Sponsored by:

Please Help - 2019 C43 Exhaust Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 04:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2019 Mercedes C43
Please Help - 2019 C43 Exhaust Kit

I recently obtained a certified pre-owned C43. For the past couple weeks I have been doing as much research as physically possible to explore my options to mainly increase the sound without voiding the dealer's 1yr warranty and keeping it legal for emissions.

I have hit a road block and am quite confused and looking for feedback from other owners of the same vehicle. The main catalyst right now is the fact that I would really like to get a mid H-Pipe, which the options I'm considering are either Logos Engineering or SuperSprint. SuperSprint obviously has a downside of cost. Over $4k just for valved mufflers and I think over $3k for high-flow catted downpipes (later down the road once the warranty is up). Logos Engineering's catted downpipes are much more affordable. So that would be my first pick if it weren't for a couple things:
1) I don't want to say their customer service is terrible just yet, but I've sent them 2 emails in the last few days with no response.
2) I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but as of right now, my understanding is the rear mufflers connect to a single straight mid-pipe which then connect to the front pipe/stock downpipes, with 2 resonators in the middle. I'm very new to this so please correct me as harshly and forthrightly as possible - I'm assuming the underbody is set up to "frame" the stock single midpipe, thus a dual-parallel H-Pipe would not be possible to install without hitting some other parts and causing wear and heat damage. I hope someone can correct me on this and tell me they had the same stock single, straight midpipe and installed the Logos Engineering H-Pipe with no issues.

Additional info I would prefer to hear from Logos Engineering but since they're MIA, let's see if anyone here has any experience/knowledge with these concerns.
1) Do the Logos Engineering front pipes slip/bolt-on to the stock cat-downpipes without cutting/welding?
2) Are the Logos Engineering mufflers too long or an exact fit to the stock diffuser fake exhaust tips/ports?
3) I do not have the AMG performance exhaust . Will the Logos Engineering valves have to be hardwired to the trunk fuse box for power? Is this an easy install?
4) If I add the Logos Engineering front-mounted cold air intake, will this tip the scales in air/fuel ratio with the exhaust kit (stock cats and downpipes) enough to require a tune? This is important because I have pretty much decided to get their cold air intake (if they ever respond - email purchase only ), but like I said, I don't want to have to tune the car before the warranty is up.

And one more concern I have which is not related to Logos Engineering, is I looked up the OEM diagram of the underbody, and it looks like there's only 1 catalytic converter.. but the stock front pipe is a Y shape. I will attach the image I'm referencing and hopefully that also helps understand what I mean with the H-Pipe going into the stock "frame" straight, single midpipe. But the single cat is concerning and confusing to me as all of my research and products I've seen offer 2 catalytic converters and downpipes, a left and a right, for this car. But the OEM diagram shows only 1. I will also post the diagram for 2019 C63 where it clearly displays 2 catalytic converters, dispelling the idea that there are 2 cats in the 43 and they just decided not to show the second one. I don't know, I don't have a lift or jacks to look under the car, so I have to rely on online research and the experience of others.

stock muffler interface to diffuser fake tips

stock rear muffler

stock mufflers connecting to single straight midpipe - is there enough room to install an H-pipe which would have 2 parallel pipes running through the same space?

2019 C43 OEM diagram from Mercedes Benz parts for sale website

2019 C63 OEM diagram from Mercedes Benz parts for sale website

Last edited by toasty43; 06-25-2024 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-26-2024, 09:14 PM
SPONSOR

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts
Performance Information for SuperSprint Sport Cats

Hello everyone,
There's always a lot of talk about aftermarket sport cats. I wish to provide Factual Information regarding aftermarket sport cats.

Our downpipes have German made HJS catalytic converter within the housing. Our business relationship with HJS dates back to the late 1980s. A very long time!

The HJS catalytics are universally (world wide) aknowledged as the #1 catalytic converter product in the automotive
performance industry, being the VERY BEST in terms of flow, emissions
reduction, strength and durability, HJS Cats they are used by virtually all of
the automotive manufacturer brands, Motorsport and Racing Divisions in Europe.

HJS has an extremely wide range of Cats and SuperSprint specifies specifically to HJS the desired Cat Cores by
selecting them from the HJS options program, in 93mm, 108mm, 120mm, 130mm and
147mm sizing. We then tailor them to the Supersprint exhausts based on the
engine capacity, horsepower, RPM range and other important factors are taken into consideration. When any car arrives to our R&D facility, we perform the necessary Dyno tests at our Dyno booth, to understand what is best course of action for the vehicle being upgraded with a new SuperSprint exhaust system.

