EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Has anyone know if outside sound can be retrofitted?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2022 EQS 580
Has anyone know if outside sound can be retrofitted?

Hello Everyone - I am new to the forum here and recently got a 2022 Silver EQS 580 with pinnacle trim. Love the car so far. One issue only so far that was taken care of under warranty from dealership - lost the 4G comms module for some reason. All good now with new module.
My question however is - since my car was supposed to come with Sound Experience for outside (I do have the inside sound), but do not have it outside when locking, unlocking, etc due to hardware not installed at factory, I was wondering if anyone knowns if this can be retrofitted and installed from dealer. I've asked them several times and they kept beating around the bush. I understand it could be either or both hardware and software update to allow it. Has anyone done it, or know what could be done? Thank you.
Old 07-30-2024, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS580
I talked to EleBest a few months ago about it; he indicated he could code the feature if I replaced the exterior amplifier module on My 2022 Eqs with the 2023 version.. you might want to contact him; I do have the part number but haven't done it yet
Old 07-30-2024, 12:31 PM

2022 EQS 580
Thanks - that is actually interesting as I was thinking in the same line that the external module is missing something.. I just wonder if the actual speakers are even installed for the outside sound effects. Could you please give me the part number.. i will bring it up at the dealer soon to see what they will say. I am sure if I pay they will install and code/configure it. I wonder how much they will charge me haha.
Old 08-01-2024, 12:05 PM

2022 EQS 580
Originally Posted by hangulo
I talked to EleBest a few months ago about it; he indicated he could code the feature if I replaced the exterior amplifier module on My 2022 Eqs with the 2023 version.. you might want to contact him; I do have the part number but haven't done it yet
Hi Hangulo... could you please share the part number you have for that module we are talking about. Thank you in advance.
Old 08-05-2024, 06:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS580
Sorry for the delay, I was told, for my 2022 EQS580, the needed AVAS amplifier ECU part number was A2979004516
(Hardware ID 2909012401 )

My hardware ID was older than that, if yours is already 2909012401 or higher you might not need the new Hardware.... the ECU is in the front passenger footwell

You will need then to code the exterior sound option once in place... Let us know if you make it work!
The following users liked this post:
RadoMB (08-06-2024)
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,106 Likes on 729 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by RadoMB
Thanks - that is actually interesting as I was thinking in the same line that the external module is missing something.. I just wonder if the actual speakers are even installed for the outside sound effects. Could you please give me the part number.. i will bring it up at the dealer soon to see what they will say. I am sure if I pay they will install and code/configure it. I wonder how much they will charge me haha.
All cars have the speakers. Its mandated on all EV's. I don't get it my 580 has the outside sound sffects. You just turn them on in the MBux settings..
Old Today, 03:19 PM

2022 EQS 580
Originally Posted by c4004matic
All cars have the speakers. Its mandated on all EV's. I don't get it my 580 has the outside sound sffects. You just turn them on in the MBux settings..
Mine is MY22 and was supposed to have it but its not on the mbux - it only shows internal sound effects and no option for external. Also, when i go to digital extras it tells me that due to hardware limitations my car is missing sound experience, thats why i don't hear anything outside, and thats why i wanted to ask here if anything can be done to install or replace something.