2010 E350cdi odd starting problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 05:48 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
e class
2010 E350cdi odd starting problem

It's never let me down so far but my 2010 E350 occasionally has starting issues
Occasionally I will start it and the engine fires up then immediately dies. The next time (usually) it starts fine. One time it took 3 goes I think.
Also occasionally I put the key in and turn and nothing happens. Taking the key out and trying again usually works fine. The dash has sometimes not lit up properly (like it hasn't recognised the key) and also has done this with the lights on the dash looking ok
As I said it has never not started but it does make me think, what if?
I am going on holiday in it in a month's time - is there anything I can get checked that could cause these issues?
Old 06-30-2024, 07:43 AM

Received 221 Likes on 127 Posts
2011 Mercedes E350 4Matic Wagon
Originally Posted by djneils
Occasionally I will start it and the engine fires up then immediately dies. The next time (usually) it starts fine. One time it took 3 goes I think.
Also occasionally I put the key in and turn and nothing happens. Taking the key out and trying again usually works fine. The dash has sometimes not lit up properly (like it hasn't recognised the key) and also has done this with the lights on the dash looking ok
I am going on holiday in it in a month's time - is there anything I can get checked that could cause these issues?
You need to hook up a code reader and scan the vehicle for faults. I would also check the condition of the main battery and auxiliary battery if they haven't been replaced under your ownership.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 08:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,394 Likes on 2,576 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Originally Posted by djneils

Sounds like an electrical issue.
Go to your front SAM at engine bay, there are a few relays there. Relay R can give you some of the problems you mentioned.
Its a weakening relay, not totally dead yet.
Relay R also has a TSB on some production dates/model.
https://www.tsbsearch.com/Mercedes-B...54-15-P-057373