Each Cat can be ordered in several length options. We use; 100 CPSI and
200 CPSI Cats exclusively, because they offer the highest flowing
capacity!

All of our exhausts are designed to guarantee the best performance
gains, with no loss of power when compered to the Supersprint equivalent full system, but made with straight pipes. The SuperSprint sport cats exhaust flow is equal to straight pipes, except having the Super Sprint cats, you are not emitting the harmful pollutants into the atmosphere.

The majority of the time, our Sport Cats do not trigger the car's CEL (check engine light).
How is this possible? Along with our precise optimal design, our 100 cell and 200 cell sport cats have a "proprietary" design which incorporates very dense amount of precious metals; Platinum, Rhodium, Palladium and other rare metals. Our sport cats are a "premium" exhaust part for your car, made with the highest of standards and custom designed for your individual vehicle.
Our catalytic cells are made exclusively for Super Sprint Italy by HJS of Germany.

https://hjs-motorsport.de/en/products/motorsport

Catalytic converters can be made without precious metals, such as Platinum, Rhodium, Palladium. This type of sport cat is however not fully efficient in neutralizing the harmful CO2 gases. This is why many other brand sport cats cause the cars check engine light to be triggered.

Alternative materials that can be used are less expensive, such as cerium, lanthanum, copper, nickel and iron based catalysts. However, it is worth noting that highly dense precious metal catalysts are more efficient in successfully reducing CO2 emissions and last longer.

HJS/SuperSprint catalysts have higher strength, greater flow, and a high level of precious metals, which makes the cost higher than other brand catalysts/sport cats. Also the special configuration (S-Winding) of the cell, developed by HJS, completely prevents exhaust leakage phenomena, which is very common in "other brand" cheaper catalysts.

For this reason, we are an advocate against going Catless, being able to offer a true performance exhaust developed, for each individual car model, which makes the same gains as running without Cats, or better.

Another critical factor are the merge cones, on both the inlet and the
outlet sides, which are designed by SuperSprint, making them to our own specs (length, angle,
volume, bending angle), and the product is built in house at our fabrication department/factory located here in Italy.

We do not use the HJS basic standard cones, because our own lightweight collectors which are tested and proven, guarantee a better flow overall. HJS supplies us with the catalytic cores only. The cores are then fitted and installed into the SuperSprint catalytic housing.

SuperSprint is absolutely confident in saying, the Supersprint performance exhaust design for each individual sportscar model is complemented by the HJS
Motorsport Cat to perfection, extracting the full engine potential and
offering the most gains both in peak HP and in low to midrange torque. Last, we price ourselves for being able to develop a premium exhaust system, exhaust muffler and or Sport Cats which does not result in offensive unpleasant tones & sounds, from the exhaust system. There is no droning sound or raspy tone emitted from the Sport Cats and or the exhaust muffler. You only hear a very loud agressive sound.

We at SuperSprint Italy sincerely believe our sport cats (and exhaust muffler)
are the absolute best in quality and performance results, which makes our product the very best aftermarket choice for your car.
SuperSprint Italy's
premium quality sport cats are a worthy investment for your car.

Asian/Chinese made Sport Cats are worthless and possibly worse in terms of performance, than having the the OEM catalytic converter.

If you have any questions, please contact me directly. I will do my best for you.

robert.c@supersprint.com

Thank you everyone!
Respectfully,
Roberto

https://www.supersprint.com/ww-ru/me...onverters.aspx

Last edited by Supersprint Sport Exhausts; 06-26-2024 at 09:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:22 PM

Received 72 Likes on 57 Posts
2015 C400 4MATIC Palladium Silver Metallic
First, let me answer your concerns about tuning and mods.

No, definitively no. You don't need a tune for a cold air intake and a cat-back exhaust. The stock Mercedes ECU is more than capable of accommodating those mods without fear of a check engine light (assuming your car is otherwise healthy).

Yes, the stock W205 exhaust has a single mid pip with y-pipes at either end (the y-pipe collector that connects to the cats also incorporates a resonator). The C63 W205 exhaust has dual mid pipes that connect one Cat to one muffler.. Both exhausts are designed to fit in the W205 chassis.

The Logos is a hybridized version with dual mid pipes to connect the downpipes and mufflers and with an H-pipe for improved sound. It is specifically designed for M276 Twin turbo V6 cars with the 9 speed transmission.

Last edited by TwoC400s; 06-27-2024 at 07:24 PM.