Hydraulic jack fail - be very careful guys

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 151 Posts
'13 GLK350 4matic,'09 C300 4matic,'15 GLA250,'07 Honda Odyssey, '18 GLE 43
Hydraulic jack fail - be very careful guys

I had a very close call this morning and my life flashed before me. I decided to remove my right front tires to check something and used a hydraulic jack to lift the vehicle. I was thinking of not using a jack stand as I am not thinking of going under the vehicle but my angel tapped me to say "dont be lazy and get the bloody stand!" So I did and placed it just below the suspension arms. After I removed the wheel and turned to the side to roll of wheel I just heard a "TUD" sound. Looked at the vehicle and it is resting on the jack stand and saw hydaulic fluid leaking from the lift. I was like "ohhhh ****!!" If I did not place that jack stand the gle would hit the ground hard, damage potentially the suspension arms, brake assembly, maybe even the frame where the hudraulic stand was located and if I have my arm or head leaning inside the wheel well god knows what could have happened. The jack is 8 years old and has a 4 ton rating. So guys whatever you do when lifting your vehicle always use a jack stand or any hard object to act as secondary support.
The following users liked this post:
Baltistyle (Yesterday)
Old Today, 02:14 AM

Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts
SL63
Only put a support, under a floor jacked car, thick enough as you want your body to be.