Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2024, 01:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R class
W251 R300 '11 transmission won't shift

Hello everyone,

I have just acquired a R300 2011 petrol V6 M272. Vin WDC2511542A127853

The car has been in the workshop from last week to have it's oil and suspension parts (arm, bushings, etc) replaced since I'm planning to use it daily.
Even before I send the car to workshop the ride has been very comfortable and exceptional. Boy it wafts!

Today in the morning suddenly the engine initially won't crank. We called the mechanic and engine can turn on but transmission won't shift.
The mechanic then perform calibration to ISM and right now everything is good and car is now drivable to the repair shop for further checking.

I'm posting below the codes that come out after we did the scan. Current diagnose by the shop the problem comes from ISM . May I have your opinion please? Is ISM repairable or must be replaced to provide a long lasting fix?

Thank you everyone. Really appreciate the help it's my first Benz and I really like the car so far
Old 06-20-2024, 11:07 AM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes R320L CDI 4MATIC 2007
Originally Posted by MBforeva
Hello everyone,

I have just acquired a R300 2011 petrol V6 M272. Vin WDC2511542A127853

The car has been in the workshop from last week to have it's oil and suspension parts (arm, bushings, etc) replaced since I'm planning to use it daily.
Even before I send the car to workshop the ride has been very comfortable and exceptional. Boy it wafts!

Today in the morning suddenly the engine initially won't crank. We called the mechanic and engine can turn on but transmission won't shift.
The mechanic then perform calibration to ISM and right now everything is good and car is now drivable to the repair shop for further checking.

I'm posting below the codes that come out after we did the scan. Current diagnose by the shop the problem comes from ISM . May I have your opinion please? Is ISM repairable or must be replaced to provide a long lasting fix?

Thank you everyone. Really appreciate the help it's my first Benz and I really like the car so far
if you go to mercedes they will rip you off. it wiuld have to be a new item plus fitting and pairing up learning etc. This can be done only in merc as part not sold as such if not merc centre performs the job.

Besides the above, there is a company in bulgaria i think? Some reputable company who deals with advanced car electronics. I have done mine ism with them. They do part exchange, you get one from them which is refurbished and virginized ready for install and pairing and learning. You have to send your old one to them.

Also i would suggest first to make sure errors on scanner are not a result of any other possible er possible faults, i.e. communication with ism, cables, connectors, on ism side and dashboard side.

I can check this company name or link to their website if yiu wish? I dobt remeber it from my head.

Hope all above helps.