E-Class (W214) 2024 -

Assyst Plus Sticks to 365 Days after 4 Days of Ownership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
Assyst Plus Sticks to 365 Days after 4 Days of Ownership?

Hi Everyone!

I picked up my car on Thursday July 25th, and I love it! Everything is great. However I noticed that the Assyst Plus on the car (and in the Mercedes Me Connect App) has been stuck on service in 365 days since I picked it up. I put about 92 miles on the car since I've have it, and I picked it up Thursday and today is Sunday. I wonder if the dealer forgot to take it out of "dealer mode" or something? I don't know if that is even a thing? Or if godforbid the system is broken?

My guess is maybe it starts after a few days of putting miles on the car? I have no idea. Just wanna make sure it works as I spent a good amount of money on this car lol.

Thanks in advance!
Old Yesterday, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,570 Posts
2019 C63CS
I didn't pay attention to it when my current car was new, but the Mercedes me app either shows an actual date when the service is due or the amount of miles left till the next service. It depends on how much you drive as the service interval is every 10k miles or 12 months whichever comes first. Wouldn't be surprising if the system has to calibrate itself first when the car is new, given it has no historical data yet. Is the app showing you an actual service date and if so does the date keep moving?

Last edited by superswiss; Yesterday at 04:11 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
Thank you so much for your response. I didn't check the date before today, and it says service is due 7/28/2025 (365 days). However, I distinctly remember when I brought the car home on Thursday, it says 365 days on the car's left screen when I checked. Then when I drove it a lot on Friday, I'm almost positive it said service in mileage (on the app), like 9,700 and change). So I'm not sure. I know that I put about 65-70 miles on the car in about two days, and then drove my mustang yesterday because the weather was beautiful. The E350 will be my daily driver. But not sure why it went back to 365 days. Thats my guess too, maybe it needs some information. I checked my car's date on the door and it was built in 5/24. So I assumed maybe they reset the counter before they delivered it to me on Thursday? But I do not know. The car was delivered to me with 9 miles on it.

Originally Posted by superswiss
I didn't pay attention to it when my current car was new, but the Mercedes me app either shows an actual date when the service is due or the amount of miles left till the next service. It depends on how much you drive as the service interval is every 10k miles or 12 months whichever comes first. Wouldn't be surprising that the system has to calibrate itself first when the car is new, given it has no historical data yet. Is the app showing you an actual service date and if so does the date keep moving?

Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
I just checked again the app today, and it was updated at 4:38pm ET and now changed to miles, but over 10,000? See the photo below.

​​​​​​​
Old Yesterday, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
It's gonna take some time for it to figure out your average mileage to determine if you are on the mileage based service trajectory or the time based, so you'll likely see it ping pong back on forward for a while. Why it's saying the next service is due in over 15k miles, though seems strange. I have not read anywhere that MB extended the service intervals on the W214. As far as I know it's still 10k miles.
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
It's gonna take some time for it to figure out your average mileage to determine if you are on the mileage based service trajectory or the time based, so you'll likely see it ping pong back on forward for a while. Why it's saying the next service is due in over 15k miles, though seems strange. I have not read anywhere that MB extended the service intervals on the W214. As far as I know it's still 10k miles.
Thank you again for a response. I do agree, it did seem strange to me. Once I start driving it more, I'm sure I'll get a change. I'll keep everyone updated on this thread as well. Definitely strange that I saw over 15,000 though. Again, I'm almost positive on Thursday and Friday, it was saying service in 9,000 something. Yesterday I only drove it like 5-10 miles. Today about the same. So maybe it just needs me to drive it consistently to settle in.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has had this problem, but I just took delivery of the car 3 days ago. I really appreciate the help!
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
I'd have your dealer reset the calculation similar to what they do when you get an A service.
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
Originally Posted by ua549
I'd have your dealer reset the calculation similar to what they do when you get an A service.
is that something I can do? I know many people do it when they do their own service?

im hoping it just needs more information from me driving it. Im back in it and it says 365 days again.
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 666 Likes on 522 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
It would be nice if they moved the oil changes up to 15K miles and once every 2 years, lol. I would just keep driving it and see if it sorts itself out and if worse comes to worse just change the oil when the odo hits 10K miles.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
It would be nice if they moved the oil changes up to 15K miles and once every 2 years, lol. I would just keep driving it and see if it sorts itself out and if worse comes to worse just change the oil when the odo hits 10K miles.
agreed. Still says 365 days. I’ll call tomorrow and see what my service advisor says. He’s always helped me with my old S-Class. Does anyone know how to reset this one?

