CLK-Class (W209) 2003 on: CLK 270 CDI, CLK 200K, CLK 200 CGI, CLK 240, CLK 320, CLK 350, CLK 500, CLK 550 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Turn signal and breaking causes convertible roof warning signal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 clk 320 / 2015 B250 / 2016 E 400 Estate (wagon)
Question Turn signal and breaking causes convertible roof warning signal

Hello,

I have a 2003 CLK 320 (A209). It has approximately 130 k km, never driven or left outside winters (Montreal, Canada climate).

When I apply the breaks, the cart could simply be parked either with in accessory mode or running or when I apply the LEFT turn signal, the roof switch light and audible warning signal go on. When the turn signal is on (flashes), the roof light flashes to and the audible signal goes on and off in sync with the flasher. Also, I noticed three other symptoms :
1 - I have the CHECK LAMPS warning at start-up. All bulbs are functional except the left front side marker. I don not believe it is a turn signal bulb though.
2 - When diving, the rooftop switch turns off
3 - When driving with the cruise control, the cruise disengages when I apply the LEFT turn signal. No issue when signaling RIGHT.

I check that there is nothing in the trunk (boot) that could obstruct the cover that could hinder the micro-switch.

This problem was not consistent the last two summers, but it have been constant this summer.

Any ideas where this issue could be or what tests or troubleshooting should I do?

Thanks.