SLK55 (R171) 2004 - 2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

Manual swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2024, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SLK55 AMG
Manual swap

Hey folks, I'm new here. I did some searches and the info I found seems a bit old. Are there any companies that are doing manual swaps on these?
I have a 2006 SL55 AMG with about 31k miles on it and debating whether to sell it or manual swap it. The car feels and smells like new with brand-new roof seals. So, swapping seems a bit like brutalizing such a great example, but I don't like the auto tranny any more. It makes the car a bit boring.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Old Today, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220d Mercedes
Originally Posted by R-euge
Hey folks, I'm new here. I did some searches and the info I found seems a bit old. Are there any companies that are doing manual swaps on these?
I have a 2006 SL55 AMG with about 31k miles on it and debating whether to sell it or manual swap it. The car feels and smells like new with brand-new roof seals. So, swapping seems a bit like brutalizing such a great example, but I don't like the auto tranny any more. It makes the car a bit boring.

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Tavarish on YouTube was doing a project on this swap for a 6 speed manual, been over 8 years since he started it last update was 4 years ago with no update since,

He had a custom trans built from a BMW in Hungary but don't think he fitted it in the end, most are saying closest trans to swap for a SL55 is a Chrysler Crossfire, to make this type of project work.

Good luck with that 2006 SL55, wanted to do the same with a 2005 model, but will have to make a parts list to see if it'll work

Here's a vid of a successful E55 swap by jikkaks on YouTube, closest anyone's done to a swap