car rear wobble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
car rear wobble

Hello to all

i almost give up fixing a wobble in the rear end . i read all thread in the forum related to this topic and none seem to help.

The car in question is cls55 w219 with kleeman stage 3 .

The issue is that the rear end wobble during hard acceleration (over half of gass pedal is pressed .) .
first i tried to turn esp off to check if this issue is related to it , the rear end of the car in this case swing a lot to the right side then esp kick in again to put the car stright again . so it is not related to esp and wheel rpm sensors etc .
The wheel are new bridgestone potenza sport 19 , oem spec in tire width , no car lowering all stock .
then i changed all the car low arm in the rear and front . the problem remain the same , i check every bushing for play nothing to be found .
i was in 10 or different aligement shop all of them state the car is in good shape and no problem with geometry .

so the issue is only under hard acceleration .
in order to get the car to accelerate without esp kicking is when wooting over 180 km/h .
from what i understand there should be some rear toe out under hard acceleration , i asked my brother to push from inside out the wheel and tried to check the bushing . all what i find that move is one bushing , i will attach a picture. it was replaced with new one but even the new one same has slight movement on it .
there is a video which show how the tire moves .
i am almost giving up with this car , out of idea .

Old Today, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2004 E55
I don’t know who told you there should be toe-out under acceleration but they are 1000% wrong. The-out will make the car steer to the most heavily loaded wheel.

You want toe-IN on the rear. That will help a lot with acceleration darting