Old Today, 12:09 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
UPDATE!

This morning, it was at again 15,534 miles, then I turned the car on and it went back to 365 days. Called the dealer, and they said bring it right in. I did, and they had it for about an hour or so, and called the shop Forman over. He came out and said what I was experiencing was normal and the car has to evaluate how much I would drive, etc, since the car is new. They said put a few more hundred miles on it, drive it, and it should determine it soon. If not, bring it back and they will take another look at it again. But he said it was normal, and it shouldn't affect the car otherwise. There was "nothing to reset."

In my opinion, I've never heard of that, but it might be, I really don't know and am not an expert on these topics. So at least they looked at it.
Old Today, 12:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,518 Likes on 2,141 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by snarestud940
This morning, it was at again 15,534 miles, then I turned the car on and it went back to 365 days. Called the dealer, and they said bring it right in. I did, and they had it for about an hour or so, and called the shop Forman over. He came out and said what I was experiencing was normal and the car has to evaluate how much I would drive, etc, since the car is new. They said put a few more hundred miles on it, drive it, and it should determine it soon. If not, bring it back and they will take another look at it again. But he said it was normal, and it shouldn't affect the car otherwise. There was "nothing to reset."

In my opinion, I've never heard of that, but it might be, I really don't know and am not an expert on these topics. So at least they looked at it.
Ya never heard of that either but then have what they say in writing so they can't blame you for overdue service later on.
Old Today, 12:31 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Ya never heard of that either but then have what they say in writing so they can't blame you for overdue service later on.
yeah I'm kind of disgusted. It's a 73,000 dollar car and it already has a malfunction. Nothing that is major by far, and doesn't affect the drivability, or anything else. But maybe it really does need to just be driven more. I was even shocked when I picked it up and it said service in 365 days. If I knew or if anyone knew how to reset it myself and start fresh as if I changed the oil, I would do it. But it seems like they didn't want to reset it as they said there was nothing to reset. I mean, I always keep track of mileage and time anyways.
Old Today, 12:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

yeah I'm kind of disgusted. It's a 73,000 dollar car and it already has a malfunction. Nothing that is major by far, and doesn't affect the drivability, or anything else. But maybe it really does need to just be driven more. I was even shocked when I picked it up and it said service in 365 days. If I knew or if anyone knew how to reset it myself and start fresh as if I changed the oil, I would do it. But it seems like they didn't want to reset it as they said there was nothing to reset. I mean, I always keep track of mileage and time anyways.
You never know maybe it indeed reset itself after driving, they might had changed the algorithm of how to calculate it on a W214. Never heard of it but might be part of the changes, need another W214 owner to chime in.
Old Today, 12:37 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
You never know maybe it indeed reset itself after driving, they might had changed the algorithm of how to calculate it on a W214. Never heard of it but might be part of the changes, need another W214 owner to chime in.
I agree. There is only 129 miles on the car, so I figured I'd wait until 400-500 and see what happens. Maybe they did change it. The service advisor did say the shop Forman came in to speak with him, and said it was normal.

Would love to hear from another W214 owner. Besides it's only been 4 days of ownership. It probably has to calculate. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again for responding, I love this forum because it really does help with issues!
Old Today, 12:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

I agree. There is only 129 miles on the car, so I figured I'd wait until 400-500 and see what happens. Maybe they did change it. The service advisor did say the shop Forman came in to speak with him, and said it was normal.

