E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Ignition dead, suspected Central locking, please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E270cdi Elegance 2002
Ignition dead, suspected Central locking, please help

Hi all, i'm really hoping someone can help me as i'm getting desperate. I have a 2002 E270CDI W211. In March the front passenger window stuck, i removed the door card and had a look, it needed the whole cable mecahanism replacing. I had to drive my car so i left the door card off and drove it, i had red message saying door open. i ginored it and the next day i replaced the door card but still had the same message. a week later i went to unlock car with the fob one morning and it was dead. i manually unlocked the car and the key in ignition was dead, not even the noise from ESL. weeks later i had it diagnosed on my drive by some 2 bit mechanic and he said the ignition was dead and that i needed to get another and have it cloned to mine. So, i did that, it took weeks here in spain and cost 300 euros. it came back with a note saying nothing was wrong with my original EIS . I plugged both in and ignition still dead.
I got online and saw many posts saying 'Usually its a faulty ESL'. I bought an ESL emulator, removed my ESL (what a friking job that was) and plugged in the emulator. Ignition is still dead. Only thing working in car is interior lights (and the emulator lit up with a red light).

I am now suspecting it has something to do with me removing the door card and the central locking getting out of syn or something has blown. (i have checked all fuses....constantly through out the whole 4 month ordeal of trying to fix it). It's now cost me 600 euros and still no car to get to work.
PS, i tried to do a CL reset by putting in key for 10secs holding lock button the pressing unlock at the same time 5 times. Please help..... snif snif
Old 07-23-2024, 12:43 AM

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts
2006 E280
What's your battery voltage?
Old 07-24-2024, 04:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E270cdi Elegance 2002
hi, 14.3v batteries are fine.