CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

2008 clk350 cabriolet front rear suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350
2008 clk350 cabriolet front rear suspension

Hi everyone hoping for some assistance on a 08 clk350 cabriolet, 75k miles with I believe standard suspension (looking to keep it stock as it's my wife's car. )

The front suspension has a bit of jitter when hitting minor bumps, divots in the road. And the rear has a lot of bounce to it as well. Since I'm more familiar with American cars I figured I would post here to get some clarification on where and what parts to order.

Im guessing for the rear I need to replace rear shocks absorbers. Is there anything else in that area that I will need to replace in addition to the shocks? Any mounts or bushings that would be required while I'm in there replacing shocks?

For the front im assuming it's best to get a front end suspension kit of some kind (control arms, bushings, struts etc), but I'm unsure as to what kit(s) to get and what should be included. And what else might I need in addition to the kit(s)?

I'm looking at FCP Euro for the parts and for the front suspension it's a bit confusing as to what kit(s) /parts to get? FCP Euro also doesn't seem to have anything for the rear shocks?

Any help is appreciated!

Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 423 Likes on 349 Posts
MB’s
It sounds like the suspension is due for a refresh. However if everything checks out OK do keep in mind these CLK’s have Cowl Shake. In other words they are not the most solid stable cars when hitting a bump. Especially cabriolets. FCP Euro has everything you will need.Control arms, bushings and front struts are the best place to start. Even though the miles are pretty low it’s the time that take its toll