Would love to hear from another W214 owner. Besides it's only been 4 days of ownership. It probably has to calculate. I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks again for responding, I love this forum because it really does help with issues!
You're most welcome, hope you enjoy the car, you made a great choice, it is one of the better cars in the competition.
Old Today, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
You don't wanna reset it, otherwise your service will be out of order. It doesn't just keep track of the mileage/time, but also which service is due. They alternate between A and B, but there are also A1, B1 etc. as at certain times other things are due for maintenance, however that's more for AMGs which require regular transmission and differential fluid changes. Even so you don't want to confuse it with which service is due next.

It's possible that it might need a software update. The Assist Plus in my 2019 C63 didn't reset properly after the first service. It still said service was due. They had to do an update and then it reset correctly.

It's common wisdom to avoid the first and even second model year of a new car. They all have bugs and issues once they get in the hands of customers and it takes about 1-2 model years for everything to get sorted out. Be prepared to deal with other growing pains.
Old Today, 12:53 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
You're most welcome, hope you enjoy the car, you made a great choice, it is one of the better cars in the competition.
Honestly, thanks! I love it! And I know this such a minor thing, just like to make sure my car is working lol.

You don't wanna reset it, otherwise your service will be out of order. It doesn't just keep track of the mileage/time, but also which service is due. They alternate between A and B, but there are also A1, B1 etc. as at certain times other things are due for maintenance, however that's more for AMGs which require regular transmission and differential fluid changes. Even so you don't want to confuse it with which service is due next.

It's possible that it might need a software update. The Assist Plus in my 2019 C63 didn't reset properly after the first service. It still said service was due. They had to do an update and then it reset correctly.

It's common wisdom to avoid the first and even second model year of a new car. They all have bugs and issues once they get in the hands of customers and it takes about 1-2 model years for everything to get sorted out. Be prepared to deal with other growing pains.
I completely agree. Thank you! Again, it's driving perfectly, just always there. As long as I get it serviced at 1 year or 10,000 miles, I know it isn't a big deal. Just want to get my car working 100% properly. And you're right! It's a new model year. But it makes me feel better that after they did your first service, it didn't reset correctly and said that you needed service. Maybe an OTA update will be available for me soon, who knows. But I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on it. I just smirked at the dealer because I didn't think this was a thing, that it needed to be driven more. But who knows, I might be alright after all!

Thanks, again!
Old Today, 01:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Honestly, thanks! I love it! And I know this such a minor thing, just like to make sure my car is working lol.

I completely agree. Thank you! Again, it's driving perfectly, just always there. As long as I get it serviced at 1 year or 10,000 miles, I know it isn't a big deal. Just want to get my car working 100% properly. And you're right! It's a new model year. But it makes me feel better that after they did your first service, it didn't reset correctly and said that you needed service. Maybe an OTA update will be available for me soon, who knows. But I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on it. I just smirked at the dealer because I didn't think this was a thing, that it needed to be driven more. But who knows, I might be alright after all!

Thanks, again!
I guess if you are concerned, you can get a second opinion from another MB dealership's shop foreman.
Old Today, 03:08 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
I guess if you are concerned, you can get a second opinion from another MB dealership's shop foreman.
yes I called another dealer, they said it could need it for sure, just needs to be driven and set up. I'll give it a month, and see what happens.
Old Today, 04:28 PM

2024 Mercedes-Benz E350
UPDATE!

Well well, looks like maybe it is adapting?

Old Today, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Benz E300
I took delivery of my Australian brand new E300 on Jul 18 but initially the next service date indicated was May 24 next year. I was going to bring the car to the dealer and figure out what’s happening.

Then just now when I look at the Mercedes Me app again, the days to next service is gone and only the distance to next service is there now. I think some IT glitches are happening.

Perhaps not the car adapting nor updating. I never saw that changes from days to distances and vice versa in the app before in my W213.

Well well, looks like maybe it is adapting?

Last edited by Ewok; Today at 05:19 PM.
Old Today, 06:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

yes I called another dealer, they said it could need it for sure, just needs to be driven and set up. I'll give it a month, and see what happens.
Ah! Looks like the clock is finally ticking!