E-Class (W214) 2024 -

What tires did your E come with? Tire Recommendations and Brake Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2024, 09:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
W214 2024 E450
What tires did your E come with? Tire Recommendations and Brake Performance

I got the 20 inch AMG wheels on my new E450, they look stunning, even more so in person but these wheels came with Continental EcoContact 6Q, has anyone had these tires before? What is your experience with them?

The E drives beautifully and while the 20 inch wheels do make for a slightly harsher ride, I think the Air suspension makes up for it and I would prefer not having an excessively floaty ride.

One thing that has thrown me a little off so far is the brake performance has been sub optimal, perhaps it's just the brakes being broken in but I'm used to the more grabby brakes of my older 3 series. It seems like I really need to apply more force to the pedal to achieve a similar effect and even then it kind of feels like the E tends to slow itself gradually over having a more powerful stopping effect. I'm wondering if it might be due to the tires having low rolling resistance, am I overthinking this?
Old 07-04-2024, 03:01 PM

Received 115 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 C300 AMG-Line; 2020 E450; 2013 SLK350
Originally Posted by lelouch0202
I got the 20 inch AMG wheels on my new E450, they look stunning, even more so in person but these wheels came with Continental EcoContact 6Q, has anyone had these tires before? What is your experience with them?

The E drives beautifully and while the 20 inch wheels do make for a slightly harsher ride, I think the Air suspension makes up for it and I would prefer not having an excessively floaty ride.

One thing that has thrown me a little off so far is the brake performance has been sub optimal, perhaps it's just the brakes being broken in but I'm used to the more grabby brakes of my older 3 series. It seems like I really need to apply more force to the pedal to achieve a similar effect and even then it kind of feels like the E tends to slow itself gradually over having a more powerful stopping effect. I'm wondering if it might be due to the tires having low rolling resistance, am I overthinking this?
I have a W206 with soft/mushy brakes… not the usual grabby ones on my W213. I understand this is typical of new MBs with regen braking system. No longer are these brakes sharp and grabby, now they are just somewhat mushy and takes getting used to. Sorry to break it to you…
Old 07-09-2024, 11:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
W214 2024 E450
I'm at about 200 miles now and I feel it's gotten better so perhaps it really was the just breaking in.
Old 07-11-2024, 02:03 AM

Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts
2021 AMG E63 S Wagon
I have the wagon with 20" wheels and the car came in with cheap Bridgestone Turanza T005 which will be replaced this week with Michelins. Continental EcoContact 6Q seems like it's a decent tire tbh - twice as expensive as my bridgestones.
Had the same first impression about the brakes too but then you gotta remember that pads and rotors need to be worked it - it usually happens within first 200 miles.
Old 07-12-2024, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E300 W214
I have the 20 inch AMG multispoke polished silver wheels, they came with Pirelli PZ4 tires
Old 07-13-2024, 11:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E350
Are these run flats
Old 07-13-2024, 11:26 AM
Veteran: Army

Received 95 Likes on 66 Posts
W214 E450
Mine has the 20" Multispoke AMG wheels and came with Pirelli PZ4 tires. These are not run flats tires.
Old 07-13-2024, 12:40 PM

Mercedes E300 W214
Originally Posted by CharlieZR
Are these run flats
Mine are not run flat, they came with the Tire Repair kit
Old Today, 04:51 AM

E220d AMG line W214
Originally Posted by lelouch0202

Mine came withe these Continental EcoContact 6Q on 20” AMG wheels.
These tires were bad in the dry as soon as you push them a tiny bit and extremely - dangerously bad in the wet. I replaced them after 2.000km (after 3 days driving in the rain). Those were the worst tires I used in over 10 years on any car and any surface.

I cannot comprehend that CO2 emmisions are above safety for Mercedes, and they decide to install such poor and unsafe tires as a factory fit.

Replaced them with new model Vredestein Ultrac Pro UHP tires and the car feels very nice, stable, safe and convincing in both dry and wet conditions.
Braking performance also of course improved with new tires.

Last edited by Another Cheetah; Today at 04:58 AM.