EQE SUV (X294) Forum for Discussion of EQE SUV

Tire Replacement Mercedes EQE 4Matic SUV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2024, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes EQE350 4matic SUV
Tire Replacement Mercedes EQE 4Matic SUV

Hi I have a Mercedes EQE 350 4matic SUV. Tires are pretty low at 12k miles. So looking to replace them soon. By the way I'm located in SO CAL . So dry conditions

I heard a lot about people losing EV range after replacing them with Pirelli tires. Personally I like Bridgestone. Any recommendations on someone who has replaced tires and gotten the same or decent EV range and good tread life afterwards?

Also looking for tires with Decent Warranty.

3 Tires I'm comparing now:

1) Bridgestone Potneza Sport AS
2) Goodyear ElectricDrive 2
3) Michelin Cross Climate
Old 08-12-2024, 07:42 PM

Received 228 Likes on 157 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Do you drive much in snow or icy weather? If so, CrossClimate 2s might be good, but expect a range drop. Do expect a range drop with any tire when new, even the same exact tire. It's minimal, but still there.

Tires I've tried and liked:
Sedan: Continental ProContact RX T1 with ContiSilent
SUV: Stock Pirellis - they've been pretty decent. Also Continental CrossContact LX Sports. I really wanted to try the Goodyear ElectricDrive 2s, but we were a day away from a road trip, and a sidewall puncture demanded a new set of tires (the stock Pirellis were at 4mm), so we had to go with what was in stock.

I do hope to purchase some Nokian WRG5s as winter approaches as a "winter" set. I'm used to putting snow tires on with combustion cars, but we live in KY, so the conditions aren't harsh in the winter despite some snow. So, I'm really curious about the WRG5 all-weather tires. My dad has CrossClimate 2s on his EQE SUV and loves them.

BTW, I did try Bridgestone Turanza EV tires on my sedan, and while they felt great, there was a pretty big range loss with them, so I switched to the ProContact RXs, and they've been wonderful.
The following users liked this post:
SidEQE350 (08-12-2024)
Old 08-12-2024, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes EQE350 4matic SUV
Thanks for the recommendation. No I don't drive in snow at all. And rarely ever rains in SoCal. So hot and dry. I'll look into Continentals.

As far as Pirelli. Is the treadlife holding up pretty well?
Old 08-12-2024, 08:44 PM

Received 228 Likes on 157 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Our stock tires were Pirelli Scorpion Zero Elect all seasons. Gotta say they were pretty decent. Range was good, noise was good, wear was pretty good as well. I'd have considered a second go with them. We probably could have stretched them to 18k miles.
The following users liked this post:
SidEQE350 (08-12-2024)
Old Today, 08:42 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by bytemaster0
Our stock tires were Pirelli Scorpion Zero Elect all seasons. Gotta say they were pretty decent. Range was good, noise was good, wear was pretty good as well. I'd have considered a second go with them. We probably could have stretched them to 18k miles.
My EQS SUV was ordered with summer tires and had the goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 5. I got the car used with 11K miles on it and one or two tires apparently were damaged, there was vibration at certain speeds. My dealer asked if they could replace them and I said yes. Instead of putting new Goodyear's on my car, they installed (without asking) the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Elect all season. I have an appointment tomorrow to get the Pirelli's replaced with Goodyears because the Pirellis made my ride so much harsher! I can't comment on how long each tires lasts but I got an EQS because I care about ride quality.
Old Today, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW X3 M40i, Ford Mach-E GT
If wet traction is not important for you, but range is, you may want to look at the Hankook Ion Evo AS SUV.

It's a newer tire, so there's not a ton of driver reports out there just yet. But Tire Rack tested the non-SUV version of this tire alongside a battery of both EV-specific and general tires (including the ElectricDrive 2) and it was the most efficient of the group with good dry performance, with their main compromise being subpar wet traction.

Hankook provides a 50k mile warranty on these, but again not many have had this tire long enough to properly test treadwear just yet.