grand Edition. The Grand Edition was simply too loud for my taste. Have you ever seen one in person? So many gold racing stripes/trimmings, and even gold wheels... I told him I would have to be a rapper with gold teeth and matching neck chains to pull that one off. He even he had to laugh and agree.

I am happy with my purchase on the financial front. More importantly, I am ecstatic every time I use mine, which is exactly how a nice car is supposed to affect the owner. It seems I am happier each day than the previous day when I drive it. On the macro market, I honestly believe the ADMs on the 2024's truly do vary region-by-region and state-by-state. For the LA/SoCal area, we are simply dealt with the hand of paying the highest (or one of the highest) premiums in the country, which I realize may be difficult for out-of-state/area residents to comprehend or digest. Also, LA/SoCal dealers will not sell G63's (or at least, not the black magno specs) to out-of-state buyers unless the buyers pay the same ADMs and arrange for their own shipping.

With regard to the 2025's, I positively have absolutely NO interest. Even though the 2025 G63's will still have a V8 Biturbo engine, it will likely be assisted electronically. I'm also not a fan of the slightly downward-sloping hood design which, IMHO, runs against the grain of the g-class classic design (even though I'm certain it will improve the vehicle's aerodynamics). I want to stay away from any electrification for as long as I can as I know eventually all manufacturers will have to head toward pure electtrification by law.

Have a great day and stay safe.
Old 05-15-2024, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Butcher
Congrats on your new truck. Sounds like you did plenty of research, and if you wanted to buy local you would have to spend over MSRP on it. I'd say your $20K over is about what is to be expected given your market. More importantly, you got something you desired and it puts a smile on your face. I'd say that's justification enough! Enjoy!
Thank you, The Butcher. I did indeed really perform my due diligence within a 200-mile radius of my home before pulling the trigger. I very much appreciate your kind words, and yes - driving it does put a big smile on my face.

Stay safe.
The Butcher (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 09:43 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Hmmm
It's like that in SoCal for G63s. This is the first car I've had to pay over MSRP - and by a substantial amount where my MSRP was $209k. That's why it took me over 6 months while I talked to pretty much every dealer within 200 mile radius. They all wanted an unfathomable markup (most of them by $50k or more) even if I custom ordered and waited for it. I finally surrendered and went in, negotiating the best deal I could based on my thorough research. Which state did you get yours and what color/specs did you get? I would be interested in your ownership impressions. Thank you.
PM sent!!

Last edited by uniqueMR; 05-16-2024 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-17-2024, 07:30 AM

Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts
mclaren 720s
Originally Posted by AMG2019
this is not true… the difference between the models is very limited and there are pluses and minus for each… this has been widely discussed. I am a good example, i pulled out of an early allocation for ‘25. Will wait another year or so. Maybe 2 years. No rush. a G63 is a G63. Even prior models still retain solid values.
The following 2 users liked this post by spourreza:
AmyC (05-18-2024), tonygwagon (05-17-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 10:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
G63

congrats. 20k is fair for SoCal. Ive seen similar deals but there's big value in getting the spec you want.

SoCal and Dallas seem to be the strongest markets. Other markets are certainly lower.
Old 05-17-2024, 03:37 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GT63S
congratulations on the purchase! have fun and enjoy!
AmyC (05-18-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by spourreza
this is not true… the difference between the models is very limited and there are pluses and minus for each… this has been widely discussed. I am a good example, i pulled out of an early allocation for ‘25. Will wait another year or so. Maybe 2 years. No rush. a G63 is a G63. Even prior models still retain solid values.
I couldn't agree with you more. To each his/her own. We all have different personal preferences. I personally think you are making a wise move to hold off on the 2025. New models always have glitches and kinks during the 1st year. Good luck with your upcoming model - be that a '25 or later. The planning and anticipation phase is so undervalued.
spourreza (05-21-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 06:09 PM

Received 107 Likes on 79 Posts
G550
The planning and anticipation phase is so undervalued.
100%, I probably enjoy planning and obsessing over every color, wheel choice, and option on my next G as much as I do driving my current one. lol
The following 2 users liked this post by tonygwagon:
AmyC (05-18-2024), EJKaufman (05-18-2024)
Old 05-18-2024, 11:04 PM

G63
Originally Posted by tonygwagon
100%, I probably enjoy planning and obsessing over every color, wheel choice, and option on my next G as much as I do driving my current one. lol
I couldn't agree with you more. "Obsessing" is the perfect descriptive word for the process and anticipation. As for Amy who started this thread, I personally think she got an outstanding price for her G63 - especially in SoCal. I should have hired her to negotiate against the dealer for me as she got a better purchase price than I did.