E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Ac blowing in one vent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2024, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes e350
Ac blowing in one vent

Why is only one of my vents blowing cold air the others are blowing relatively warm compared to that one I just replaced the blower motor and the cabin air filter
Old 07-28-2024, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 655 Likes on 486 Posts
MB
Originally Posted by Chubberdubbz
Why is only one of my vents blowing cold air the others are blowing relatively warm compared to that one I just replaced the blower motor and the cabin air filter
Probably a stuck or broken blend door actuator. Try moving temps way low and way high several times to see if it loosens it.
Old 07-28-2024, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes e350
Originally Posted by wildta
Probably a stuck or broken blend door actuator. Try moving temps way low and way high several times to see if it loosens it.
did it like 20 times still same and also the car has freeon and the ac is just not freezing like it should be I also own a 2008 Mercedes c300 and it gets so cold I have to turn down the ac this one does not do that
Old 07-28-2024, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 655 Likes on 486 Posts
MB
did it like 20 times still same and also the car has freeon and the ac is just not freezing like it should be I also own a 2008 Mercedes c300 and it gets so cold I have to turn down the ac this one does not do that
Do you have a diagnostic tool to read the codes? I forgot, also try moving the air around from the various vents too. I know you probably already did that but just want to be sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by wildta:
CaliBenzDriver (07-28-2024), juanmor40 (07-29-2024)
Old Yesterday, 05:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W212 facelift
Sound like your A/c system is having problems. Normally, only one vent blow cool air, and other is warm is sign of lack gas in your A/c system. Check your gas, good luck.
Old Yesterday, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 897 Likes on 646 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by butala
Sound like your A/c system is having problems. Normally, only one vent blow cool air, and other is warm is sign of lack gas in your A/c system. Check your gas, good luck.
There is only one evaporator coil for the A/C to cool the car unless you have the dual system that I think has another one for the rear passengers.

If the coil provides cold air for one vent it means it provides it also for all vents that the system settings ask for. It is NOT about low refrigerant in the A/C system, It is about the air flow mixer valves that control air temperature coming out of the vents.
Old Today, 01:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W212 facelift
Originally Posted by Arrie
There is only one evaporator coil for the A/C to cool the car unless you have the dual system that I think has another one for the rear passengers.

If the coil provides cold air for one vent it means it provides it also for all vents that the system settings ask for. It is NOT about low refrigerant in the A/C system, It is about the air flow mixer valves that control air temperature coming out of the vents.
W212 sedan has only one coil. If the setting of system has problem, you will get code with xentry or other code reader as Thinktool ... As BMW, only one vent has cool air, in bmw is driver side, and MB as I remember is passenger side is low refrigerant. If low, you must find the leak point to fix this problem, don't only push more gas to your system.