2022 Mercedes-Benz EQB recalled due to roll-away risk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 02:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
EQB 300
2022 Mercedes-Benz EQB recalled due to roll-away risk

Just came across this news item in another forum that MB is going to be replacing the front motor of EQB 300s/350s manufactured between 02/2022 - 03/2023.
Autoblog: 2022 EQB Recalled due to roll-away risk.

That means that mine will need to go for a replacement sometime (soon?). And from the looks of it this feels like a really complex job - we are talking days and not hours.

I do not think I am in any particular hurry to get this done given how fuss free (except for the two extra visits for software updates) my experience has been so far. Besides, I am a little wary of the dealership's ability to carry out this repair, given how much they depend on MB-HQ for issue diagnosis and their lack of experience given the limited sales of the EQB. How does you feel about it?

Last edited by EQBFan; 05-20-2024 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2024, 07:32 AM

Received 297 Likes on 194 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by EQBFan
Just came across this news item in another forum that MB is going to be replacing the front motor of EQB 300s/350s manufactured between 02/2022 - 03/2023.
Autoblog: 2022 EQB Recalled due to roll-away risk.

That means that mine will need to go for a replacement sometime (soon?). And from the looks of it this feels like a really complex job - we are talking days and not hours.

I do not think I am in any particular hurry to get this done given how fuss free (except for the two extra visits for software updates) my experience has been so far. Besides, I am a little wary of the dealership's ability to carry out this repair, given how much they depend on MB-HQ for issue diagnosis and their lack of experience given the limited sales of the EQB. How does you feel about it?
Yah,the article says "straight forward fix", but replacing an electric drive unit is big. I'm not clear from the article...so it must be just certain vehicles built in that window, and somehow MB can identify those? Because surely a lot more EQB's were built within that window of time.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
EQB 300
Originally Posted by nath_h
Because surely a lot more EQB's were built within that window of time.
Yes, I was also a bit surprised by that number. I would guess MB would likely have sold more than 300 EQBs in CY 2023/ early 2024 in the US. I assume they would not have different vendors supplying the motor? or maybe its the part coming in from a particular vendor that was used in the motor? We will likely get more details in the coming few weeks/ months whether everyone with a MY22 needs to go in for a replacement or only a few select ones.
Old 05-23-2024, 09:47 AM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
My '23 EQB300 required a rear motor replacement. Car was in shop 16 days but that included a combination of diagnosis time plus receiving the part. It was a complex procedure and took about a day and a half of labor and included a 4 wheel alignment. One will assume that once the recall notices are sent, MB will have adequate parts on hand to complete the replacement.