E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2018 E300 4Matic Sport -- upgrading to an AMG steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2024, 02:28 PM

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts
2018 E300 4Matic Sport
2018 E300 4Matic Sport -- upgrading to an AMG steering wheel

Hello all -- so I've done the searches, read different threads and posts, and still confused. I am interested in upgrading my current, stock steering wheel for an AMG steering wheel. Some posts say, yes, it's easy, plug and play, others say "should be" plug and play, a few posts say, no, you need to re-program certain things, and a of the settings might not work...and so on and so on. I am sure a lot of this depends on what AMG wheel you buy -- MB, other manufacturer, etc.

I guess my question is -- if I buy an actual AMG steering wheel, OEM, from MB -- is there a way to know, can a dealer tell me -- will it work when it's properly installed? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2024, 12:50 AM

Received 117 Likes on 93 Posts
04 E55, 06 E55, 05 G55, 14 E63s, 12 cls63
Originally Posted by BoMB
Hello all -- so I've done the searches, read different threads and posts, and still confused. I am interested in upgrading my current, stock steering wheel for an AMG steering wheel. Some posts say, yes, it's easy, plug and play, others say "should be" plug and play, a few posts say, no, you need to re-program certain things, and a of the settings might not work...and so on and so on. I am sure a lot of this depends on what AMG wheel you buy -- MB, other manufacturer, etc.

I guess my question is -- if I buy an actual AMG steering wheel, OEM, from MB -- is there a way to know, can a dealer tell me -- will it work when it's properly installed? Thanks in advance.
so couple things.
1. which amg wheel are you looking to update to?
you have a w205 prefacelift style wheel right now. To upgrade to the prefacelift w205 amg wheel you’ll need to transfer your buttons and computer board in the wheel. If you have the single piece trim you’ll need an airbag too

2. if upgrading to a 2020 style wheel you’ll need wheel, airbag and programming for the wheel
You won’t lose any actual functions. The cruise control button on the wheel won’t work but will off the stalk. Everything else works.
Old Today, 05:19 AM

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
W213 220d from 2016
I would not trust any advise given for a C class (W205) to fit an E class