2021 GLE 450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 CLS550
2021 GLE 450

Hello,

I been in the market for a GLE SUV and wanted to know if this would be a good decent deal. There's a 2021 GLE 450 with the third row and AMG exterior for 50k and 25k miles. Its a certified preowned from the dealer. Base of the miles I'm thinking it might of been a lease car since it has a carfax report of one owner. I'm debating on pulling on the trigger on it. Let me know you guys think.

Thank you
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

Received 154 Likes on 109 Posts
S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
If you have the full spec/options sheet or window sticker available it would be easier to gauge the deal.
The following users liked this post:
Lanzz (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM

2008 CLS550
Hi These the option show as listed.

Certified 2021 Black/Black MB-Tex with Premium 1 Package featuring Burmester(R) Surround Sound System & Surround View Camera, AMG Line Exterior, 3rd Row Seat Package, Driver Assistance Package, Soft Close Doors, Augmented Video for Navigation, MB-Tex Upper Dash and Door Trim, Heated & Cooled Cup Holders, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, Panorama Sunroof, Heated Steering Wheel, Head-Up Display, Trailer Hitch, Illuminated Running Boards, Load Sill Guard/Chrome, Metal Weave Trim, 21 AMG Multispoke Wheels & Wheel Locking Bolts

- Options: MB-TEX DASHBOARD, DASHCAM, PREMIUM PACKAGE, DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE PLUS, HEAD-UP DISPLAY, BLACK HEADLINER, PASSENGER SEAT MEMORY, AMG LINE EXTERIOR, TRAILER HITCH, SOFT CLOSE DOORS, PANORAMA SLIDING SUNROOF, HEATED & VENTILATED FRONT SEATS, MBUX AUGMENTED VIDEO FOR NAVIGATION, HEATED STEERING WHEEL, ILLUMINATED RUNNING BOARDS, 3RD ROW SEAT PACKAGE, METAL WEAVE TRIM, LOAD SILL PROTECTION (PIO), WHEEL LOCKING BOLTS (PIO), WHEELS: 21 AMG MULTISPOKE
Old Yesterday, 09:13 PM

Received 213 Likes on 160 Posts
2023 GLE450, 2021 E350 / Used to drive: 2019 E300, 2021 + 2020 GLE350, 2019 E450 Wagon(s), 2017 E300
Nicely equipped. What is condition? Paint, wheels, amount of tire tread left? Certified doesn't always mean perfect condition, so look it over very closely. Check the warranty expiration date - you probably will have a few months of the factory warranty and then a year of the CPO warranty - think about what you would do in terms of driving it outside of a warranty. (Hint - I would not drive any late model european luxury car without a warranty...) I think third row seat with 21 inch wheels means no spare and no run flats - you will see "tirefit" on the build sheet if this is the case - that is essentially the "goo" and air compressor in case of a flat. Be sure you are ok with this. (Third row seat takes up the space where the spare would go.) Check for cracks in MB-tex on driver's seat especially - seems much more common lately. Anything that you need fixed or addressed must be negotiated in - you have zero leverage after the deal is written.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM

2008 CLS550
The paint looks in good shape but of course pictures can be deceiving. I plan on making a trip to really take a look at it. From reading the carfax two of the tires were replaced last year.

When I called to talk about the car they mentioned they could drop the price down 500 which makes me think they might be willing to go down on the price. I’m curious if I could possibly get them down to 48k if I went in person.

Do dealers go down much on a used car?
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM

Received 154 Likes on 109 Posts
S63, GLE580, Monster 1100S
Nicely equipped and I think the price is actually pretty good. With that said, it wont hurt to try and ask for extras from the dealer in addition to a possible further price reduction. Dealers can sweeten the deal with an additional year of CPO coverage, prepaid maintenance, new tires (if the wear is within acceptable range but soon to be in the replace soon zone or if they are summer and you want all season).

Lannz, is right about the no spare, personally I just carry a plug kit, compressor, and the fix-a-flat kit. For me, 99% of the times there are air loss issues its due to a puncture which can be addressed on the fly with the kit. I have the same setup in two mbs without spares and confidently drive long distances. That third row is pretty much exclusively for kids, adults ok for short sub 30 min rides before it gets uncomfortable.

Warranty is debatable, wife prefers it so her car has it, I don't have it on mine currently and not concerned. I will say though, years back on an e63 my fidelity 3rd party warranty paid out close to 14k which i paid 5k for the policy.