S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Brake Pedal Switch is missing on this W221 S63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 S63 AMG
Brake Pedal Switch is missing on this W221 S63

Hi! The problem is this car can start without hitting the brake... so I take a look at the brake pedal to look for the brake switch and found out there was nothing, I can see the hole that we put the Switch in but didn't see it there and also no connectors was around it. The brake light is still work fine on this car, still lights up when we hit the brake. The only problem like I said is the car still can start up without hitting the brake. Can anyone help me with this? Or the Switch is locate at the different place? I also took a look at the master cylinder and didn't see anything could be like it. Thanks!

I could see that is the hole of the Switch but it didn't be there...

Also no connectors of the switch is be around this place... seems like it totally missing...

Old Today, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes S550 W221
Hey, Do you have the keyless go option with the push start button or just the regular key. If you want try looking at your cars ignition circuit if it really concerns you route the line until you find the issue, if it were me if it aint affecting me I wouldn't touch it, although with some key twist vehicles you can just start the car without your foot on the brake maybe your brake has play? Ik my dads old merc had that issue where the brake pedal was too loose.
The following users liked this post:
DeezWhat578 (Today)