Wintertime

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:43 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 257 Likes on 183 Posts
Question Wintertime

What will you guys be using for winter tires? Our 53 will be at our place in N Cal where we get a light dusting of snow for 2-3 months. I wouldn't be interested in changing tires every winter (too much risk of colat damage to wheels) and would get Pilot Sport 4 AS's on a second set of wheels. I'm imaging the new AVS 20" AMG wheels will be ~$1200 a piece so what about something like these? They look pretty sharp. Or when Michein comes out with Pilot Sport 5 AS's just keep them on all year. Thoughts?

Amazon.com: New 20 inch x 8.5/9.5 Wheels Rims AMG Y Spoke Style Staggered Black Machine Face Set Of 4 : Automotive Amazon.com: New 20 inch x 8.5/9.5 Wheels Rims AMG Y Spoke Style Staggered Black Machine Face Set Of 4 : Automotive

Last edited by RJC; Yesterday at 09:16 PM.
Old Today, 01:35 AM

Received 167 Likes on 108 Posts
19 X3, 24 Tacoma Trailhunter, 25 CLE53
Originally Posted by RJC
What will you guys be using for winter tires? Our 53 will be at our place in N Cal where we get a light dusting of snow for 2-3 months. I wouldn't be interested in changing tires every winter (too much risk of colat damage to wheels) and would get Pilot Sport 4 AS's on a second set of wheels. I'm imaging the new AVS 20" AMG wheels will be ~$1200 a piece so what about something like these? They look pretty sharp. Or when Michein comes out with Pilot Sport 5 AS's just keep them on all year. Thoughts?

Amazon.com: New 20 inch x 8.5/9.5 Wheels Rims AMG Y Spoke Style Staggered Black Machine Face Set Of 4 : Automotive
I traditionally either used one set of all season tires or a two sets one with summer and the other with snow tires. For this car I going with summer tires only and ordered a pick-up for winter duties.
Old Today, 07:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by RJC

Amazon.com: New 20 inch x 8.5/9.5 Wheels Rims AMG Y Spoke Style Staggered Black Machine Face Set Of 4 : Automotive

Rims are so personal. I really dislike the look of the new RVS cross spoke wheels , especially the black ones. The ones you linked below look great.

Canada here, so a full set of winters are a must and need to drop down in size from the 20" as well.

Last edited by Wolvie; Today at 07:46 AM.
Old Today, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,000 Likes on 764 Posts
G550
I don't clock enough miles each year, or find it necessary to drive in heavy weather, to flip tire sets twice a year. Your requirements seem similar, so you might find an all season tire with a 3MPSF traction rating a good choice. There are many to choose from, such as Michelin's CrossClimate 2, but your tire size will determine what's available.
Old Today, 10:12 AM

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
2008 C300, 2015 CLA 45 AMG, 2018 SLC 300, 2019 C43 AMG coupe
Originally Posted by RJC

Not driving or havnt purchased a CLE 53. But will be getting my order of new vehicle in the next week. I am in Canada and so we need winter tires. Like you, I have chosen to stay 20inch for winter this year. I went with Pirelli P Zero as it was difficult to find Michelin in the correct size. Most were out of stock.

in terms of rims, I did some research and came across Forzaa performance Group. They make forged Replica wheels. Ive read BMW and Porsche forums and people seem to like them. So I took the plunge and put in an order for a set of these. They are the 2025 CLE53/GT63 style rims, but with centre lock ( which i liked stylistically better). Will let you know once they arrive.

Old Today, 11:53 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by Mayur999
Not driving or havnt purchased a CLE 53. But will be getting my order of new vehicle in the next week. I am in Canada and so we need winter tires. Like you, I have chosen to stay 20inch for winter this year. I went with Pirelli P Zero as it was difficult to find Michelin in the correct size. Most were out of stock.

in terms of rims, I did some research and came across Forzaa performance Group. They make forged Replica wheels. Ive read BMW and Porsche forums and people seem to like them. So I took the plunge and put in an order for a set of these. They are the 2025 CLE53/GT63 style rims, but with centre lock ( which i liked stylistically better). Will let you know once they arrive.

Those are stunning and much nicer than the MY 25 forged ones.

We are in Ottawa so too much snow to not go down to 19" for winter. Can you please let me know where you ordered those from ?