Mercedes Tech Talk Discuss general technical questions and issues about your Mercedes-Benz. Moderated by a certified MB Tech.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

9G tronic Transmission Health Slip Noticeable problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2024, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gle 350d
9G tronic Transmission Health Slip Noticeable problem

Hello,

I'm asking for someone who is familiar with Xentry transmission diagnostic to help. I changed the transmission oil and filter on my car transmission, and I didn't put enough oil in (2 litre short). Then I drove off and notice gear slipping, in particular when I drive up hill from gear 1-2.

I used Xentry to diagnose and when checking transmission health, it says Slips Noticeable problems. I then top up the oil, and used Xentry to correct oil level. Then the gear slipping problem has gone. The transmission is very smooth now.

However when I check transmission health, it still says slips Noticeable problem. Why is that? Is it a fault that is stored in the control module of the transmission? How can I erase this? General fault diagnosis returns no fault of the transmission.

Old 06-28-2024, 10:51 PM

Received 238 Likes on 164 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
Perform standstill adaptations to recalibrate. If you are not familiar with the process I would leave it alone if the transmission is working properly.
Old 06-29-2024, 10:18 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,603 Likes on 2,213 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
Perform standstill adaptations to recalibrate. If you are not familiar with the process I would leave it alone if the transmission is working properly.
Ya that is a good advice, reset the adaptation then perform that Forced/Stand still adaptation as mentioned.
Old 06-29-2024, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gle 350d
Originally Posted by MBENZTECH
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Ya that is a good advice, reset the adaptation then perform that Forced/Stand still adaptation as mentioned.
Thank you. I will try and let ya know.👍👍👍