E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

AMG Gen 1 Bumper and Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2024, 08:25 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
TBD
AMG Gen 1 Bumper and Fog Lights

Hello Everyone,

I just picked up my W124 wagon from the body shop after getting the AMG I bumpers and side skirts installed and the AMG fog lights in the front bumper. They wired the AMG Fog Lights to the factory fog lights but when I turn on my fog lights after a few minutes the 25A (Blue) Fuse seems to be blown. Any ideas? Can I just use a 30A or 40A fuse in that location?

Anyone else have this issue or how are your secondary fog lights wired? Do you use a second switch?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-30-2024, 02:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W215/X164/W124
Originally Posted by ryguy993
Hello Everyone,

I just picked up my W124 wagon from the body shop after getting the AMG I bumpers and side skirts installed and the AMG fog lights in the front bumper. They wired the AMG Fog Lights to the factory fog lights but when I turn on my fog lights after a few minutes the 25A (Blue) Fuse seems to be blown. Any ideas? Can I just use a 30A or 40A fuse in that location?

Anyone else have this issue or how are your secondary fog lights wired? Do you use a second switch?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

try installing a relay each side to reduce the high current when turning on the headlamp fog light,
I think the issue is because it’s a daylight running fog light is not really a fog light. I might be wrong
Old Today, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 515 Likes on 384 Posts
222 S-65
One relay with a pair of output leads on the relay to operate the fog lights. Circuit must be fused. 15 amps will be plenty.

Sure seems like there is a an empty spot for another relay in the fuse box under the hood.

How burly of bulbs are fitted? Standard is 55 watts.