S-Class (W223) 2021 to Present

Help needed about the noise from suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2024, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S350d V223
Unhappy Help needed about the noise from suspension

I have been driving my S350d (v223) for nearly six months. Recently, I noticed an issue with the suspension when driving over slightly uneven roads or speed bumps. Interestingly, this problem only occurs after the car has been driven for at least 15-30 minutes, leading me to suspect that certain suspension components might be affected by heat.

I have taken the vehicle to the Mercedes-Benz dealership multiple times, but they have been unable to identify any issues. They attempted to replace some spring links, but the problem persists.

If anyone has experienced a similar issue, I have posted YouTube videos with the accompanying sound here. I would appreciate any insights or resolutions you could share. Thank you.

Last edited by Natesuke; 07-30-2024 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-30-2024, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 729 Likes on 456 Posts
2023 S500
That’s not normal. I would just be insistent and share the videos with them.
The following users liked this post:
Natesuke (07-31-2024)
Old 07-31-2024, 05:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S350d V223
Originally Posted by Frenetic
That’s not normal. I would just be insistent and share the videos with them.
I shared the videos with them and attempted to do the same with other Mercedes-Benz dealerships. Unfortunately, they were unable to determine the root cause of the problem. They have replaced the front left air suspension, but the issue still persists.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,097 Likes on 693 Posts
23 S580 Executive
Not to let anyone off the hook, but it can be difficult to figure these out. Persistence is your only friend coming out the gate. I'm not sure whey they're reluctant to keep at these things, but they do seem that way, and not just at MB. In any event, you have little choice but to live with it, or go into squeaky wheel mode.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,536 Likes on 2,156 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by crabman
Not to let anyone off the hook, but it can be difficult to figure these out. Persistence is your only friend coming out the gate. I'm not sure whey they're reluctant to keep at these things, but they do seem that way, and not just at MB. In any event, you have little choice but to live with it, or go into squeaky wheel mode.
Ya sadly these are not something that throws a code to make pinpointing the issue easier. Noise issues are the most annoying imho.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 331 Posts
2019 S560, 2022 Audi S8
Originally Posted by Natesuke
I shared the videos with them and attempted to do the same with other Mercedes-Benz dealerships. Unfortunately, they were unable to determine the root cause of the problem. They have replaced the front left air suspension, but the issue still persists.
Makes you wonder what the service departments would be doing about this problem if it was an S63 or a Maybach S680.