E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

X431 coding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
X431 coding

Anyone else do coding with an X431 unit? I've managed to disable stop/start and changed the number of one touch signals from 3 to 5. Wondering what else can be done. I'd really like to have the default drive mode be sport instead of economy, as well as code flashing brake lights during hard braking, for example.
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 493 Posts
2013 ML350 Bluetec
You can turn off the seatbelt reminder
stop the front seats from going upright when the back seat gets folded down (sedan)
On my W211 I was able to set the fog lights to stay on when the high beams are on; don't recall if I was able to do that to my W212 sedan or not...
Old Today, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,626 Likes on 1,212 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Originally Posted by Incendiary
Anyone else do coding with an X431 unit? I've managed to disable stop/start and changed the number of one touch signals from 3 to 5. Wondering what else can be done. I'd really like to have the default drive mode be sport instead of economy, as well as code flashing brake lights during hard braking, for example.
If you want that done, you will need to have it programmed. You can make some configuration changes with LAUNCH X431, but other changes need to be done with programming. I recommend you contact @BenzNinja for programming changes. I had him reprogram my transmission to add Sport+ (a.k.a., Agility), last setting keep, and throttle tweak, and it has been amazing.

Be careful exploring with LAUNCH as you can reset some modules and require reinitialization, often requiring other actions. Initializing/calibrating radar for Distronic+ is one such function.
Old Today, 08:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E350S4
Originally Posted by JettaRed
If you want that done, you will need to have it programmed. You can make some configuration changes with LAUNCH X431, but other changes need to be done with programming. I recommend you contact @BenzNinja for programming changes. I had him reprogram my transmission to add Sport+ (a.k.a., Agility), last setting keep, and throttle tweak, and it has been amazing.

Be careful exploring with LAUNCH as you can reset some modules and require reinitialization, often requiring other actions. Initializing/calibrating radar for Distronic+ is one such function.
Yeah, I think I'm done exploring on my own. I almost messed something up on my bmw, so I decided to give up on that one.
Old Today, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 138 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
Originally Posted by JettaRed

I thought BenzNinja or one of the other programmers previously acknowledged that Agility doesn't actually do anything useful and refunded those who had it programmed? What does it do for you and what model did you enable it on?